• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
The Youngblood

Why be afraid of the green?

Hey guys,

As being new to the sand trap and golf itself (started playing last June) i don't understand the fears/struggles with putting. From my rounds of golf I usually only generate a 3 putt when I'm frustrated about how many strokes it took me to land on the green. When I hit greens (literally anywhere on green) I have confidence that I'm at least going to get par. I was just wondering why people fret about the green. I worry about all the other stuff! Thanks guys.

MS256    145

The only people I know that do much fretting on the green are the best players I know that get sick of missing 5 to 10 foot birdie putts.

Three putting is almost always much more attributable to ball striking than it is to bad putting. Even the good players would three putt a lot if they constantly left themselves 60 footers from the wrong level.

mvmac    1,761

I was just wondering why people fret about the green. I worry about all the other stuff! Thanks guys.

Because they're worried about missing the putt?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hammer 4    51

I would much rather have a 20' putt, then have a 185 yd approach shot to a smallish green... :-D

David in FL    1,521
I love the green. My entire game is oriented to getting onto the green as soon as possible. I don't know of a single golfer who feels otherwise.....

[@]BENtSwing32[/@] not at all. I'm an average putter at best! You guys are right the guys I play with are more advanced than me and I see them get nervous on birdie puts. Sorry to mislead just wanted to get a thread going.