IGNORED

My Swing (Mackingchicken)

mackingchicken
Note: This thread is 3685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for the replies, im at a stage of trying to work out the next main thing to work on? More body rotation, weight forward or something else?

At the risk of sounding harsh, no you're not. You are at the stage where you want to fix everything at once, jumping from piece to piece everyday. THAT WON'T WORK. Seriously, it'll only slow you down. Keep working on the video Saeval put up there ^^^^. Changes do not happen over night, they can take weeks, months or even years depending on what you're working on and how long it takes you to "get it". Trust me. I've been working on the same shit for over a year and I'm not even close to moving on to "the next main thing to work on." My advice, post a lot of video of what you're working on and include notes about what it feels like when you do it right and what thoughts/feels are helping you change the picture. This keeps you honest with yourself because you can't tell yourself "I'm ready for the next big piece" right after posting a video of yourself "not getting" the last piece right. It's far too easy to hit a pile of balls with no video review or trained eyes and tell yourself, "ok, that feels great. I'm ready to move on" I would take a look at mvmac's "a centered pivot" thread because I think that is what you need to be working on. Off topic but, how exactly does one "Mack" a chicken?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At the risk of sounding harsh, no you're not. You are at the stage where you want to fix everything at once, jumping from piece to piece everyday.

THAT WON'T WORK.

Seriously, it'll only slow you down. Keep working on the video Saeval put up there ^^^^. Changes do not happen over night, they can take weeks, months or even years depending on what you're working on and how long it takes you to "get it". Trust me. I've been working on the same shit for over a year and I'm not even close to moving on to "the next main thing to work on."

My advice, post a lot of video of what you're working on and include notes about what it feels like when you do it right and what thoughts/feels are helping you change the picture. This keeps you honest with yourself because you can't tell yourself "I'm ready for the next big piece" right after posting a video of yourself "not getting" the last piece right.

It's far too easy to hit a pile of balls with no video review or trained eyes and tell yourself, "ok, that feels great. I'm ready to move on"

I would take a look at mvmac's "a centered pivot" thread because I think that is what you need to be working on.

Off topic but, how exactly does one "Mack" a chicken?

I know what your saying but I am trying to work on only one thing. But that one thing is the thing that I dont know what to work on. More hip rotation and centred pivot is what I think I will try seeing majority of people have mentioned that. So I will work on that.

And dont worry about being harsh haha

Also nobody macks a chicken....

Any tips on how to work on that??

You could always try the feel like you are giving a thumbs up on your take away?  Give it a try and then capture both images like above and see if there is a difference?

I kinda like that. I would suggest almost feeling like you rotate your left forearm in a counter clockwise manner. What I suggest below ties into that.

Thought I would just record a front view because I have not done one in a while.

Hows it looking?

Here's what I would have you do. Left shoulder is going to feel like it goes straight down, will help increase your shoulder turn because it will help you bend and stretch more. Note how level your turn is compared to the player in the right pic. So more shoulders feeling like they work similar to a teeter totter and less rotation. Will also help you lessen the early forearm rotation.

Good video for you to watch

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
today at the range working on shoulder turn and the central pivot. filmed it (bad quality) and noticed my head swinging back a tiny bit at the back of my backswing. would that just be me doing the pivot and turn wrong?

Was it moving back or was it just rotating? How much in inches?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Also how the shoulder turn and hip turn looking?

I don't know. Face-on and not a silhouette are kind of required.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't know. Face-on and not a silhouette are kind of required.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

not sure we could be using very different moniters but I can still see what is happening in the swing? I know its bad quality it was just me at the range and didnt expect to put the vid up but just wanted comments on my head movement as to me it seems it is moving around too much.

• Administrator

You don't need to make posts 45 seconds apart. Just edit your existing post.

My point was evaluating torso turn is easiest from face-on. I know how to use my computer… ;-)

You don't need to make posts 45 seconds apart. Just edit your existing post.

My point was evaluating torso turn is easiest from face-on. I know how to use my computer…

Sorry about the posts I will just edit next time.

And about the monitor comments I was trying to be a smart ass or anything?

From the vid can you make any comments on the head movement? To me it seems its moving to much, but im not sure.

• Administrator

From the vid can you make any comments on the head movement? To me it seems its moving to much, but im not sure.

You tell me? :)

Also, I asked for FO, because you can't see how much the torso has turned (your shoulders), but it doesn't look like 90°. It looks a fair amount short of 90°.

I have no idea? haha :O

The answer is: no.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

So if the head doesn't move off the the red lines, that would mean..... ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

It's relatively steady, but since we don't have an FO view, we don't know if it's done properly (i.e. with a good torso turn).

P.S. Lots of great other threads here in which to participate, too, @mackingchicken . :)

Note: This thread is 3685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!