IGNORED

My Swing (Mackingchicken)

mackingchicken
Note: This thread is 3664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's best to work on 1 thing at a time, i.e. key #2, don't worry about the swing plane for now. Once you master that, then move on to the next key.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would suggest taking a look at Key #2 videos HERE, especially the "squishing the ball" video.

Having the weight forward at impact makes it much easier to swing less inward or even outward.

With this squishing the ball drill, what would I use to get that same feeling at the range?

With this squishing the ball drill, what would I use to get that same feeling at the range?

For me, I roll my ankles, so that my left foot is almost on the side when I'm at my finish, also tuning your feet out about 20 to 25 degrees helps, along with bowing your knees slightly outward. The important thing for me is to Swing within myself, i.e. slow the tempo way down, no full swings at first, I usually go about 50% of my swing speed. The old saying is, if you can't do it right at 1/2 speed, no way can you do it at full speed.. :-D

For me, I roll my ankles, so that my left foot is almost on the side when I'm at my finish, also tuning your feet out about 20 to 25 degrees helps, along with bowing your knees slightly outward. The important thing for me is to Swing within myself, i.e. slow the tempo way down, no full swings at first, I usually go about 50% of my swing speed. The old saying is, if you can't do it right at 1/2 speed, no way can you do it at full speed..

yeah i will defiantly be doing slower swings for a while and I think I will shorten my backswing to gain a bit more control over everything.

Also at what point of the swing do I want to start turning my weight into my left foot and through the ball??

Could use whatever you want to help get the same feel.  Part of it is just using your imagination, point is the add pressure into the ground.  You could just use a tee and put it under your left foot if you really felt the need to squish something.  Or get a nerf ball, would not recommend using a golf ball.

Also at what point of the swing do I want to start turning my weight into my left foot and through the ball??

Like Hammer said, the transferring piece is the start of the the downswing and you're basically going to feel like it keeps happening all the way to impact.  Just have to rehearse it slowly and try to repeat the feel on full swings.  Not a lot of time to think, "ok I'm done with my backswing, now I will start my downswing."

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Have been doing some practice swings trying to really get my weight shifting and squishing the ball but I began to feel unbalanced after my swing. Any ideas?

Watch out that your upper body doesn't go forward to much. The head stays pretty still through impact, so the upper body wont be going forward much. Though the head can move forward some in the downswing. Try to get the belt buckle pointed towards the sky at the finish. The weight should be on your left heel at the finish, not the outside of your left foot falling forward.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Have been doing some practice swings trying to really get my weight shifting and squishing the ball but I began to feel unbalanced after my swing. Any ideas?

What does unbalanced mean?  Like you are falling forward?  Like Matt said the head stays centered, lower body goes forward.  You "press" into the ground and then "push" up so the belt buckle can face the sky.  Allows you to extend the arms, "stretch" the torso to keep the head steady.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Watch out that your upper body doesn't go forward to much. The head stays pretty still through impact, so the upper body wont be going forward much. Though the head can move forward some in the downswing. Try to get the belt buckle pointed towards the sky at the finish. The weight should be on your left heel at the finish, not the outside of your left foot falling forward.

The weight should be in left heel? In the vids http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php#video_playback looking at the examination of pressure there weight finishes on the left heel and along the outside of the left foot?

Yeah will have to do that. Like im not falling foward just dont feel that balanced overall after the swing, I think my upper body might just be moving around a bit too much.

Find a Mirror, and work in front of it. For me,it took awhile to keep my body from moving forward, and to keep my spine angle, but over time, unless you have injuries, ect...the form will come.

I suggest looking at some vid's on youtube of top tour players, there are many where they are in slow motion, and you can see exactly where you should be.

Here is a slow version of my swing so hopefully people can see whats going on a bit more?

I dont really know the angles well enough to know where im going wrong so if someone could point some things out. I can see that my weight isnt fully going through at impact even though it felt as if it was but you can see my back foot like go up and down then fully up!

I don't know about others, but you need more Light, your to far away from the camera, and it's too dark to make out any details.

I don't know about others, but you need more Light, your to far away from the camera, and it's too dark to make out any details.

Yeah I know but I was at the range by my self and it was early light so its not great detail at all, but I mean just swing path and body movements you can still see. Im going to the range again hopefully sometime this week so I will try to get a better shot and a front angle as well

Note: This thread is 3664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!