IGNORED

My Swing (Mackingchicken)

mackingchicken
Note: This thread is 3664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 3months

My current handicap index or average score is: Not sure, alot...

My typical ball flight is: Slice- fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice and everynow and then fat shots

Videos:

Swinging to the left-Out to in-is the cause of your slice.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks to me like you are cutting across the ball at impact. Then again with the low light, and me not being an expert..

Yeah after a few more views I could easily be coming across the ball causing the slice. Still really early stages of learning so im still not 100% sure what im looking for, have been reading a lot on the golf swing and watching youtube tutes though. Are there any good drills to practice at home to fix this? and does rest of swing look alright?

Also it seems to me that im over swinging the club? seem to be trying to kill the ball instead of fluent? could this also cause my bad swing path?

Hello everyone, I am new here and have been playing for about 3 months (But only played about 5 proper rounds). Since the first time I played my competitive nature struck and I was hooked and new life mission is to improve at golf. I live in Melbourne and I am 19.

My problem is the slice, an extremely common problem but something I am striving to improve. I have put up a "My swing" vid http://thesandtrap.com/t/71991/my-swing-mackingchicken#post_939635 that has made people comment on my Out to in swing and coming across the ball. I am hoping to find some drills I can do at home to help this and hopefully cure my slice. If anyone sees anything else to work on with my swing please mention it as I am very keen to improve.

Also after watching my own swing it seems to me that I pause at the top of my swing? Is this an overswing? and could it be the reason for me to come across the ball?

Thankyou and looking forward to conversation and help!

Hello everyone, I am new here and have been playing for about 3 months (But only played about 5 proper rounds). Since the first time I played my competitive nature struck and I was hooked and new life mission is to improve at golf. I live in Melbourne and I am 19.

My problem is the slice, an extremely common problem but something I am striving to improve. I have put up a "My swing" vid http://thesandtrap.com/t/71991/my-swing-mackingchicken#post_939635 that has made people comment on my Out to in swing and coming across the ball. I am hoping to find some drills I can do at home to help this and hopefully cure my slice. If anyone sees anything else to work on with my swing please mention it as I am very keen to improve.

Also after watching my own swing it seems to me that I pause at the top of my swing? Is this an overswing? and could it be the reason for me to come across the ball?

Thankyou and looking forward to conversation and help!

I would suggest taking a look at Key #2 videos HERE , especially the "squishing the ball" video.

Having the weight forward at impact makes it much easier to swing less inward or even outward.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Anyone know why my other thread was deleted and the post was put here?

You're asking a question about your swing and you already have a swing thread.  Keeps things organized.

Mike McLoughlin

You're asking a question about your swing and you already have a swing thread.  Keeps things organized.

Ahh ok thankyou.

I would love to hear more thoughts on my overswing theory causing alot of the problems?

And would also be very interested in other swing flaws because I know I have a lot.

Is there any good movements in my swing at the moment?

• Administrator

Just some real quick general advice. Take it however you'd like, but I will point out that it's also included in this link on the main "Member Swings" sub-forum page: "My Swing" Video Threads Rules - Please Read .

In fact, I'm just going to quote it:

P.S. As a general note, people are more willing to give advice to people they know, so please, try to participate in other sections of the site. Get to know people and let them get to know you a little bit. You'll get more feedback and advice in your "My Swing" thread and make some online buddies in the process.

When you just come here and immediately and only want help, that's "taking" and people are more likely to "give" if you have given something back… not swing tips of your own, but just discussion, not "help me help me help me help me."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ahh ok thankyou.

I would love to hear more thoughts on my overswing theory causing alot of the problems?

And would also be very interested in other swing flaws because I know I have a lot.

Is there any good movements in my swing at the moment?

Stick with identifying your priority piece, Key #2, and work towards improving that.

Your "over swing" might improve if the camera was higher, being that low it distorts things.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Mike McLoughlin

Just some real quick general advice. Take it however you'd like, but I will point out that it's also included in this link on the main "Member Swings" sub-forum page: "My Swing" Video Threads Rules - Please Read .

In fact, I'm just going to quote it:

When you just come here and immediately and only want help, that's "taking" and people are more likely to "give" if you have given something back… not swing tips of your own, but just discussion, not "help me help me help me help me."

Trust me as soon as I find a thread that I have something to contribute to I will be taking place in conversation. I came to this thread because it seemed nice and I want to learn this game.

Sorry if I came across needy for advice, but to be honest, I am haha. Im so caught up in becoming better and getting my shots straighter at the moment that when I joined the forum thats all that I was looking for but after some searching and reading there is actually some pretty interesting stuff so I will love to slowly becoming a known member and hopefully improving during that journey!

Stick with identifying your priority piece, Key #2, and work towards improving that.

Your "over swing" might improve if the camera was higher, being that low it distorts things.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/filming_your_swing

Yeah I will be focusing on these a lot, is there any way to practice these movements and drills at home, without a club? Because I can get to the range at the moment due to a heat wave in Melbourne

Note: This thread is 3664 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!