IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You guys are in trouble...I ripped an 829 yard 6I today playing some extreme golf.

Apparently the GPS had not quite dialed in yet when I started my round.

So that's where you buried the stash.  Interesting!

Mine will do that if I don't give it at least 10 minutes startup time.  That is what customer service recommended too.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Mine will do that if I don't give it at least 10 minutes startup time.  That is what customer service recommended too.

Thanks for that info. I think I read 2 mins.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Thanks for that info. I think I read 2 mins.

I just give it until it beeps and the blinking light stops blinking. It's usually 1-3 minutes.

It's faster:

• On cloudless days.
  • On days where you play close to the location of your last round.
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just set up my game golf this morning and played my first round with it.  Loved the ease of use, and can't wait to log many round with this thing this summer.  Looks like a great tool to combine with Lowest Score Wins to improve my game.

One quick question.  Has anyone had issues with the putter tag on Edel putters?  Or putters with a SuperStroke grip?  I think I have weights in the butt end of my Edel that are causes the tag to stick out a bit, and I just worry that this could break off in my bag at any moment.

Just set up my game golf this morning and played my first round with it.  Loved the ease of use, and can't wait to log many round with this thing this summer.  Looks like a great tool to combine with Lowest Score Wins to improve my game.

One quick question.  Has anyone had issues with the putter tag on Edel putters?  Or putters with a SuperStroke grip?  I think I have weights in the butt end of my Edel that are causes the tag to stick out a bit, and I just worry that this could break off in my bag at any moment.

I believe @Golfingdad has a counterweight on his putter so his tag isn't attached the conventional way at all. I think (I may be wrong) he cut off the screw and just glued it on or something.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I believe @Golfingdad has a counterweight on his putter so his tag isn't attached the conventional way at all. I think (I may be wrong) he cut off the screw and just glued it on or something.

Yes, a piece of thick double sided tape that I forgot the name of. It's straight out of the game golf faq though. I've had no problems whatsoever with that tag-it hasn't budged. :) EDIT: Here you go ... https://gamegolf.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1775100-counter-balance-putter-tag-entry?b_id=7220

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the stats on clubs? I want to reset the stats on my irons and wedges because I have new ones.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the stats on clubs? I want to reset the stats on my irons and wedges because I have new ones.

You can delete them from your bag. Can't seem to remember if that affects your other stats or analysis stuff.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You can delete them from your bag. Can't seem to remember if that affects your other stats or analysis stuff.

I actually figured it out right after I asked, you can add a new club move the tag to the new club and delete the old club. I just tested with my 4 iron and now it shows no stats on it under insights for club performance.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

It would be nice if you could just update the tags to new clubs without losing the stats on the old clubs.  When I got my Glide wedges, I just tagged them with a couple of the extra tags and left my old tags in the old wedges and left them in the database.

I could imagine a feature where you could update the tag with a note that you switched clubs at whatever date, and add that as a filter option as well.  That would make a lot of sense to me.

@Jeremie Boop , you could mention this in the GG support thread (I forget the name of it right now) and maybe they'd have some advice.

EDIT:  This one ... http://thesandtrap.com/t/81465/tst-talks-with-game-golf/0_30

I actually figured it out right after I asked, you can add a new club move the tag to the new club and delete the old club. I just tested with my 4 iron and now it shows no stats on it under insights for club performance.

Yea. The problem with that is if you keep multiple sets of clubs, your page gets cluttered with club stat displays. Kind of annoying if you keep switching clubs or adding new ones all the time if you don't delete them at some point. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/72375/game-golf-digital-tracking-system/90#post_1163055"] It would be nice if you could just update the tags to new clubs without losing the stats on the old clubs.  When I got my Glide wedges, I just tagged them with a couple of the extra tags and left my old tags in the old wedges and left them in the database. I could imagine a feature where you could update the tag with a note that you switched clubs at whatever date, and add that as a filter option as well.  That would make a lot of sense to me. @Jeremie Boop , you could mention this in the GG support thread (I forget the name of it right now) and maybe they'd have some advice. [/quote]They'll tell you to post it on their support forums. ;-) This might have been addressed for all I know, I don't spend much time on there.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Yea. The problem with that is if you keep multiple sets of clubs, your page gets cluttered with club stat displays. Kind of annoying if you keep switching clubs or adding new ones all the time if you don't delete them at some point.

