IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes I did, GG acknowledged it was a bug and they were going to fix it. Just curious if anyone else had noticed anything else with the reports. Even my totals are off, on one screen one of my clubs distance says 212 the other screen it says 204, same timespan, same number of rounds.

I have seen slight discrepancies moving through different reporting features. My round numbers might be a yard or two different from club reporting, what showed on the dashboard for longest drive was 4 yards shorter than what the tagged shot showed in the round.

The mapping it close but not perfect. A ball in the fairway might show 2 yds off right edge when I am certain I was standing on short grass with some to spare. But it goes both ways a ball in the rough show 12 yds right of center and in the fairway on other holes. For me not a huge issue more concerned with the % left/right big picture numbers not the hair splitting stuff. Getting all those near misses in the right spot for reporting wouldn't take the red dots off there and while those little discrepancies are in the tally there are holes I play where I intentionally play away from the fairway so I don't use it as a way to decide what I should work on.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quick question for you experts.. How exactly do you deal with tee shots or any other shots that you hit OB?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Quick question for you experts.. How exactly do you deal with tee shots or any other shots that you hit OB?

Just hit your drop and add the appropriate number of strokes to your shot when you edit (+1 for just the drop, +2 for stroke and distance).

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just hit your drop and add the appropriate number of strokes to your shot when you edit (+1 for just the drop, +2 for stroke and distance).

I thought I remember that I couldn't add more than 1 penalty stroke to any one shot... Is that not the case?

Eyad

I thought I remember that I couldn't add more than 1 penalty stroke to any one shot... Is that not the case?

When you add a penalty to you shot it gives you the option of +1 or +2.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

When you add a penalty to you shot it gives you the option of +1 or +2.

Thanks.. I'll try it tomorrow I'm sure I'll have an OB

Eyad

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about purchasing it. But I have my doubts.

I wonder what it will do for my golf game besides tracking my scores and hits. It won't lower my hcp. I do not understand why it could help lowering my hcp. I feel it is a very usefull tool for the low hcp players. Am I correct?

• Administrator

I wonder what it will do for my golf game besides tracking my scores and hits. It won't lower my hcp. I do not understand why it could help lowering my hcp. I feel it is a very usefull tool for the low hcp players. Am I correct?

I think it can help you realize where and how you lose strokes if you pay some attention to it. It makes actually keeping those stats fairly easy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It definitely will paint an accurate picture of how often and where you hit your miss. For me knowing exactly what my club averages are helps me make choices on the course.

Dave :-)

• 3 months later...

In another thread I mentioned there are flash sales on Game Golf - I'm a little late to the latest one on the big A, but there's 3 hours left. $90, new. Only 10% claimed.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Golf-Digital-Tracking-System/dp/B00JDZWQZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450125822&sr=8-1&keywords=gamegolf

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 3.44.22 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

In another thread I mentioned there are flash sales on Game Golf - I'm a little late to the latest one on the big A, but there's 3 hours left. $90, new. Only 10% claimed.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/game-golf-digital-tracking-system/268380109.html?listingid=367541571

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 3.44.22 PM.png

Cheaper than just the tags, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

On 8/20/2015 at 8:07 PM, taxgolf said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, but am still planning on getting one. Not sure how exactly it will help, but it's worth it if easily keeps track of my stats.

Just waiting for the after Christmas type sales and a store that still has one. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
21 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

$89.99, couldn't resist... bought it.

Sweet! Now add your GG username to your profile!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sweet! Now add your GG username to your profile!

Will do.  Won't be until after Christmas.

I'm helping my wife out and gift wrapping recent purchases and telling her, "here are some gifts you can give me for Christmas".  When I unwrap them she's the one that gets the surprise.  Maybe it's kind of a silly routine but this way it's less likely she'll buy me things I don't really want.  She'll still buy me a few items.

On 8/20/2015 at 8:07 PM, taxgolf said:

I think it might help me lower my handicap.  Say I discover I average a lot less distance than I thought.  For example, 110yd average on my 7 iron!... I know I can hit that club 145 to 150, I must hit it fat and/or off the toe much more than I thought.  This might point me towards focusing my attention to working on finding the sweet spot as opposed to working on improving my swing speed.

Regardless, I think it will be fun to look over my round details.

2 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

Will do.  Won't be until after Christmas.

You can still make an account and set your bag and stuff before you get the unit.

Bill

My Swing Thread

I have numerous questions, I'm really getting into the Game Golf capabilities.

1. Went out today with both a Classic & Live. Tagged both units. It started to rain, went back out an hour later. Turned both units off then back on. Got home to upload to computer and both showed two rounds played. One round with only the first hole and then the other round of the rest of the holes. So, I'm guessing, don't turn the off.

2. I was using my wife's IPad, I have set her up as a user. Couldn't log out of her account and log into my account on IPad?

3. Using the IPad, on start up, the "Red Start Round" is below the screen area, tried to scroll to launch round, but screen would rebound up. Finally got the round to start after several attempts.

4. Similar problem when viewing distance to green, screen tap shows yardage at the top of the screen which is partially hidden.

5. Can units handle 36 holes (battery life)?

Santa's bringing me an IPhone, I'll be Live on my own soon..... Woo Whoo.  :banana:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Club Rat said:

1. Went out today with both a Classic & Live. Tagged both units. It started to rain, went back out an hour later. Turned both units off then back on. Got home to upload to computer and both showed two rounds played. One round with only the first hole and then the other round of the rest of the holes. So, I'm guessing, don't turn the off.

Correct.

2. I was using my wife's IPad, I have set her up as a user. Couldn't log out of her account and log into my account on IPad?

More -> Settings -> Log Out.

5. Can units handle 36 holes (battery life)?

10 hours or so, yeah.

Note: This thread is 2216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!