IGNORED

GAME GOLF - Digital Tracking System

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

saw an advertisement for this new product and was surprised not to find a thread here. i've never experimented with on-course apps that generate statistics, but thought this looked pretty slick.

Here's what looks to be an independent review:

http://breakingeighty.com/game-golf-review

GOOD THINGS

Sleek, Unobtrusive Design
Easy to Tag Shots
Lots of Potential for Future Growth
Incredible Selection of Courses

BAD THINGS

GPS not always accurate
Round Review Process Tedious
UX Needs Work
Hard to Manually Edit Stats

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I've been seeing the game golf dot com device advertised lately and am curious about it. I haven't researched the costs yet and don't know if there is a fee beyond the initial cost. But it does seem like an interesting device combining gps and club tracking. I'm probably just going to use an android app and maybe think about a laser rangefinder. But being naturally curious, I'm wondering what others think of this gps club tracker thing.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Oops, did a search and didn't see an existing thread, ran a google search and found my way to http://thesandtrap.com/t/72375/game-golf-digital-tracking-system , so sorry for the redundant thread. Feel free to merge or kill this one.

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Biggest problem is limited course maps. None of the courses I play are listed on their site. Not surprising they started with well known and resort courses in warmer climes.

Dave :-)

(Thank you for the thread merger to whoever did it)

I just tried to go to their web site and it triggered all sorts of blocks with the work browser malware filter, so I can't go there from the work site during breaks. Just a heads-up, might be just something out of date on their web site.

So I just checked for local courses with my phone browser and nothing that I'd play shows up.  Oh well, interesting concept, I'll have to keep a casual eye open to see if I see anyone using the device locally and will ask them about it.

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

I think its a terrific idea....but $250 is pretty steep, IMO.  I had an app that did this, but I think they removed the function because nobody used it.  It wasn't quite streamlined enough to be useful. This appears to fix that problem.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• 2 weeks later...

Decided we can discuss the product here rather than fill up the What did you buy thread with Off Topic posts.

Joe Paradiso

Farther down the page: http://thesandtrap.com/t/72375/game-golf-digital-tracking-system#post_955294

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Farther down the page: http://thesandtrap.com/t/72375/game-golf-digital-tracking-system#post_955294

Merged.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My home course was supported which is why I agreed to try it out.  Now I just have to wait for the snow to clear and the course to open.

Joe Paradiso

Have used mine for 3 rounds now and I love it.

It is an absolutely useless gadget for most of the golfing world, but for us (the people who are on forums like this) that are die hard, will love it. It is really easy to use.

Was discussing this with a couple of buddies at work and while they thought the $250 price would probably price them out of the market, we determined this was the perfect "gift" for a golfer. As we all know, everyone loves to give the golfer a golf gift, and this is one of those things that would be a perfect gift.

Happy to answer any specific questions, but what I will tell you is, get ready for some humble pie. Those "average" drives that go 270-300, well, when you actually have all your drives measured (the ones that you don't quiet get all of, the ones that bounce off the tree 50 yards off the fairway, etc.) your average is going to be MUCH less.

They still have some work to do, but the baseline program is a great start. I look for it to get better as most people use it and share feedback on ideas, etc.

This looks like a great device.  At $250 it is a little out of price range, but it looks like this works like a charm.  I have used golfshot for keeping stats in the past, but I like how I don't have to interupt my game to keep all the information that I want to track.  Found this video on YouTube that explains all the basics behind this device.

I bought one a few weeks back. First thing I had to do was do what needed to do months ago...upgrade my computer away from XP. It did not take long to get used to it. The mobile app is fairly good although there are times I have trouble finding the screens I was looking for. Online editing has been easy. The biggest complaint I have is the outdated list of standard clubs to pick from in their drop down menus in the initial setup stages. They are still working on how to deal with courses that have 27 holes. In that case I have to record round as seperate 9s. All in all I like it a lot

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been using mine for about 3 months and I really like it for what I bought it for.  My biggest challenge has been pinning down my club distances and this device has helped me zero in on that information.

Another thing I have used it for is to compare my driver performance with individual drivers on the course.  I have a few drivers (who doesn't?) that were all fitted on with a track-man/flight-scope and it has been eye-opening to see the actual performance of each on the course.  The Game Golf allows you to compare distances for each club to the yard (well as accurate as a GPS can be) and to get an idea of dispersion of shots based on their position on the map (you can view this after the round when you are viewing and editing your round).  I have several newer drivers and it was a surprise to see that my best performance on the course (it was the poorest performer in the hitting bay) is with a XHot 10.5 with a UST V2 shaft in it.

My issues:  GPS can move you from the front nine to the back nine randomly if two tee boxes are side by side (invalidates the round from a scoring perspective cause you will end up with a bunch of confusing data), the battery needs to be recharged every 18 hole round and lastly the belt clip is fragile and can break easily.

Over all good for this 19 handicapper.

Just played with a coworker who had this. He loves it, he said he averaged 245 off the tee and I was typically passed him by about 10-20 yards so it gives me a decent idea of my average drives. The price is a bit high for me right now but I will definitely keep it in mind when I have more disposable income.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Looks like they finally got CO mapped so I will be buying it soon. Looks like there are still some bugs to be worked out with the round/club editing but still an interesting product.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 2184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!