IGNORED

Ping i25's

Note: This thread is 3727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Still the sleekest best looking driver on the market. Now they added racing stripes for alignment, YAY!!!

Can't wait to give this one a try.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I was a ping fan... ;-) Not a big fan of that one.  Racing stripes are for cars.  Can't wait to see the irons though.

edit: my bad, I have not got out much lately.

I will also stick with my i20's although they don't look too bad.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I think the irons look real nice. Id like to see the driver in person. I think they should have kept the driver one solid color but If I hit it good I don't care how goofy it looks :-D

I looked at the irons a little more and I like them a lot I hope some day they will be mine. I feel like they are a mix of the S55's and the i20's(looks wise)

Just from the pics, not a huge fan of the racing stripes, seems to go against the "player" theme of the i-series.  Will have to wait until I see it in person.

Irons look good, seem pretty similar to the i20's, not really much they should or needed to change IMO  Great option for players looking to go to that style of club and for players that are using an older i-series set that want to upgrade.  Love the foggy chrome finish.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

So I've never hit an I series and I was wondering how the long irons compare(in size) to the G series? I have G 15's and from what I've read the I series gets progressively bigger. So I just wondered how similar the 4 irons are.

I kinda like the racing stripes. I think it will be easier to align. I can see how it doesn't fit into the idea of a better players driver.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So I've never hit an I series and I was wondering how the long irons compare(in size) to the G series? I have G 15's and from what I've read the I series gets progressively bigger. So I just wondered how similar the 4 irons are.

Progressively bigger on a much smaller scale.  The 4 irons are not that similar.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Thank you sir. So is the offset less as well? That's the one thing about the G's I don't like. I feel like the long irons have way to much offset.

Thank you sir. So is the offset less as well? That's the one thing about the G's I don't like. I feel like the long irons have way to much offset.

Yes the offset on a G20 4i is .29 and the i20 is .20 and with the shape of the G20 head it makes the offset look more severe as well on those.

Nate

Thanks again. If you give the 25's a try please let me know what you think in comparison to the 20's.

Thanks again. If you give the 25's a try please let me know what you think in comparison to the 20's.

I probably won't myself.  I am pretty sure they are going to be about the same performance wise.

Nate

I don't care for the stripe on the driver, but at least it probably IS useful for alignment, unlike the garish graphics on some other drivers.

The (pictures of) the irons look real nice to me.  Clean and pretty classic.  There is a family resemblance to the S55, which can't be bad.  I had to throw in the caveat because I just came from Edwin Watts getting my first look at the Callaway Apex irons that I had been pretty excited to get hold of.  Something about them turned me off so completely when I got 'em in my hand I didn't even bother trying one out.  Pitty, they look good in pictures too.  Maybe it was the rubber bumper in the back...  But at this point I wouldn't pull the trigger on another set of irons until I got some of these Pings in-hand though.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

Irons look pretty nice and what I like about Ping is the eminently sensible approach they take to progression through the set. Been happy with my Wishons for a couple of years now, but I might give these a shot.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Irons look pretty nice and what I like about Ping is the eminently sensible approach they take to progression through the set. Been happy with my Wishons for a couple of years now, but I might give these a shot.

I really like how they are built to launch the ball especially in the longer irons.  Unless you are @iacas you jack a ball with the i20 six iron over a 40' fence that is only like 30 yards away. ;-) I do see how some players may want a little lower launching set, but for most of us with average swing speeds they are just right and super forgiving.  Foggy chrome cast boner man!

• Upvote 1

Nate

Yes the offset on a G20 4i is .29 and the i20 is .20 and with the shape of the G20 head it makes the offset look more severe as well on those.

The G long irons are almost like a mini hybrid, big sole, lots of offset, thick topline.  i20/25 long irons are bigger from toe to heel than the i20/i25 mid/short irons and have more offset but much less compared to the G-series.

I kinda like the racing stripes. I think it will be easier to align. I can see how it doesn't fit into the idea of a better players driver.

Yeah look forward to seeing it in person, maybe the idea will have grown on me by then ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3727 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!