IGNORED

TST Call to Action - Create a Golfer in 2014!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am late to the party but I will pledge to create a golfer.  My brother in law has been asking which means he is interested.  I play with our father in law and I hope he is feeling left out.  I will get him out there by the end of the season

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will take the pledge! It should be interesting teaching my left handed GF. Now it's just a battle on eBay to find her some sticks.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Working in two people, a friend and brother.: Friend is hooked and I think he has become a golfer forever.. Final step is convincing him to join evolvr to start improving, but that means he has to see big improvement in my game. My brother just bought a new set of clubs and he is now playing more, but I don't think he is hooked yet!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

In a startling change of events, my wife has agreed to play a round of golf with me. Currently teaching her how to hold the club, etc, in hope of playing 9 with her in the near future....we'll see how this goes...wish me luck!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Working with My Daughter, she has been at it for a week and a half now, and I am also working with a friend who lives in Missouri... They are both new the game...

Bryan

• Upvote 1

how abt 3 ?

Made my daughter 8 yrs old start golf lessons, been a month and she is loving it... she does not wanna miss her lesson for any thing.. it is a junior academy where sat it is 1 hr of itching and chipping , sundays driving range and wed ( when the course is closed) they get to play 9 holes with an instructor

my wife .. .been 2 weeks and taking lessons and loving it ..,been after my life to go to a course... so soone ... maybe next week

mt cousin... again a month of lessons ...  and played 9 with me yester day and loving it :)

Played 9 holes with my wife and daughter yesterday :) they are more addicted to the game than i am :) also started another buddy of mine with golf ...

4 and counting

In the :tmade: san clemente 14 way bag: :ping: G30 Stiff shaft driver 9deg upped to 10 :tmade: RocketBallz 4-sw Steel Stiff Shaft :callaway: 50 degree wedge :wilson_staff: 58 deg Wedge :cleve: Center shaft putter :titleist: Balls & :footjoy: BOA shoes

The way I found The Sand Trap is because I was looking for simple drills for my daughters  as I'm getting them into the game.  It brought me here and I've been hooked since!  So yeah, I pledge to create a golfer or two!

The way I found The Sand Trap is because I was looking for simple drills for my daughters  as I'm getting them into the game.  It brought me here and I've been hooked since!  So yeah, I pledge to create a golfer or two!

Cool, welcome to the site. About to head out for nine with my son this afternoon.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I think I have been successful in creating a golfer in 2014.

He is more addicted than my self now, and actually pushes me to play even when I'm not feeling it!

Now I am working on my second target who is my brother.  He is now playing around once a week, but I don't think he is hooked yet.. will probably push him over the edge into the golf world once I see him later on this summer.

I am working on convincing him of reading Lowest Score Wins (he was the first person I gifted my extra copy to).

Eyad

The two people I had in mind are golfing, but not ardent fans yet.

I was the same way the first 2 years. Play once a month or less for fun, until one event made me want to learn the actual game.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I created a couple of new golfers in 2013 and 14. One of them I really helped out by playing a lot, and giving him tips. Also went to the shop and helped him to decide wich clubs to buy. Now I have a new target. Asked him a couple of times, but never a yes. But yesterday bingo! He had been to the drivingrange a couple of times and I invited him to play a business round. He said yes, but wanted to practise with me a 9 holes round first, we did that yesterday. It was a succes, he played a lot better than I did during my first rounds. The business round I managed by pulling some strings. Its on a course I never played and the greenfee normally is around 125 euro.

Yeah I will introduce someone to the game...

Working with My Daughter, she has been at it for a week and a half now, and I am also working with a friend who lives in Missouri... They are both new the game...

Bryan

My daughter played her first round today after a month of nothing but practice on the range and working with me several hours a day... She shot a 93, she played the course from 6475 yards the course ratings are 72.3 with a slope rating of 130... Great first round of golf Jessica...

I guess things have gone full circle for me.. My friend that I introduced to golf beat me 4-3 on the 9 holes we played and beat me in strokes +7 to my ugly +9.. Congrats to him though.. Next up is to get him on this site!

Eyad

I guess things have gone full circle for me.. My friend that I introduced to golf beat me 4-3 on the 9 holes we played and beat me in strokes +7 to my ugly +9..

Congrats to him though.. Next up is to get him on this site!

You can at least say you "taught" him the game. ;-)

Cool, another TST member.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

[QUOTE name="Abu3baid" url="/t/72399/tst-call-to-action-create-a-golfer-in-2014/162#post_1017743"] I guess things have gone full circle for me.. My friend that I introduced to golf beat me 4-3 on the 9 holes we played and beat me in strokes +7 to my ugly +9.. Congrats to him though.. Next up is to get him on this site![/QUOTE] You can at least say you "taught" him the game. ;-) Cool, another TST member.

The problem is that I can't get him to join evolvr or come with me to lessons in the states unless I beat him every time an I start scoring low.. I still have a month to work at it since we will both be back in the states the same time (nice of our boss to let us both go on vacation the same time) and this will be my opportunity to try and get him to come to me to visit a 5sk teacher.. Golf is so much more fun wih some sort of partner in crime if you ask me!

Eyad

The problem is that I can't get him to join evolvr or come with me to lessons in the states unless I beat him every time an I start scoring low..

I still have a month to work at it since we will both be back in the states the same time (nice of our boss to let us both go on vacation the same time) and this will be my opportunity to try and get him to come to me to visit a 5sk teacher..

Golf is so much more fun wih some sort of partner in crime if you ask me!

You have the LSW book, all you need to do it apply it. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

[QUOTE name="Abu3baid" url="/t/72399/tst-call-to-action-create-a-golfer-in-2014/162#post_1017830"] The problem is that I can't get him to join evolvr or come with me to lessons in the states unless I beat him every time an I start scoring low.. I still have a month to work at it since we will both be back in the states the same time (nice of our boss to let us both go on vacation the same time) and this will be my opportunity to try and get him to come to me to visit a 5sk teacher.. Golf is so much more fun wih some sort of partner in crime if you ask me![/QUOTE] You have the LSW book, all you need to do it apply it. :beer:

Well not yet.. It's in the states waiting for me two months from now.. I'm also gifting one to my friend.. He is getting everything on a golf platter..

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!