• Announcements

• iacas

Experience Augusta and The Masters this Year!   02/26/2018

Experience Augusta, LLC is selling daily tournament badges (Thu-Sun) and daily Berckmans Place badges (Mon-Sun) for the 2018 Masters golf trournament. We also have several available homes within walking distance of Augusta National. Check it out today, go to the Masters in April!
Sign in to follow this  

Cancun Golf

Note: This thread is 1535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

I played Mayakoba on my honeymoon (twice).  Its by far the nicest course I've ever played.  Absolutely fantastic.

If you're thinking of Moon Palace, you should look into this: http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-jet-set-vacations-8

Also, a word of warning.  When we landed someone offered us a coupon for a free round of golf at a Jack Nicklaus course at the Grand Mayan.  After showing up early in the morning, then learning we had to sit through go through this long time share hard sell, we found out it was only a par 3 course.  And after a few holes it started pouring.  Cost us nearly an entire day.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2018 TST Partners

PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    More to come…
    • I use the Par Aide regularly to wash the BOGIES off my golf ball! 
    • Really?  I probably give up a shot every few rounds. Why? Because I'm not playing for a living. Because it's a practice round while helping my kid. Hell, sometimes I just pick up my ball or step up and hit a putt without reading it or taking a practice stroke because it's more important to me to watch what she's doing and help her out. Because I'm playing through a group and I want to get off the tee box quickly. But even the casual rounds I play with another student or some friends, where I'm actually shooting a score and not worrying about @NatalieB or whomever else, it's just not worth spending an extra ten seconds on every shot to save a half a shot a round or whatever. It's not going to cost me $40,000. It's not going to cost me a spot on the PGA Tour for two years, or even next year. That shot every round or two or three doesn't change my life one iota. Spending ten seconds less on every shot does. Okay… But that's not the statement I objected to. The average amateur both shouldn't and doesn't care as much as the average PGA Tour pro cares about their shots. Even five more seconds per shot with four golfers shooting 85 is 25 more minutes per round (and I only added the 5 seconds to 75 shots, as they'll have about nine tap-ins per round). All for their lives to also change… not at all. Except that they'll be 25 minutes later to get back to their wife and children, or annoy the golfers behind them, or whatever…
    • Couple things on sunscreen: 1.  Don't use the spray on kind like Coppertone 'Sport' after you've dressed for golf and apply it at the course just before teeing off.  You'll ruin those nice Adidas and Nike golf shirts.  I had a couple that were completely ruined by whatever chemicals are present in the product. 2.  Our local news (Cleveland) did a clinical study of all the top brands available over the counter at any retailer.  Some claimed to be spf 50 or 70 or whatever.  The brand that clearly delivered on what its label indicated was Wal-Mart Equate brand spf 30 and 50 lotions.  Both were spot-on with protection claims and substantiated by testing labs.  The report also concluded that lotions were more effective than spray on products. I slather on the Wal-Mart Equate brand, spf #50 before playing.  I can burn right through spf 30 over an 18-hole round so the 50 actually does provide better protection.
    • That's what he won at Bay Hill with he had been going with the 54° and 60° set up, with a P750 3-iron and a P790 2-iron.
    • I don't think it drops as much as you think. I wouldn't worry much about it. It'll probably change a bit as you work on other things.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Antneye
      (50 years old)
    2. CapM
      (53 years old)
    3. Cardsfan
      (26 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...