• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paiste

Looking for some indoor swing drills during the winter months.

3 posts in this topic

I go to an indoor range about 2 or 3 times a week but that can start to add up, money wise. When I'm not at the range, I would like to learn a few indoor drills to keep my swing sharp.

I've been taking lessons for the past 3 months (with video analysis) and  my swing has improved dramatically. I'm extremely confident when addressing the ball and my results are improving constantly.

I took a couple of weeks off and when I came back to the range, it took me a few trips to get back into the groove and to get the muscle memory back of the new swing. Are there any indoor drills that I can do so that when I'm not going to the range or seeing my coach, I don't fall back into those bad habits or lose that muscle memory? Cheers.

I do the drills my instructor assigns with a foam ball, with mirrors and video. Something I've been doing lately is slow swings with the ball and just nudge the ball on contact - gives you a chance to check the mirrors (I have fo and dtl set up.)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

foam ball is a great idea. I have one of those short weighted clubs (maybe 18" long) which is nice indoors.