IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been in touch and they have remapped some of the holes (they say) but I tried moving my tags around and the mapping is still wrong. If they are basing their 'mapping' on what they can make out on the blurry google maps view then there's no wonder its wrong as its impossible to tell rough from fairway on those images. I also notice that parts of the fairway cast in shadows by big trees arent recognised either.

Dont get me wrong; if this was a £40 unit I wouldnt expect super accuracy, but at £140 I find its inaccuracy very disappointing to say the least. I feel like im doing all of their work for them and its costing them nothing. Why have a course on your system you havent checked is mapped accurately?

This wouldnt be so bad if the editing suite allowed you to declare whether a ball is in fairway, bunker, rough etc. without having to move it miles away from where it actually lay. Just so many flaws . Like I said, I think they released it before properly testing it and ironing out the cracks.

I've been in touch and they have remapped some of the holes (they say) but I tried moving my tags around and the mapping is still wrong. If they are basing their 'mapping' on what they can make out on the blurry google maps view then there's no wonder its wrong as its impossible to tell rough from fairway on those images. I also notice that parts of the fairway cast in shadows by big trees arent recognised either. Dont get me wrong; if this was a £40 unit I wouldnt expect super accuracy, but at £140 I find its inaccuracy very disappointing to say the least. I feel like im doing all of their work for them and its costing them nothing. Why have a course on your system you havent checked is mapped accurately? This wouldnt be so bad if the editing suite allowed you to declare whether a ball is in fairway, bunker, rough etc. without having to move it miles away from where it actually lay. Just so many flaws . Like I said, I think they released it before properly testing it and ironing out the cracks.

If after a few rounds you still hate it I'm sure their will be more than a few people willing to buy it off you. I hope they get it worked out for you. I think it gives you a good way to look back on your tendencies.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been in touch and they have remapped some of the holes (they say) but I tried moving my tags around and the mapping is still wrong. If they are basing their 'mapping' on what they can make out on the blurry google maps view then there's no wonder its wrong as its impossible to tell rough from fairway on those images. I also notice that parts of the fairway cast in shadows by big trees arent recognised either. Dont get me wrong; if this was a £40 unit I wouldnt expect super accuracy, but at £140 I find its inaccuracy very disappointing to say the least. I feel like im doing all of their work for them and its costing them nothing. Why have a course on your system you havent checked is mapped accurately? This wouldnt be so bad if the editing suite allowed you to declare whether a ball is in fairway, bunker, rough etc. without having to move it miles away from where it actually lay. Just so many flaws . Like I said, I think they released it before properly testing it and ironing out the cracks.

I haven't tried it yet, but if you can't declare a ball on the fairway / Green / bunker ect while you are editing then that would certainly be a pain.. That seems like a pretty simple concept that should have been incorporated, I can't see any reason why they would even want to prevent that or not include it other than technical difficulties maybe? I will pay a lot of attention the first few rounds I play with it and give my feedback.. In the mean time I'm sure you can still find it useful for other things maybe?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Well I know that after 20+ rounds or so the inaccuracies will average out to give fairly accurate distances and tendencies but still for such an expensive investment I find the amount of work I have to do in post round editing annoying.

And you're right it is frankly ridiculous that you cant declare where a ball is at any time. An egregious oversight to say the least. I've asked them to introduce this feature and its one of the most voted for 'feature requests' on their forum so hopefully they sort it out soon.

Well I know that after 20+ rounds or so the inaccuracies will average out to give fairly accurate distances and tendencies but still for such an expensive investment I find the amount of work I have to do in post round editing annoying.

And you're right it is frankly ridiculous that you cant declare where a ball is at any time. An egregious oversight to say the least. I've asked them to introduce this feature and its one of the most voted for 'feature requests' on their forum so hopefully they sort it out soon.

Well when you look at a $400 driver that will undoubtably be replace in the near future I don't think Game Golf is all that expensive.

Well when you look at a $400 driver that will undoubtably be replace in the near future I don't think Game Golf is all that expensive.

....what? How does that justify it in anyway? A driver works on every shot. Game Golf doesnt....this isnt even a logical comparison!

....what? How does that justify it in anyway? A driver works on every shot. Game Golf doesnt....this isnt even a logical comparison!

Well that's your experience. It's worked greatfor me. And if you are telling me your driver works every time I call bullshit

• Administrator
The mapping being off explains all. If the mapping is right you don't NEED to mark "fairway" or "bunker." What isn't explained by that is explained by GPS. GG has worked nearly perfectly for me. When it hasn't they've corrected the problem within a day. @GAME Golf is a user here with a thread and you're not availing yourself of that. It seems your mind is made up so just sell it @golfaddict1 .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ive maybe had to move 4-5 shots over 20 rounds to make sure I missed or hit the fairways. Other than that, Game Golf has been very helpful in improving my game and quite frankly allows me to brag to some of my buddies back home in Florida.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• 4 weeks later...
My experience with the game golf system was not very positive. In the past, I tried my friends GG system, and it gave me erroneous positions. It stated a 340 yard drive on a 320 yard hole, then put me on the green at the approach shot. On top of that it did not give me a chance to fix the problem. According to the GG system I did 1 shot and 5 putts because I kept beeping my club. Every time the club beeped it increments the strokes. Of course, it thought I was on the green so it counted them as putts. I figured it was just because I didn't spend enough time with it. So, I downloaded the free version of it recently, and found the exact same thing. Not only that, but the app takes over my phone, and I was unable to answer a text. I ended up taking the battery out and uninstalling the application and scoring with GolfLogix. I am upgrading to the champion version of GolfLogix. I went to the website to peruse some of the features. Apparently other users also had a similar experience with 460 yard drives and other weird stuff. This system has potential but was a bitter disappointment for me.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

My experience with the game golf system was not very positive.

