IGNORED

looking for new clubs.

Note: This thread is 3712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yet again on the hunt for new clubs. I play once a week shoot mid 90's.I have shortlisted the taylormade rbz hp 4- sw and callaway xhot 4-sw. I don't use a driver, woods or a hybrid. Which one would you recommend ? The tm is abt $150 cheaper (on sale)

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

Test out the two and go with the one you can hit best. If you can't hit or don't like the TMs, the $150 less is not a good deal.

Any reason why you don't have a driver, fairway wood or  hybrid?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do have a driver n fairway in my current set but the shaft is toooo flexible and I always slice the ball. I have tried other drivers and fairways and hit it reasonably well. With the current irons on a perfect tee shot the 5 iron goes a good 200+ and straight

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

So I checked out the clubs on the course. Regular flex steel shafts and it was SLICE HEAVEN. Hitting with my regular clubs the ball was straight. Any clue why ? Could it be that I need to try out a stiff shaft ?

Any views on nike covert vr_s

I recently tried the coverts. I thought the top line was a little thick and the overall head weight was a little heavy for me. I did however like the feel of them. I ended up not buying them and went with another set. The bottom line is you need to test the clubs and be properly fitted.

Assuming you cant get fitted and the stores just give you a 6 iron to test .... where would you test ? Range or the course?

Assuming you cant get fitted and the stores just give you a 6 iron to test .... where would you test ? Range or the course?

Both!

Jeff

Tried out the rbz, rocketblades, x hot and covert vr_s Rbz steel stiff shaft it is. Tried out a couple of drivers. Xhot, r9, r11, rbz and stage 2. I sucked at all of em but r9 was the best. Sold my current set and ordered the rbz. Now begins the wait. What are your suggestions on drivers ? Also the rbz comes with pw at 45 deg and sw at 55 deg. Is that too big a gap ?

You should be able to get the RBZ irons in any configuration if a dealer is ordering them for you.  I ordered my RBladez set with #4 and 5 hybrids and 6-PW-AW irons.  I really like the PW - AW that complement my 54 and 58* wedges. Have everything covered for the shots 110 and closer.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Unfortunately here in india the market isn't that developed n they come as regular sets all you can customize is lie ans shaft stiffness. Moreover I am not a hybrid fan :) but the 10 deg gap is worrying

Any thoughts on the r9 super tri with a stiff shaft

I think the RBZ's are a great deal now for under $300.   I especially like the HP version much better than the darker finish when they first came out.      I'd buy them without even thinking about it if I needed new irons... with the money you save pick up a 3 hybrid or 5 wood of your choice.      Can't go your entire golfing life without playing any woods (I guess you could), they're probably the most fun clubs to hit - don't give up on them, work your way back into using them gradually...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I think the RBZ's are a great deal now for under $300.   I especially like the HP version much better than the darker finish when they first came out.      I'd buy them without even thinking about it if I needed new irons... with the money you save pick up a 3 hybrid or 5 wood of your choice.      Can't go your entire golfing life without playing any woods (I guess you could), they're probably the most fun clubs to hit - don't give up on them, work your way back into using them gradually...

Am getting the hp version. Still deciding on woods and rescue. Any suggestions on what clubs to try ? Driver is decided r9 super tri. I know its old but oh well that is what felt the most comfortable. Clubs shud be here tuesday :)

I have always had issues hitting fairway woods but I recently picked up a cobra baffler t rail 5 wood. It is a good fairway wood. I hit the ball low and can really get this one up and can keep it on line

Unfortunately only options here are tm ping callaway ans some nike. Cobra only available online :(

Note: This thread is 3712 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!