It's actually not cluttering up with extra clubs, it just shows the new 4 iron on the page with no shots on it yet. I deleted the old one right away though. I don't see any reason to keep the old ones on there because I'm not looking to compare the stats. I just want accurate stats based on just the new clubs.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

@billchao @Golfingdad Thank you for the link!  That is exactly what I was looking for.

You're very welcome!

So I changed out my Pure Grips for some GP Niions that were sitting in the garage unused, and I noticed that I think the loose tag problem is a Pure thing.  The tags fit in really really snugly (without the need for glue) and I've been keeping an eye on them each time I've hit a thin shot and haven't seen any movement at all yet.

Hey guys. I have been lurking the forums for a while, and read plenty of posts about GG. I decided to pick one up and I got it just 23 hours after ordering it!

Played my first round with it, went home plugged it in and it started the post-round process. It quickly detects a round a starts to read it. However it stalls at 75% on "uploading".

Now I have left it there for a good hour and it is clearly stuck. Disabled firewall etc, in case that was the problem, but no luck. I then created a second round to test if it would upload, but it never goes any further than the first round.
Have any of you guys experienced this? I am so eager to see my stats :)

Got my Game Golf few weeks ago and have to say I'm very disappointed and frustrated with it.

It has one humongous and fundamental flaw, the GPS is horribly inaccurate. Sometimes it has me 10-20 yards away from where I actually tagged!?

Worse yet is the course mapping software has no clue (of my course Addington Palace at least) whether you're in fairway, green, rough, bunker. And even in the post round edit I can move it to where I know its fairway and it still wont recognise it. If I untag a shot it says is 'on green' it suddenly shoves the shot 10 yards in a random direction, altering the yardage of my approach shot. Utterly useless.

For a device saying it offers 'PGA Tour' levels of stats the editing software needs to allow more freedom to specify where a shot is and the GPS needs to be vastly improved.

For something that cost me £140 this is a real joke. Its clearly been released too early and should have been far more thoroughly product tested.

Got my Game Golf few weeks ago and have to say I'm very disappointed and frustrated with it. It has one humongous and fundamental flaw, the GPS is horribly inaccurate. Sometimes it has me 10-20 yards away from where I actually tagged!? Worse yet is the course mapping software has no clue (of my course Addington Palace at least) whether you're in fairway, green, rough, bunker. And even in the post round edit I can move it to where I know its fairway and it still wont recognise it. If I untag a shot it says is 'on green' it suddenly shoves the shot 10 yards in a random direction, altering the yardage of my approach shot. Utterly useless. For a device saying it offers 'PGA Tour' levels of stats the editing software needs to allow more freedom to specify where a shot is and the GPS needs to be vastly improved. For something that cost me £140 this is a real joke. Its clearly been released too early and should have been far more thoroughly product tested.

Sorry to hear that. My experience has been the complete opposite. Maybe you should see if they can look at your course and re map it or something.

Worse yet is the course mapping software has no clue (of my course Addington Palace at least) whether you're in fairway, green, rough, bunker. And even in the post round edit I can move it to where I know its fairway and it still wont recognise it.

Sorry to hear that. My experience has been the complete opposite. Maybe you should see if they can look at your course and re map it or something.

@golfaddict1 : I agree with Jakester23.  I had something similar on one of my rounds, where I was clearly (in real life) in the fairway but when I uploaded the data, GG said I missed the fairways.  I emailed GG support through the GG website, told them the course, the holes involved, and attached a couple screenshots from the round, showing where I tagged and explaining where the fairway ends ("a yard inside the cartpath" or whatever).  They updated the mapping for those holes within a day and it fixed the info for that round--we'll see how it goes next time I play that course.

Anyway, give them an email and ask them to look at your course again.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!