IGNORED

Herman Williams Golf

DIABLO
Note: This thread is 2181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

can i ask what do you both play off?

Right beside their posts they have their handicaps listed as 8 and 10.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Hi Herman, I just reviewed your three-part grip, flat wrist and release the club videos. I am looking forward to practicing on the range. I'm a strong grip player and I'm currently struggling with too much club face rotation and hitting a lot of heel shots. Is my grip to blame? Will a neutral grip help to eliminate this problem? Thanks. JV

@DIABLO, I'm left handed. I have focused on keeping my right arm straight but not stiff. I don't have the flexibility that many players like Erik have. I've seen photos of Ernie Els where his left arm is completely straight and completely vertical (perpendicular) to the ground. This is physically impossible for me. I've had some shoulder injuries from MMA and college football.

After GMS program in Colorado I was doing the best ball striking I've ever done. My biggest flaw was a very strong grip and coming WAY inside. So bad that I sometimes almost hit my back foot coming down and through. Inside, closed face....shank. When my timing and crazy manipulations were working, I could play some good golf. But when it was off, I'd shoot mid to high 80's.

I really have to ingrain the proper backswing and downswing which I've been working on diligently. I didn't get the feedback I was hoping for after posting my swing but no complaints. Erik and Mike are awesome and I've combed thru enough threads to learn so much from them. [URL=http://lowestscorewins.com/]Erik and Dave's book LSW[/URL] was an awesome read and has really helped me with my plan on the course.

Sorry for the tangential babbling. I feel Herman Williams has excellent info on his videos. Nothing beats in person lessons for me but it's the next best thing. I love this crazy game so much. Hell, if I hadn't buried myself in student loans...I'd find a way to make a career in golf!

From what I've read and the videos I've watched including: Herman, Hank Haney, Mark Crossfield, Shawn Clement and Erik....I'd probably most prefer Erik with Herman Williams a strong second. That's just me.

I'd say the two main thoughts that seem to keep my ball striking solid are steady head and weight forward. Keeping these thoughts with a straight but not stiff right arm really keep me in a good swing.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 3 years later...

I had personal lessons from Herman.  He is excellent in teaching the fundamentals and is very personal.  Takes an interest in the person.  He taught me to hit a ball straight and to be consistent.  His instruction allows me to fix the swing, stance and grip to make corrections when I get way ward once in a while.  I asked him one time how many balls must I hit to be consistent in hitting ball straight.  He told me 10,000!!!   He is correct about that.  Where does the 10,000 come from.  It came from a book called "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell.  I would recommend him to anyone needing help to play a better game.  He helped me with hitting out of a sand trap which I use to fear all the time-gave me confidence on the course.  Also, helped with my putting.  He was worth the money I spent because I now enjoy the game.

• iacas changed the title to Herman Williams Golf
On 4/27/2018 at 12:21 PM, seapirate58 said:

I had personal lessons from Herman.  He is excellent in teaching the fundamentals and is very personal.  Takes an interest in the person.  He taught me to hit a ball straight and to be consistent.  His instruction allows me to fix the swing, stance and grip to make corrections when I get way ward once in a while.  I asked him one time how many balls must I hit to be consistent in hitting ball straight.  He told me 10,000!!!   He is correct about that.  Where does the 10,000 come from.  It came from a book called "Outliers" by Malcom Gladwell.  I would recommend him to anyone needing help to play a better game.  He helped me with hitting out of a sand trap which I use to fear all the time-gave me confidence on the course.  Also, helped with my putting.  He was worth the money I spent because I now enjoy the game.

This sounds great. Would you mind updating how you’re doing in say..a month? Not trying to hex you...just would like to get your input and how ‘lasting’ you feel your improvements from HW have been.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 2181 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!