cipher

Video Game Thread

362 posts / 42675 viewsLast Reply

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I picked up Doom. I never played the first one. So might as well jump in now :) 

I am planning on getting Uncharted 4 as soon as I get through Uncharted 1-3. I got the Uncharted PS4 bundle. 

I'm just waiting for Final Fantasy XV to come out later this year. 

The Uncharted bundle is good, I've played through them all several times.  Enjoy!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had 3 good buys in 2015: Witcher 3, Batman AK, and Endless Legend.  Endless Legend was game of the year for me, such a cool take on that style of game.

2016 doesn't look too impressive for AAA titles for me, Dues Ex: Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2 are the 2 I'm most looking forward to.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/07/01/77-little-things-in-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-e3-demo-that-will-blow-your-mind

The new Zelda looks fantastic. Curse you Nintendo for making buy a new system I'll use for one game :) 

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

Has anyone else been playing Overwatch?

Not much of a fan of FPS but it's been all over twitch for weeks.

Been playing MLB The Show on PS3, which is part strategy and 80% timing. I love building my own teams via fantasy draft, and the statistical variance mimics reality. The pros are that you can now save in game, cons are occasional in game lag. Otherwise very realistic

5 hours ago, Sidehatch said:

Been playing MLB The Show on PS3, which is part strategy and 80% timing. I love building my own teams via fantasy draft, and the statistical variance mimics reality. The pros are that you can now save in game, cons are occasional in game lag. Otherwise very realistic

What I like about the recent versions, at least on the PS4, is that you can bring a franchise mode over from one year to the next. So if you buy 15, spend a thousand hours on your franchise, and then buy 16 for the updated rosters and stuff, you an still play your old franchise. Really cool feature that I wish Madden and NBA 2K had.

I spent ungodly amounts of time on NBA 2K14 and Madden 13. Now those franchises and created players just sit dormant on my Xbox 360's hard drive. 

7 hours ago, jamo said:

What I like about the recent versions, at least on the PS4, is that you can bring a franchise mode over from one year to the next. So if you buy 15, spend a thousand hours on your franchise, and then buy 16 for the updated rosters and stuff, you an still play your old franchise. Really cool feature that I wish Madden and NBA 2K had.

I spent ungodly amounts of time on NBA 2K14 and Madden 13. Now those franchises and created players just sit dormant on my Xbox 360's hard drive. 

I would do franchise mode on MLB The Show if it let me do shorter seasons. I barely have time for a few 29-game seasons each summer, but those don't let you carry over your roster to the next year like NBA 2k's season mode does.

On 7/2/2016 at 11:24 PM, Strandly said:

Not much of a fan of FPS but it's been all over twitch for weeks.

Yeah, I never was a fan of FPS but I got the opportunity to try it in the closed beta since I play a number of Blizzard games and opted in for it. I found it to be quite a bit of fun just due to the variety, especially because there are a number of characters where you don't need the super precise aim that is demanded by other FPS games. One character has a rocket launcher, another has a grenade launcher, one builds turrets, etc. I like the variety without a strict demand to have the super twitchy perfect aim.

Not about a game in particular but game related anyway.  I just got this e-mail from newegg about a GTX 970 I bought last August.  I had no idea this was a problem and this is the first I've heard of the lawsuit.

Nvidia Lawsuit.PNG

It appears there is a $30 settlement in the works.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/nvidia-offers-30-to-gtx-970-customers-in-class-action-lawsuit-over-ram/

$30 seems kinda puny considering how expensive the thing was but I suppose it's better than nothing.  If anyone else happened to buy one of these cards you may want to look into filing a claim for the $30.

I recently saw this and I can't wait for November. I loved most of these games when I was a kid.  I told my wife she might need a girls weekend away November 11th-13th. :-D  https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

nes-classic-edition-box.png

In 1,5 weeks the game F1 2016 will be launched. Looking forward to it a lot...

Recently found a way to play original Sega Genesis games online, and I've been playing Road Rash non-stop.  Unfortunately NHL '95 seems to skip around a lot, so can't play that one...otherwise it was a great find!

Just now, saevel25 said:

I bought No Man's Sky and look forward to playing way to many hours of that game :-D

Nice. It was on my list, but I was scared off by the mediocre reviews. Interested to hear what you think.