IGNORED

Will Phil Mickelson Win The U.S. Open To Complete The Career Grand Slam

Mulligan Jeff
Note:Β This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1. 1. Will he?

• Yes
    • No

Six 2nd place finishes! I gotta believe within the next few years Phil will kiss the trophy.

It better happen soon then, because at his age, the statistics are against him.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It better happen soon then, because at his age, the statistics are against him.

This.

I really think that Marion might have been his last shot at one. At his age, it seems like it's going to get tougher and tougher to win one. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled it off, but I'm not going to bet on it either.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment:Β 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5Β°) Β· PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15Β° and 21Β°)Β Β· PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22Β°, 25Β°, and 28Β°) Β· PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) Β·Β Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50Β°, 55Β°, 60Β°) Β·Β Edel Classic BladeΒ Putter (32") Β· Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour Β· Pinned Prism RangefinderΒ Β· Star Grips Β· Flightscope Mevo Β· TRUE Linkswear Shoes Β·Β Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
AnalyzrΒ Pro

I feel like he has 2 or 3 more to get it done. Its just so hard to win in your 40's especially after 45. I'd like to see him win one this year. I hope he gets it done but Im one of the guys rooting for Tiger to get to 19. So maybe I'm just happy to see to of the best ever reach their goals.

I agree it better happen soon cuz Father Time is against him. Mickelson sounds pleased by Callaway moving center if gravity back towards face in metal woods. Physical and mental ability, technology, sheer determination, and a little luck - let's hope they all work in sync for Phil to come out in top!

I said yes ... mainly because I really would love to see it happen.

Same here. Β Next four US Open are at:

Pinehurst

Chambers Bay

Oakmont

Erin Hills

I'm not that familiar with Erin Hills but Pinehurst and Chambers Bay are going to be much different set-ups than what we're used to seeing at US Opens. Β There's going to be no rough at Pinehurst and CB is a linksΒ courses. Β Not sure if this helps or hurts Phil, even though he doesn't hit a ton of fairways he's done well on "traditional" US Open set-ups.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

• Administrator

I voted no.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Could I ask why you think that way sir?

Because I don't think he will win the U.S. Open to complete the career grand slam.

:)

I typed that so you'd get the auto-response email. I know what you're asking. Namely, he's too old. He's running out of chances. He may have been close in 1999 or whenever, but where was he the last time when Michael Campbell of all people won? (Barely making the cut after a second-round 77, that's where.) And this isn't going to be the same old Pinehurst.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I said yes ... mainly because I really would love to see it happen.

Yep. Me too.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I say yes. Picked Phil to win it this year in the 2014 Major's Prediction thread ;-)

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* :Β Fairway - Ping G30 18* :Β Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* &Β 915 H 24* :Β Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 ForgedΒ 5Β - GW :Β Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 :Β Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio SelectΒ Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-RΒ  :Β Ball - Bridgestone B330RX,Β Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Note:Β This thread is 3293 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!