IGNORED

Your Lowest Round Ever

majorchamp
Note: This thread is 3849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

+1 (73) last year.  Was -4 after the front 9, but limped home on the back nine.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have been playing pretty seriously the last three months and I just bought new clubs last week.  My second time out with them I shot a 79 which is my lowest round ever.  I started using my new four iron instead of my olddd driver and it took 5 or 6 strokes off my game.  I don't feel very manly though.

Originally Posted by sealpuncher

I started using my new four iron instead of my olddd driver and it took 5 or 6 strokes off my game.  I don't feel very manly though.

I feel ya. I know that I could consistently knock several strokes off every round if I just hit a 3 iron off the tee instead of my driver. However, I never do that because in the end I really need/want to lock in a consistently straight drive.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

82 at Plum Creek in Kyle, TX

Went there on a whim while travelling with the girlfriend (now fiancee).

That was a magical day.  Couldn't miss the green from 150 out if I had wanted to.

Best 9 was even par.

Best 18 was 76 on a par 70, and a few 79's on par 72's.

I made it to a 9 handicap this season but then put together a string of really bad rounds (like 12 - 3 weeks worth) to put me back up to a 12.  I've produced a pinched nerve in my lower back so I'm making some changes to make my swing less violent and it seems to be working (the 76 was last Tuesday)

This year I have shot 76 to 101.  Mostly in the mid-to-high 80's (with 3 rounds under 80!).

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

70 (-1) on 18 holes and a pretty short typical public course.. 6500 yards.. Same day my back nine score was 34 (-2). It was a good day haha

Shot a 78 TODAY! 42 on the front, 36 on the back. The worst part is I was -2 coming into 18 and blew it with a double bogey. Oh well, I'm so pumped to finally break 80.

Golf courses are not all equal!  It sure would be nice if people would post the CR and SLOPE from the tees they played when sharing scores.

IE....scoring 'XX' means absolutely nothing without perspective.

So....did you score "XX" on a 5200yd course with a 67CR and 103 slope, or was it a 7200yd course with a 77Cr and 149slope?   The difference is HUGE!!!  For me, reading that somebody shot XX without a qualifier is meaningless.  Without a qualifier, I assume the course is a short wide-open goat track...LOL

::stepping down off soap box now::

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Golf courses are not all equal!  It sure would be nice if people would post the CR and SLOPE from the tees they played when sharing scores.

IE....scoring 'XX' means absolutely nothing without perspective.

So....did you score "XX" on a 5200yd course with a 67CR and 103 slope, or was it a 7200yd course with a 77Cr and 149slope?   The difference is HUGE!!!  For me, reading that somebody shot XX without a qualifier is meaningless.  Without a qualifier, I assume the course is a short wide-open goat track...LOL

::stepping down off soap box now::

I agree with all of that except the "goat track" part. Ha ha! The only one of those that I've played is a b#%^*.

There's one here that truly qualifies as a very short goat tract that is so bad there is no way to shoot a decent score on it. Anything under 50 putts would probably be the course record. Only two kinds of people play there. Tourists that have no idea how bad it is and people too drunk to care. Does have the hardest par 3 in the world though. 235 yards with a big oak tree in the middle of the fairway blocking the green, which slopes so much left to right that even if you place a ball on the green by hand it won't stay on. All you can do is keep putting at the hole from off the green until you finally get lucky and make one.

That course does have a very useful purpose though. Since all drunks and all manner of idiots are welcome there it keeps them away from the courses the rest of us play.

• 3 months later...
Darius here -

My best 81 - I think it was Lake Presidential in or around DC.  Why I have no idea it was my first time on the course and everything just worked that day.  I wanna relive that

Worst (since i have been sorta decent) - 103 - the Highlands golf course Bella Vista AR - its a tight course and I was spraying every club i had - i swear i lost a ball with my putter on the green

I have been playing for a little over 6 years

If you are big and tall check out Aveo Golf  - please (really I'm begging you to)

79, par 72 (69.2/120).   Before that, 82 was my best 18 hole score.   I thought breaking 79 had to be a error free (relatively speaking, of course) round but I was wrong.    I felt I've made 4 - 6 errors I could have avoided.   The round gave me hope that I can go much lower but I have yet to match it, 6 months later and counting.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

With no qualifiers......my lowest 18 hole score is 57 :-P True story.....

What's in Paul's Bag:

With no qualifiers......my lowest 18 hole score is 57:-P    True story.....

Holy crap! :bugout: What was the course rating? Tell us about it....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Holy crap!

What was the course rating? Tell us about it....

it was an unrated par 60 exec course..........LOL

As I was saying.....a score without a slope/CR is meaningless!!  But yes, I broke 60............Hehe...which means nothing!

What's in Paul's Bag:

Note: This thread is 3849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!