IGNORED

TST Fantasy Golf 2014

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 3460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Too late to join?

I think you can join any time throughout the year (until it's full), you just will have missed one tournament, which isn't a big deal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can choose week 2 and pick now, but best to wait until tomorrow and it will reset to Sony Open and have the proper field listed on it.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

• Administrator

dang - just entered my picks for sony open...assumed the players it showed for me to choose from was who would be playing ;(

Most of the players who play in the TOC also play in the Sony. But you'll still want to update your choices as some new ones will be available.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Welcome man...you'll have fun. Points based on score for the round, so low score gets 20 points then goes down in increments of 2. I've been at it for a while and keeps me interested and following the tour. Enjoy and good luck!

Most of the players who play in the TOC also play in the Sony. But you'll still want to update your choices as some new ones will be available.

Saw on Golf Central that 18 of 30 from HTOC are in the field at Sony Open.

• Administrator
Saw on Golf Central that 18 of 30 from HTOC are in the field at Sony Open.

That's not many. Usually those that make the trip play both. 60% isn't bad but it's less than usual IIRC.

I joined the group for this year. New to the board as well. This is my third year playing Yahoo Fantasy Golf. I didn't finish the first year because it got to be too frustrating, but I managed to finish last year. I ended up in the 80th percentile, which to me, is pretty good, but I would like to get better.

I felt I did well this week, had Zach Johnson and Webb Simpson for the bonus pts. but missed out on Jordan Speith. I would've been closer to first had I not switched to DJ for the final round, thinking he would finish in the top three.

If anything, my weakness is that I tend to make too many moves, instead of picking the best players and riding them out for the whole tournament.

My goal is to score better in the major tournaments. I was simply awful last year.

I joined the group for this year. New to the board as well. This is my third year playing Yahoo Fantasy Golf. I didn't finish the first year because it got to be too frustrating, but I managed to finish last year. I ended up in the 80th percentile, which to me, is pretty good, but I would like to get better.  I felt I did well this week, had Zach Johnson and Webb Simpson for the bonus pts. but missed out on Jordan Speith. I would've been closer to first had I not switched to DJ for the final round, thinking he would finish in the top three. If anything, my weakness is that I tend to make too many moves, instead of picking the best players and riding them out for the whole tournament.  My goal is to score better in the major tournaments. I was simply awful last year.

I agree I tend to tweak my roster too much too. With no cut this week my strategy was to keep my 4 all week...almost subbed Zach out for Webb Simpson and DJ as they were in first after 3 rounds but it paid off with Zach winning. Good luck on your season.

We are up to 25 participants....still room for more, and not too late to start...only one tourney in the books, and there are three segments in the season, so you would be playing catch up for the winter season, but not for spring and summer....hope we can keep it growing.

Bonus Points for players on the bench, WOW.

No wonder I got my butt kicked last season.

This opens up a totally different ball game.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Bonus Points for players on the bench, WOW.

No wonder I got my butt kicked last season.

This opens up a totally different ball game.

Club Rat

Yes, surprised me too...looked on Yahoo and as long as a player was active on your roster  for one round in the tourney, even if they are on the bench in the last round you get the bonus points. for example, I had Webb simpson on the bench last week but he was never active, so I didn't get the bonus points, whereas Mouzer's Hackers and Slicers had Speith active for 2 rounds, and then on the bench the last 2 rounds, but still got the 10 bonus points for Speith because he had him active at one point on his roster. Adds another wrinkle to things for sure.

I was looking to set up my roster tonight and I noticed that there are players you can choose that are not playing the Sony (Tiger for example). This is my first fantasy golf league is this common or am I in the wrong area?

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

I was looking to set up my roster tonight and I noticed that there are players you can choose that are not playing the Sony (Tiger for example). This is my first fantasy golf league is this common or am I in the wrong area?

You are in the right area. Usually yahoo has the field set by Tuesday but with the Monday finish for THTOC it is probably just a day behind.

Why are their roster deadlines every day? Like i said in an earlier post, I put my team in round 2 because I signed up late, but it felt like cheating because i just picked guys who played well the day before. It is looking like you can change your whole team every day. Is this true? I never played before and seems to me like the only hard picks are round 1

Driver: Titleist 910d2

Irons: Mizuno MP4s kbs tour shafts

Vokey Wedges 50 54 & 58

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

Balls: Pro v1x 

Note: This thread is 3460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!