IGNORED

Have you seen the Nike Covert 2.0 clubs? Wow!

GlobalGolf
Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With the recent launch of the Nike Covert 2.0 golf clubs, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were? Like them? Hate them? Blah? We had the chance to see them the other day and they are actually really good. I think know is a buyers market in the golf world, and it's worth it to "test drive" the clubs.  These are no exception, let the performance speak for itself. They stack up nicely!! Anyways, just wondering if anyone has had a chance to see them or read about them.

See you on the course.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to golfweek.com, the Nike's will be available at retail Jan. 31, 2014. (http://golfweek.com/news/2013/nov/21/nike-golf-vrs-covert-2-golf-clubs-equipment/)

I had a chance to rent Coverts last year at Ka'anapali. I thought they performed pretty well, but would not trade them for my current set of clubs.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I'll be curious to hit them. So far, I've been very underwhelmed by everything Nike has produced, but I think the Coverts were a step in the right direction.

Thanks for posting.

Tyler Martin

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I saw the Mark Crossfield review on YouTube...love the look of the added white to the cavity. He gives accurate reviews IMO, and said that it's not much different other than a few cosmetic tweaks. I think I will keep my Covert (1.0) for now, still loving it.

I currently use the Covert driver and 3-4 hybrids and love them. I'll be picking up a 3 wood and 5 wood when these 2.0s come out.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

I'll give them a hit, but I don't expect a huge performance difference to buy it. I'll probably stay with the current Covert I have now.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

I just don't see the attraction of them that others may have. The covert 1.0 is now hundred twenty five bucks, less than a year old, almost 1/3 the price!. I had my own opinion when it was first introduced and now I see my suspicion was correct. No thanks Nike, I don't care who you are paying to play them, I want no part of that.

I think I may have taken a swing or 2 with the Covert 1.0 early las year. Never really appealed to me I guess. Maybe next time I am out a golf store I will try both

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I hit the original Covert last summer and wasn't too impressed.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Im a Nike guy and I wont go near those. Like a poster above stated the first Covert can be had for just over $100. Besides my VRS is still treating me very well. I will take a look at the toe sweep wedges though.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Not even if you wrapped them in bacon and threw in a free stripper.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I'm gonna stick with Nike still, but I'm not looking to getting anything new.

If I do decide to change my bag set up, then I'll get a 4 hybrid, 5-wood and probably a new 56 degree wedge...old one is kinda wearing thing a bit.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

With the recent launch of the Nike Covert 2.0 golf clubs, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were? Like them? Hate them? Blah? We had the chance to see them the other day and they are actually really good. I think know is a buyers market in the golf world, and it's worth it to "test drive" the clubs.  These are no exception, let the performance speak for itself. They stack up nicely!! Anyways, just wondering if anyone has had a chance to see them or read about them.

I don't usually get riled up ... but I'm a Nike fanboi - I've got a Nike bag, nike driver, nike 3 wood and nike hybrid.    I can not stand their cavity backed woods - I've never seen such a total gimick - shocked they carried that concept over for a 2nd year.    Should have just stopped the bleeding and chocked it up to failed marketing concept.     To go that far outside the norm of what a golfer expects to see in his bag has to offput a huge amount of traditionally minded golfers.   Red was bad enough, the cavity backed woods are REDICULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Like a poster above stated the first Covert can be had for just over $100. Besides my VRS is still treating me very well. I will take a look at the toe sweep wedges though.

After buying new irons, and clearance hybrids and woods last year.  I think clearance will be my strategy from now on.  The changes made year to year are minor.  As long as I can get clubs fit, last year or two years ago models seem to be great deals from any vendor.  One of my best clubs is my 2 hybrid (2 year old model, now 3).  I bought it for $39 still in the wrapper.  Today's version of that when it comes out would run what?  $100 or more?  (heck, no one should pay suggested retail, but it's $229)

Bill - 

According to golfweek.com, the Nike's will be available at retail Jan. 31, 2014. (http://golfweek.com/news/2013/nov/21/nike-golf-vrs-covert-2-golf-clubs-equipment/)

I had a chance to rent Coverts last year at Ka'anapali. I thought they performed pretty well, but would not trade them for my current set of clubs.

We actually have them available now for pre-sale. But the release day for store is Jan. 31. I've attached an image of the updated Covert 2.0 tour. It looks like you have some pics of last years Covert. I've got more is anyone wants to see the line-up.

See you on the course.

Note: This thread is 3521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!