IGNORED

Flightscope Xi

Note: This thread is 3423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/blogs/newstuff/2014/01/flightscope-xi-offers-a-portab.html

Its only $2500 now. Sub $1500 and they might get me to buy one.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure. I would think that clubhead speed and ball speed are all pretty accurate. Vertical and Horizontal launch should be very accurate. Not sure how much spin is. As for the distance, carry, roll, height of the shot, those are all equation driven. So there is some error there, but it can be pretty accurate.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

According to the specs page , it doesn't measure much.

I want path, face, aoa, spin, etc...

What is Lateral Deviation ?

Also, not sure how accurate this is, but the Xi model measures more than it displays - what's preventing someone from hacking more info out of the unit?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

That's what I would want too. I went to a golf bar that had about 25 simulators and they gave feed back on path, face, aoa, spin, etc..and it was awesome. I have terrible clubface control!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That's what I would want too. I went to a golf bar that had about 25 simulators and they gave feed back on path, face, aoa, spin, etc..and it was awesome. I have terrible clubface control!

I agree. Not sure how they can justify a nearly a 8500 dollar price drop just by turning off some functions. Unless the Radar isn't the same as the X2 and can't measure the other data. I am sure

According to the specs page, it doesn't measure much.

What is Lateral Deviation?

Also, not sure how accurate this is, but the Xi model measures more than it displays - what's preventing someone from hacking more info out of the unit?

A voided warranty.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I found a photo of the Xi+. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but:

Xi - Ball data, no spin, no club (besides CHS) - $2500
Xi+ - Ball data, Club Data, some d-plane - $5000
X2 - Everything - $10000

If the info on the Xi+ is accurate, I was thinking, what if you get 3-4 guys and split the price and share?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yea looks like they turned off some functions, though I think the X2 is a larger design.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yea looks like they turned off some functions, though I think the X2 is a larger design.

Yes they did turn off some of the functionality. The X1 is basically for the consumer, the X2 for PGA professionals and fitting. The x3 is the full monty.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Hello

Have you cheked this review ?

http://www.rotaryswing.com/golf-lessons-blog/trackman-iiie-vs-flightscope-x2-2013-review/

1. That review is from 2012.
  2. In our testing the FlightScope was way, way more accurate than the Trackman. The difference between our testing and Chuck Quinton's? Ours was done with a Phantom camera so we could accurate measure things (AoA was the primary focus). The FS returned better data every time.
  3. The TrackMan doesn't work as well outdoors, off grass.
  4. Henri Johnson will show up with a Phantom camera and do side by side testing of any serious buyer. He's willing to do this because he has faith the FS will show better data.

We owned a TrackMan, free and clear. We sold it to get an X2 and have been very happy with it since.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 8 months later...

Back on the FS topic (XMas ringing a bell)

Dear Iacas,

From your point of vue (or knowledge), what are the hardware differences between Xi & Xi+ ( are + 2500$  only software functionalities added to the Xi+?)

In the Xi, what are the data really tracked from the radar, and what are the data mathematically "guessed" from algorithms (which could not be accurate at all) ?

Reagrds

Alexandre.

• Administrator

From your point of vue (or knowledge), what are the hardware differences between Xi & Xi+ ( are + 2500$  only software functionalities added to the Xi+?)

In the Xi, what are the data really tracked from the radar, and what are the data mathematically "guessed" from algorithms (which could not be accurate at all) ?

Pretty sure they're almost the same, but the software can differentiate between the two and shows you the data it says it can on each.

The data that's calculated and not directly measured:

• Face Angle (and anything related, like face to path, etc.)
  • Dynamic Loft

That's about it. Everything else is pretty directly measured. Obviously ball flight is extrapolated if the ball hits a bird (or the net), etc.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

What is Lateral Deviation?

I would assume that is the measurement of how far offline the ball is (in degrees at launch) horizontally.

• Administrator

I would assume that is the measurement of how far offline the ball is (in degrees at launch) horizontally.

How far the ball finished from the target line in yards.

@iacas I am tossing around picking one of these up after selling my bike, do you think that it would read accurately using an almost golf, golf ball? Is the golf ball used at all as part of the measurement? Or is it all club? I can't remember if the machine would do readings without a ball hit.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
@iacas I am tossing around picking one of these up after selling my bike, do you think that it would read accurately using an almost golf, golf ball? Is the golf ball used at all as part of the measurement? Or is it all club? I can't remember if the machine would do readings without a ball hit.

It's actually mostly the golf ball. I don't think an Almost Golf ball would work. It might not even work if you put a silver sticker dot on it. It's not nearly as dense or solid as a golf ball, of course.

The club data except face and delivered loft are measured from the club, the ball data is all measured from the ball. It might not even think you hit anything and thus it might not even give you club data.

We have some AG balls. I'll try them out in the next week or so. I don't expect it to work.

Note: This thread is 3423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!