IGNORED

My Swing (David in FL)

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

NOT VERTICAL VIDEO SYNDROME!!!!

Good God......do you have any idea the technical challenge it is for me just to take and post this stuff to begin with?!

You're killin' me! :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stop complaining(no need to toss a salad over this), at least he is posting his swing now.  I for one am greatful. :-P

@David in FL are you sticking with the grip?  I am just wondering and it is hard to tell.  Lead wrist is more cupped at the top and you are coming down with the face more open than the after video when you were working with Dave/Erik.  Across a bit more as well...I think.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Stop complaining, at least he is posting his swing now.  I for one am greatful.

@David in FL are you sticking with the grip?  I am just wondering and it is hard to tell.  Lead wrist is more cupped at the top and you are coming down with the face more open than the after video when you were working with Dave/Erik.  Across a bit more as well...I think.

The only change in the grip was a little more out in the fingers of the left hand a bit stronger with that hand as well.  Yeah, I'm still sticking with it.

Open is good (I think) because my miss has always been that ugly over the top pull draw.  Trying to reroute the club more inside with the face open to the target.  Any push is a good push for me right now.

Not sure about the lead wrist though.....

In David's bag....

Path looks much better to me at least as far as I can tell based on A6, your camera isn't square to your stance though so it's a little skewed.

Also this:

omg i havent laughed that hard in a long time...

Colin P.

Clubhead is waaaay too far inside the hands ;-)

Just kidding, it's just the camera angle. Like Erik said, watch where you shoot it, better to have it down the stance line.

It's better, @David in FL, but you can do more. Make yourself do more.

As you know there's more to it than just the way your knee works - your hips and your spine will "bend" a bit as well.

Yep, keep cranking that left shoulder, left hip down longer on the backswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The only change in the grip was a little more out in the fingers of the left hand a bit stronger with that hand as well.  Yeah, I'm still sticking with it.

Open is good (I think) because my miss has always been that ugly over the top pull draw.  Trying to reroute the club more inside with the face open to the target.  Any push is a good push for me right now.

Not sure about the lead wrist though.....

Here is the position difference at the top.  With Dave/Erik on the left, recent on the right.  Might be some camera angle affect in there.

Here is around A6:

A bit before A7, looking pretty nice to me here:

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Yep, keep cranking that left shoulder, left hip down longer on the backswing.

Just add this drill. Even if you don't actually put a stick in your belt, imagine the hips, shoulders "pointing" more vertical, towards the ground.

Mike McLoughlin

Just add this drill. Even if you don't actually put a stick in your belt, imagine the hips, shoulders "pointing" more vertical, towards the ground.

Got it.  Thanks!

In David's bag....

• Administrator

And the stick across the shoulders drill. You can do that at home, in your bathroom mirror, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And the stick across the shoulders drill. You can do that at home, in your bathroom mirror, too.

I'm getting a chuckle over here of picturing David trying this excitedly ...

and then sweeping all of the toothbrushes, perfumes, hair sprays, etc, all off the counter and onto the floor. :beer:

I'm getting a chuckle over here of picturing David trying this excitedly ... and then sweeping all of the toothbrushes, perfumes, hair sprays, etc, all off the counter and onto the floor.:beer:

Funny, that's the first thing I thought of, too :-D

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm getting a chuckle over here of picturing David trying this excitedly ...

and then sweeping all of the toothbrushes, perfumes, hair sprays, etc, all off the counter and onto the floor.

Funny, that's the first thing I thought of, too

Many years ago, and pretty recently married.  Wifey comes home one day and found that I had been swinging a wedge in the living room.  Not all bad in itself, but I somehow caught the marble top of a 150 year-old antique wash stand.  The real deal......family heirloom, original marble probably hand-cut by her great great great grandfather 3 days before he left to fight the Indians, never to return, or some such nonsense.

For those that don't know, marble isn't all that tough. :no:

We're still married, but I don't swing golf clubs in the house any more......

.......as far as she knows. :whistle:

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Brutal. Take it as confirmation that you're good in bed!

:banana:

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• Administrator
I never post on this, but I have to.

I've been playing like an absolute goober for 30 days now.  I've shot 83 six of my last eight rounds.

