IGNORED

My Swing (canuck17)

canuck17
Note: This thread is 3746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Just over one year

My current handicap index or average score is: 95

My typical ball flight is: High, slight fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice with longer clubs. (inconsistency)

Hello everyone!

I recently started playing golf and was taught by a family friend. I find that the biggest problem with my game is inconsistency with the longer clubs ( 4-iron and up). With these clubs I will sometimes get a nasty slice.

Right now I only have a back-view video of my swing but I will work on getting a face-on view as soon as I can

Thank you for your time!

Videos:

P.S. Be sure to watch the video in 1080p.

1) Left shoulder needs to go down more, not around you.

2) Posture is a bit off. Looks like you are sitting to far back on your heel, and putting too much flexi in the knees.

See how he is more over his feet. His back is tilted forward more. This will help you get your left shoulder down more, and less shallow. This will also help get your swing path more vertical.

The backswing looks good otherwise though. The trajectory looks great on the driver, so I don't think you are hitting down on the ball. I might watch out about over rotating in the backswing, I think you got a bit to far there.

I would also flare your feet out a bit, your right foot looks banked inward actually. This will help keep you from over rotating as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

See how he is more over his feet. His back is tilted forward more. This will help you get your left shoulder down more, and less shallow. This will also help get your swing path more vertical.

Yes… Less knee flex. Feel like weight is far closer to your toes than currently.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks for the help guys. What you've both pointed out are habits I have from hockey, I'm a goalie. Over-rotating on my backswing is a problem I've had since I started. Along with flaring my right foot, do you guys have any other tips for fixing that?

Thanks for the help guys. What you've both pointed out are habits I have from hockey, I'm a goalie.

It's not the worst hockey habit for golf you could have... I'm thinking slap shot ;-)

Over-rotating on my backswing is a problem I've had since I started. Along with flaring my right foot, do you guys have any other tips for fixing that?

What works for me is to feel like I'm making my backswing with my legs; it keeps my right elbow in front of me. When I feel my arms or shoulders too much, I over-rotate and pull my elbow behind me.

You can also check out this video:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3746 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!