In the past, I tried my friends GG system, and it gave me erroneous positions. It stated a 340 yard drive on a 320 yard hole, then put me on the green at the approach shot. On top of that it did not give me a chance to fix the problem. According to the GG system I did 1 shot and 5 putts because I kept beeping my club. Every time the club beeped it increments the strokes. Of course, it thought I was on the green so it counted them as putts. I figured it was just because I didn't spend enough time with it. So, I downloaded the free version of it recently, and found the exact same thing. Not only that, but the app takes over my phone, and I was unable to answer a text. I ended up taking the battery out and uninstalling the application and scoring with GolfLogix. I am upgrading to the champion version of GolfLogix.

I went to the website to peruse some of the features. Apparently other users also had a similar experience with 460 yard drives and other weird stuff. This system has potential but was a bitter disappointment for me.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Those things seem to be very, very unusual.

If the GPS signal is off, you can get placement in the wrong place. I've never really seen it be too far off.

The system doesn't let you tag anything but putter from on the green.

You can move your marks (I do this after each round) slightly to adjust for the position from which you actually hit your shot (or the location of the hole).

You didn't specify whether you used the belt unit and/or tags, or just the software, so I can't help you there…

Your experiences seem like you used it without really knowing what you were doing, and then rushed to make judgments that were actually user error.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/72375/game-golf-digital-tracking-system/126#post_1178233"] My experience with the game golf system was not very positive. In the past, I tried my friends GG system, and it gave me erroneous positions. It stated a 340 yard drive on a 320 yard hole, then put me on the green at the approach shot. On top of that it did not give me a chance to fix the problem. According to the GG system I did 1 shot and 5 putts because I kept beeping my club. Every time the club beeped it increments the strokes. Of course, it thought I was on the green so it counted them as putts. I figured it was just because I didn't spend enough time with it. So, I downloaded the free version of it recently, and found the exact same thing. Not only that, but the app takes over my phone, and I was unable to answer a text. I ended up taking the battery out and uninstalling the application and scoring with GolfLogix. I am upgrading to the champion version of GolfLogix. I went to the website to peruse some of the features. Apparently other users also had a similar experience with 460 yard drives and other weird stuff. This system has potential but was a bitter disappointment for me.[/QUOTE] I'm not sure what you're talking about. Those things seem to be very, very unusual. If the GPS signal is off, you can get placement in the wrong place. I've never really seen it be too far off. The system doesn't let you tag anything but putter from on the green. You can move your marks (I do this after each round) slightly to adjust for the position from which you actually hit your shot (or the location of the hole). You didn't specify whether you used the belt unit and/or tags, or just the software, so I can't help you there… Your experiences seem like you used it without really knowing what you were doing, and then rushed to make judgments that were actually user error.

The last statement is probably true, but I still didn't really like the taking over the phone part that much with the tags version. In both cases, I used tags. One that used the belt thing, and the second try using my phone's NFC reader. Seemed like it was working when I tested the system using a friends tags. Even tried manual entry of the club, thinking that the Tag version might need different tags? The main issue is I was 120 yards out, and for some reason it thought I was on the green? Btw, my friend who owns the system doesn't use it either due to the same quirky behavior, but it obviously works for most people.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

Btw, my friend who owns the system doesn't use it either due to the same quirky behavior, but it obviously works for most people.

I don't think these are widespread problems. I think your friend could sell his GG here on the site (you could sell it for him) without any difficulty at all.

The tags are not different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Btw, my friend who owns the system doesn't use it either due to the same quirky behavior, but it obviously works for most people.

I don't think these are widespread problems. I think your friend could sell his GG here on the site (you could sell it for him) without any difficulty at all.

The tags are not different.

That's what I figured.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The quick and tidy tracking of stats would be awesome, but it's overpriced for me. A range session prior to a round tells me my yardages, and a 5 dollar stat book may be old school, but it gets the job done.

Would try it at a different price point, since you guys said the clip on is no big deal (only thing I was worried about).

Has anyone else noticed that the reports seem to be off. For example I had around where I hit almost every fairway, I think I missed one. It showed correctly in the round review but when I went to the off the tee report, it shows something like 50% and also the distances were off.

I emailed GG so hopefully it will be fixed soon, just wondering if you guys have noticed the same?

Has anyone else noticed that the reports seem to be off. For example I had around where I hit almost every fairway, I think I missed one. It showed correctly in the round review but when I went to the off the tee report, it shows something like 50% and also the distances were off.

I emailed GG so hopefully it will be fixed soon, just wondering if you guys have noticed the same?

Did you sort by just that round? 50% sounds like a YTD number.

Dave :-)

Did you sort by just that round? 50% sounds like a YTD number.

Yes I did, GG acknowledged it was a bug and they were going to fix it. Just curious if anyone else had noticed anything else with the reports. Even my totals are off, on one screen one of my clubs distance says 212 the other screen it says 204, same timespan, same number of rounds.

Note: This thread is 2215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!