IGNORED

Best camera for videoing a round of golf

mailman
Note: This thread is 3721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Over the last year I've used my iPhone and video camera to capture footage of my golf swing out on the course BUT I'd like to look at something that has descent slow motion video capture and better resolution.

video from my iphone

Video from my video camera

The draw backs of either of these is it takes for ever to get the iphone propped up to take a video and neither of them has slow motion capture capability...plus I dont want either out when its a bit wet!

The one on top of my list is the hero go pro 3 but there are lots of complaints about that camera just stopping working for no good reason??? So the question is, what are you guys using out there to record video of your swing that has descent slow motion video capture capability?

Id be keen to mount something on my trolley so I could capture a round and then go through and analyse that round to help improve my game.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Tough to beat 120 FPS in 720p on an iPhone 5S.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I had thought the iOS7 upgrade was going to deliver slow mo capture and all the camera improvements to the iPhone 5 but was sadly, wrong! :(

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Tough to beat 120 FPS in 720p on an iPhone 5S.

Iphone just had to get a good FPS, and good resolution. Its going to be harder not to upgrade when I decide to get a new phone. :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Its the slow mo capability that Im really after. How is that in the 5s? I noticed on a friends Samsung Galaxy phone that it had a specific golf swing capture video mode so has anyone tried this?

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Look @ the end of @iacas 's my swing thread. Or just YouTube iPhone 5S, plenty of examples. tl;dr great in low light, great overall.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yeah, I dont really want to use a phone (as my current contract isnt up for a whole yet) but a proper dedicated camera so I can use it when its a bit wet and so on.

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Note: This thread is 3721 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!