IGNORED

Do you place the ball on the tee a specific way each time you tee it up?

dave s
Note: This thread is 2128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

44 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tee up the ball a certain way every time?

• Yes
    • No

I remember once, a LONG time ago, Lee Trevino saying that he always hit the ball on the name.  He did it because at that time the shell of the ball had a seam, and he didn't want to hit it on the seam.  Every since then, I've teed the ball up to hit it on the name.  This also lets me see only white, with no other "stuff" to confuse me.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I mostly just tee it high and let it......slice... Not as much anymore but I do tee it high and often point the arrow towards the fairway in no certain accuracy.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

On 1/15/2014 at 3:29 PM, billchao said:

I don't. I also mark my ball with my initials in an obnoxiously large manner, so getting ink on my clubface doesn't bother me. Sharpie isn't really permanent, anyway.

Four years later and the answer is still no, though I've stopped marking my balls since it's rare that I run into another person playing Snell.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

Four years later and the answer is still no, though I've stopped marking my balls since it's rare that I run into another person playing Snell.

Unless you are playing with other Sandtrappers.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I've adopted use of those 4-prong/tip plastic tee's and ink marking a height.  I really don't know if it helps much, but in keeping with the theory that establishing a set-up routine is beneficial, it's what I'm doing.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

4 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Unless you are playing with other Sandtrappers.

Yea that happens once in a while. I'd have to mark then.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 5/25/2018 at 9:27 AM, DaveP043 said:

I remember once, a LONG time ago, Lee Trevino saying that he always hit the ball on the name.  He did it because at that time the shell of the ball had a seam, and he didn't want to hit it on the seam.  Every since then, I've teed the ball up to hit it on the name.  This also lets me see only white, with no other "stuff" to confuse me.

BAZINGA! This is exactly what my Uncle, who was a country club pro pre WWII, told me! There was a seam in the cover of the ball and you did not want to hit the ball there. So, tee it up so you'd hit the ball right on the logo!

I've held on to that to this day. Whether it makes a difference now I have no idea, but I do like looking at nothing but white!

I usually use the notched tees that always go in to the same height, and vary the size depending on which club I am teeing off with. 2 1/2 inch tees for driver and 3 wood, then progressively shorter for hybrids or irons.

I also line up the directional markers on the ball with my target line, as a visual aid.

YES. First i search for an aiming point and place my tee 1 feet behind it.
Second I place the bridgestone ball logo pararel to the club face. Reading it straight from behind de ball. 

Note: This thread is 2128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!