IGNORED

Questions about TT Lite XL and Multi-step Lite, and cheap shafts in general

jscomp
Note: This thread is 3697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Regarding TT Lite XL and Multi-step Lite, what's it say on the shaft itself (not the sticker)?

And when building irons with cheap shafts that don't have tight tolerances, is it a good idea to assemble them in ascending order by pre-cut weight from long to short irons? Any other tips for getting a reasonably consistent set with cheap shafts?

I would talk to an experienced clubfitter about the quality rating of these shafts.

The 2014 GolfWorks catalog describes the two shaft models as being versatile, and adaptable by the clubfitter. For example, in the Multi-Step Light, the L and A flexes come from the same shaft, and the R and S flexes from the same shaft. Thus, you only have to maintain two inventory SKUs rather than four. Again, this requires more skill by the clubsmith to make it worthwhile.

For shaft specs, check out the home site: http://www.truetemper.com/products/

In manufacturing, some shafts test out more uniformly for weight than flex. A veteran clubmaker told me how he would select 12 shafts as candidates for a set of irons. Then, he would frequency-match the shafts, and select the eight which came the closest to ideal flex. If the four "rejected" shaft all came out stiffer than wanted, he might put them aside for compiling a "stiffer" set of eight for some future customer. You would need to do more spotchecks on raw shafts if you weren't buying into the $40 tubes of the KBS Tour family.

Again, talk to an experienced clubsmith on this. I'm more familiar with fitting parameters than actual club assembly technique.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll be in a Golfsmith this weekend. Hopefully they have one of those shafts in stock. I ask because I have a little theory about Gigagolf and their "Finest Quality" Feather Flight shaft... tee-hee

Cheap does not necessarily mean not within tolerances. I've used the TT Lite XL and found them to be within tolerances and quite liked them actually. Never had an issue with the MS in my giga stuff either.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

the tt lite xl are made at 43" long so that you can build longer irons with them if you have to that what the xl stands for extra long. you can get the tipping instructions right off of true tempers web site, and can be trimmed to flex for a to s. also they weigh 128 gram raw shaft. i have them in my clubs and love them . i put them in set i built for a friend and he loves them

sorry it took so long had to go into my shop to get one of this for the info your looking for first set of numbers are smaller they are the serial number second set are the model number and are uttxlic-43 raw shaft lengh is 43" weight is 128 grams can be flexed r and s not a to s like i said before sorry about

butt size.600

tip .370

parallel tip 12" long

if you need tip trimming instructions for this shaft and cant find it on your own let me know i can help

sorry it took so long had to go into my shop to get one of this for the info your looking for first set of numbers are smaller they are the serial number second set are the model number and are uttxlic-43 raw shaft lengh is 43" weight is 128 grams can be flexed r and s not a to s like i said before sorry about

butt size.600

tip .370

parallel tip 12" long

if you need tip trimming instructions for this shaft and cant find it on your own let me know i can help

At first I had no idea what you're talking about, but google tells me you're reading what's silk screened on the butt end. Is that right? I'm talking about much further down, towards the tip. There should be another silk screen (not covered by a grip or hosel). Here's a pic of what I mean:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380684452029

Thanks! :beer:

that is correct i was talking about the numbers across the butt end of the shaft hers picture of the sticker that comes with the shaft. if your talking about the smaller 1 around the tip end of th shaft it says  "true tremper finest quality made in usa"

Yeah, I'm quite familiar with them. I got their blades. The True Temper shaft isn't a knockoff, clone or relabel though. It's genuine and exclusive to them. I was just wondering if it's in the same quality tier as TT Lite or if TT Lite is commercial grade.

Ah. So Gigagolf's Feather Flight is in the same league as TT Lite.

Yes, Feather Flight is also made by TT. GigaGolf site has TT ads for the Feather: http://www.gigagolf.com/view_shaft_options.jhtml?id=8

I suspect Feather is a special make for Giga, as it doesn't show up on the TT website or in the 2014 GolfWorks catalog. Also, the catalog doesn't show any other TT shafts weighing in at the Feather's 110 grams.

I went onto the GigaGolf site, and Feather Flight is the base shaft for several of their iron models. An upgrade to Dynamic Golf R300 or S300 would be an extra charge of $7.50 a club. So... drawing on GolfWorks component pricing....

• Dynamic Golf = $19
  • TT Lite XL = $10

...my guess is that Giga prices the Feather at about $11.50.

Special-make shafts are not uncommon in golfdom. For example, Callaway has the TT SpeedStep 85 as the stock steel shaft in both its XHot and XHot.2 irons. But, I don't see Speed Step in any component catalogs.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yes feather flight would be made for giga golf. i ran into an issue with a set of wilson di9s fat shafts i wanted to reshaft TT wouldnt send them to me because they where made for wilson only, and wilson wouldnt send them to me either, because they wanted me to send the clubs to them.

also i wasnt accussing giga golf shafts of being clones sorry if you got that idea,  but i know their heads are.

TT has a 105 gram and a 95 gram shaft out, new this year from what i understand, at hireko.com check it out

The Feather Lite for giga is actually a True Temper Multi Step.

-Landon

The Feather Lite for giga is actually a True Temper Multi Step.

False. 110 grams vs 125 grams. Btw, I came across that claim in another forum when I first googled for info on it. Turns out it was you. :/

What if I told you I matched 'em up and talked to Giga Golf's head honcho to confirm? I don't care what the site says I got it straight from the big cheese's mouth. I don't believe everything I read. TRUE!:-P

-Landon

What if I told you I matched 'em up and talked to Giga Golf's head honcho to confirm? I don't care what the site says I got it straight from the big cheese's mouth. I don't believe everything I read. TRUE!:-P

What if I told you Gigagolf did 9/11? I had a private phone conversation with their head honcho big cheese dancing bull of thunder and he confirmed it.

Note: This thread is 3697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!