IGNORED

TST Call to Action - Create a Golfer in 2014!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well not yet.. It's in the states waiting for me two months from now..

I'm also gifting one to my friend.. He is getting everything on a golf platter..

From you, of course. . .

Without you, he would not even be golfing. ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Count me in... I know i'm late to the party, but previously everyone of my friends I've talked to were "cold" prospects, scoffers, if you will. Recently I've been engaging a close friend of mine and got him interested.

Monday, we went to the golfsmith store, looked at some clubs. Went to a driving range, I worked with him on a few basics, head still, weight shift, grip. He did real well, used a pitching wedge the entire time. Hit down on the ball, has a lot of potential.

Today we're going to pick up a small set of clubs and probably hit the range again. He's already talking about going to a par 3 course and getting acquainted with that.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

• 2 weeks later...

Do we post progress update here?

If so, my intended target has got his clubs, took lessons (he wanted to take lessons before doing anything else related to golf) and we started going to the driving range sometimes. So level 2 achieved I guess!

Two things left in my opinion to make him a golfer.

- Go play a 9 hole best-ball with him (so he won't take 100 strokes to complete a 9 hole course)

- Go play a 9 hole course where he plays his own ball

He's the kind of perfectionnist, he wants to be able to make constant good contacts on the driving range before he agrees to a best ball 9 holes, so I hope I'll be able to make him play his own ball before the course closes for winter (usually october over here).

Haven't had much luck with my created golfer. He bought clubs and went out twice...but doesn't seem that interested.

I have however been able to get some co-workers who haven't golfed in a long time to go out a couple times this summer.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I know that it doesn't count because it is my kid, but here is my new golfer. Working on ground forces, and then extension.

Michael

• Administrator

I know that it doesn't count because it is my kid, but here is my new golfer. Working on ground forces, and then extension.

Hmmm.

Bigger dip than Tiger. Johnny Miller is not pleased. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hmmm. Bigger dip than Tiger. Johnny Miller is not pleased. :)

Yes, Johnny and Brandel would say she has no future in the game with that swing.

Michael

• Administrator

Yes, Johnny and Brandel would say she has no future in the game with that swing.

Really?

Cuz I'd say she has no future in the game with her father. :-O

Ba-dump-bump… Just teasing of course. She's WAY ahead of the game. :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hereby pledge to create another golfer, (My son and I introduced one of his fellow employees to the game and I gave him my used set of Taylormade Burners along with a Cleveland Monster driver, a couple of cleveland hybrids and a Taylormade Nubbins putter).

God Bless!!! Ray

So, in the golf outing I did earlier this year I got two of my co-workers who have never played to come out and play.  I even took them to the range beforehand.

Does that count?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 weeks later...

There is one friend I have that (because we both work in a community that has a golf course) plays a round with me once every year, and I am trying to get him to join the golf team, and I made this like packet to explain everything about golf.  SO, I'm in.

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Working on a difficult victim now. The lady in question went with me to Florida two years ago and she did not have any golfing-experience. It was like taking a novice skier to a double diamond downhill track. Made a big mistake there. She agreed to play a nine holes par 3 course with me yesterday and we had a lot of fun.

I need a playing partner and commit to creating one in 2014. I think I already have a target picked.

How about this one? :beer:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I just started to get to know people a bit better at my new job in a new city I moved to. I've got no golfing buddies and have either golfed by myself or with my father-in-law. He doesn't golf very often and likes taking a cart, I like to walk, not that that is stopping me from golfing with him. I would like to get a regular group of golfers from work to golf with, both established and new to the game. I hope to get 1-3 new golfers from work. I even bought my wife clubs. She only likes golfing nine holes and doesn't keep score or even care how she does. Its more of just a thing to do once in a while. but at least she comes out from time to time...I chalk that up to the bonus rounds I get to play lol

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

How about this one?

Where do I get one of those? Looks like my pick has taken the bait. Had him at the range last night and he wants to come out to an executive course nearby.

My brother-in-law was challenged to play golf by a friend of his, so he's been practicising on the weekends. I can't take credit for "creating" him, but I did give him a dozen new balls and a big bag of wiffle practice balls and a bunch of tees, so that helped him get going. So maybe another new golfer is on the way.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!