2 of my buddies have birthdays tomorrow, so we're all sneaking out and I'm taking them to play.  I will break 80 or you may see me on the 11 o'clock national news.....   Let's call it 78.

Just had a question, and be honest here: how much of that is due to some growing pains in the way you're swinging, and thus things like your aim being off, and sometimes you pull it (more "old swing"), and sometimes you hit it straight (more "new swing"), and such?

I hope, certainly, that you're using the range to WORK and the course to PLAY - just go with one swing thought (or none) and make a SCORE.

Or has it been a bit about other things - your short game suffering while you work on your swing a bit more, or something?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just had a question, and be honest here: how much of that is due to some growing pains in the way you're swinging, and thus things like your aim being off, and sometimes you pull it (more "old swing"), and sometimes you hit it straight (more "new swing"), and such?

I hope, certainly, that you're using the range to WORK and the course to PLAY - just go with one swing thought (or none) and make a SCORE.

Or has it been a bit about other things - your short game suffering while you work on your swing a bit more, or something?

That's a good question.

I guess I struggle a little with the whole "work on the range" and "play on the course".  I understand what you mean, but I play so much more than I practice, that I'm afraid I'll just revert back to my old habits.  I may just be over-thinking.  I've always described myself as a "grab stick, hit ball" kind of guy and I may be letting my head get in the way a little too much now.  I should probably practice more, but honestly, I've been to the range 4 times in the last month.  That may not sound like much, but it's probably more than I've been to the range to practice in the last year prior to this.  Each time I've brought nothing but an 8-iron and a 6-iron, leaving everything else in the bag.  That's something I'd never done before.....

Short game is ok, but my putting has been off a little.  Certainly nothing to do with the swing changes, just struggling to get the ball into the hole a little more than usual.

In David's bag....

That's a good question.

I guess I struggle a little with the whole "work on the range" and "play on the course".  I understand what you mean, but I play so much more than I practice, that I'm afraid I'll just revert back to my old habits.  I may just be over-thinking.

As long as you do some mirror work at home, like Erik said, 5-10 minutes a day, it's amazing how that can help. Might be the best practice, for making changes, that you can do.

You don't have to be beating balls for hours a day to make the changes and play better

That may not sound like much, but it's probably more than I've been to the range to practice in the last year prior to this.  Each time I've brought nothing but an 8-iron and a 6-iron, leaving everything else in the bag.  That's something I'd never done before.....

And when you do go to the range, try to film a few swings and check for yourself. You have a good idea (if you don't post the vid here) of where you need to be. So you can validate that you're making the picture change. It may feel like the left shoulder, left hip went down enough, but what does the camera say?

Not saying you have to spend your entire range session filming every swing, if you've got an hour, spend a half hour on slow swings making the picture change. Film a couple swing. Exaggerate the feel, even if you duff it. Then for the second half hour, practice full motion swings and hitting shots towards targets and not "thinking" about your swing.

Mike McLoughlin

As long as you do some mirror work at home, like Erik said, 5-10 minutes a day, it's amazing how that can help. Might be the best practice, for making changes, that you can do.

You don't have to be beating balls for hours a day to make the changes and play better

And when you do go to the range, try to film a few swings and check for yourself. You have a good idea (if you don't post the vid here) of where you need to be. So you can validate that you're making the picture change. It may feel like the left shoulder, left hip went down enough, but what does the camera say?

Not saying you have to spend your entire range session filming every swing, if you've got an hour, spend a half hour on slow swings making the picture change. Film a couple swing. Exaggerate the feel, even if you duff it. Then for the second half hour, practice full motion swings and hitting shots towards targets and not "thinking" about your swing.

This will be my issue this year, proper practice. I'm visiting Erik in a few weeks for some hands on but I'll need to figure out how/where to practice. I'm getting a membership this season but range balls aren't included and the wife won't be too happy if I spend $1200 on a membership AND continue to spend money at the range! My basement practice area is great but I lack height and I think practicing with a sawn off followthrough is hurting my development a bit. I'll try and figure out a set-up for mirror work and hopefully get some good mileage out of that.

Oops, just realized I highjacked your thread to talk about me! Ha Ha, sorry, here, before I go...plop :poo::w00t:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!