IGNORED

2014 PGA Merchandise Show Pics and Videos

Foursum Golf
Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Truelinks has some awesome new styles all with zero drop from heel to toe at the show, some color and new materials, surprisingly cheap retail than I have seen in the past from them. Some of the nicer ones I saw were $100 retail.

I have owned a couple of pair. I can't even consider putting my foot in a glorified ski boot like fit like  the old dry joys and classics. A few years ago I found a pair of adidas that were much lower to ground than previous shoes I had owned, you get much better feel and purchase when you are close to the ground.  True linkswear does it for me now. Especially if you walk.

My issue with the True shoes is that they only look good with pants. Wear them with shorts and people will be wondering where your helmet and short bus are...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would love to see a comprehensive review of that device. It's about the only new thing I'm somewhat interested in.

I'm with you on this. I'd be hugely interested in picking this up when they come to the UK. given it's got two UK "names" behind it I would hope they will be here sooner rather than later? Regards Mailman

Mailman

My issue with the True shoes is that they only look good with pants. Wear them with shorts and people will be wondering where your helmet and short bus are...

I think the Sensei and Phx look good when wearing shorts. For the other styles, I do agree about the pants.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

New ones are better, as in the Tour Proto from last year.

It looks as if the new 2014 shoes are more "athletic" style and the wingtips and oxfords look like a more traditional shoe - doubt if the wings and ox's look good in shorts but the Lyte and Dry look more like running shoes -- so they may fit the bill.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

New ones are better, as in the Tour Proto from last year. It looks as if the new 2014 shoes are more "athletic" style and the wingtips and oxfords look like a more traditional shoe - doubt if the wings and ox's look good in shorts but the Lyte and Dry look more like running shoes -- so they may fit the bill.

Exactly, they no longer look like the older trues. The whole shoe and last are different, they still feel like a pair of bedroom slippers.

• Administrator
@mvmac - Did you see Gears Golf at the show? What did you think of it?

We did. More to come later… we'll probably have them in Erie for further testing.

The new TRUEs are pretty sweet… but they're more like the old ones than they appear to be. And while "barefoot" may have taken a hit, "minimalist" has not in anything I've seen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

We did. More to come later… we'll probably have them in Erie for further testing.

Looking forward to that. How about mySwing with the 2 sensors?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

You can attach the body sensor to pelvis or shoulder (back) and get a synchronized 3D view with the club. You can check primary and secondary tilts and shoulder-P4 timing without having multiple cameras. It's all in the app to see immediately.

Connects with bluetooth to app. Includes different straps that the body sensor attaches to plus the club sensor.

Here's a rare view of the show. This shows only a small fraction of the total space. This area is accessories and miscellaneous stuff...

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Anybody know what brands these are?

The last several - perhaps all - are Stitch Golf.

http://www.stitchgolf.com

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!