IGNORED

Putters for $100 or Less

Note: This thread is 3733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are some decent putters for 100 or less.

Bag::ogio: Chamber cart bag

Driver: :tmade: TaylorMade Burner 

3 Wood::adams: Adams Speedline Super S

Hybrid::adams: Adams Idea a3OS Boxer 

Irons: :tmade: TaylorMade Burner Plus 

Wedges::callaway: Forged wedges

Putter::ping: Scottsdale

I got my Yes! putter for $25! It was a return that got mis-priced and the sales guy just shrugged and said, "sticker says $25 so that's what I'm charging you." :-D

Just hit a golf store and try out all the putters that are $100 or less, tons of great putters available at that price especially if you don't mind last year's model. IIRC the Cleveland Classics line is all around $100 and I've heard great things about them.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got my Yes! putter for $25! It was a return that got mis-priced and the sales guy just shrugged and said, "sticker says $25 so that's what I'm charging you."

You're lucky. I went to a store once and picked up a club from the clearance bag with a clearance sticker on it and they guy told me they're mislabeled and refused to sell them to me at the marked price.

To the OP, I'd check out some older models, as well. I personally use an Odyssey White Ice #9, I believe the whole line is less than $100 now.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The first thing I would suggest that you do is go find as many putters to try out as you can without looking at the price tags.  As a generality, if you have a fairly strong arc in your putting stroke you will want a putter with more toe drop when you balance the shaft across your finger horizontally (toe tends to point down toward the ground).  If you have a pretty straight back and through stroke a more face balanced putter will probably serve better (face points toward the sky when balanced).  I didn't make that up, but it seems to be agreed by most.  Ping makes putters and marks them specifically for what sort of stroke you use, their web site probably has info on the logic.

Once you have hit enough, hopefully you will sort of settle in on a particular style that works best for your stroke looks right to you.  There are some funny lookin' putters out there!  They help some people, annoy others.  But once you sort of pick a style you are looking for you can begin sorting by price point more logically and you can start watching the used racks for a deal on something that may match your desires and is pre-depreciated.

Good luck with your search!

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Macgregor 2501 is a very nice putter that I wish I still have but I gave it away. $59.99 Golfsmith. The insert has a very identical feel to the TM spider.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Go someplace with used clubs, and just putt around until you find one that works. Putters have very different feels, and some will just feel better to you.

I had tried a number of putters at Dicks and found that I liked a 34" TaylorMade that was $89. Then I swung by Joe and Leighs (the brick and mortar of the 3 Balls website) and just started grabbing used putters at random. As soon as I picked one up, I knew it was for me because it felt RIGHT and I was sending the ball pretty much where I wanted it to go (granted, it was on a flat indoor surface). The best part? It was an Odyssey in near-mint condition for $25.

Russ B.

My brother got a Ping Anser or Karsten for under $100 and it's definitely a putter I could have played with.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I agree with the other posters about searching for used putters.  From E-bay I have bought a Ping Redwood Anser, Mizuno Bettinardi BC6 and a Scotty Cameron Newport Beach for around $100 each.  I currently use the Cameron with the Mizuno as my back-up.  My son uses the Ping.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Putters form the Cleveland Classic line are nice and under 100 bucks new. Used and they should be even cheaper. I have been using an HB3 fro some time now and works great for me.

Cleveland Classics are fantastic. Milled putters on the cheap. Many component putters are under $100, but take a bit of time (and some skill, although the learning curve isn't as steep as i expected) to assemble, particularly your first time. I'm using a Maltby CER putter now that I'm reasonably fond of.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Go to eBay and find some Bobby Grace putters that are slightly used for under hundred dollars

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I agree with the Cleveland Classic suggestions. They seem to be pretty good putters and are under $100. However, best bet is to probably go to a store and try everything in your price range. See what fits your eye best.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Hate to throw this in but the grip is another factor you might want to consider. I am using a Cleveland Classic HB3, but didn't entirely fall in love with it until i put one of this Winn fat grips. A lot cheaper than the Super Stroke grips so i went for it. Nothing against the SS grips but the price was high for something i wasn't sure i was going to stick with. Both are basically foam grips with a rubber skin. I do prefer the flat top of the Winn grip.

Go to eBay and find some Bobby Grace putters that are slightly used for under hundred dollars

I say the above w Grace or any other putter with the proviso that you really don't know what you're getting with any putter unless you can aim it where you're aiming.

Even at a store you're not certain where you're aiming from 10 feet out.

SeeMore has an inexpensive tool - the Triangulator - to test your aim with a putter. You can buy a less than $100 putter, get the Triangulator, and see where you need to make a sight adjustment with a new putter.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I say the above w Grace or any other putter with the proviso that you really don't know what you're getting with any putter unless you can aim it where you're aiming.

Even at a store you're not certain where you're aiming from 10 feet out.

SeeMore has an inexpensive tool - the Triangulator - to test your aim with a putter. You can buy a less than $100 putter, get the Triangulator, and see where you need to make a sight adjustment with a new putter.

The triangulator seems like a nice little tool. Watched a video on the SeeMore site on how to use it. Not sure if drawing a line on the putting green with a Sharpie would go over well with the golf course management (LOL) but otherwise looked interesting.

The triangulator seems like a nice little tool. Watched a video on the SeeMore site on how to use it. Not sure if drawing a line on the putting green with a Sharpie would go over well with the golf course management (LOL) but otherwise looked interesting.

I've never done it, but I would think that a contractors chalk line tool would be fine on a practice green and it would go away with the next mow. It would only put down a straight line. Check with course management, naturally.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Note: This thread is 3733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!