IGNORED

TST Call to Action - Create a Golfer in 2014!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Working on it now. Trying to get both my sons into golf (15 and 12). Bought them used clubs and am taking them to the course on the weekends. Need to get the younger generation off the video games and into golf.

TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5°
Callaway Rogue 17°, 21°
Mizuno MP-4 (4-PW)
Bettinardi H2 50°, 54°, 58° Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V1

I pledge to create a golfer in 2014.

Target - My wife!

We went to the driving range today for the fourth time. It is amazing how fast she is picking up the golf swing. Hoping to do a lesson with a teaching professional soon. Once we got home she started asking about getting a golf club set within the next month or two.

Got the 24 year old step-son, ATP , to the driving range yesterday and we split a 100 ball bucket. gave him my guest set of clubs and  I just let him go. after about 10 shots.. he became focused on hitting the 50 yd sign which he did fairly well...then he hit a few drives over 100, so I see some good out-of-the-box stuff happening for someone who has only played putt-putt and was on his third trip to a driving range. I'm thinking another driving range visit and then some lessons.

are we supposed to update progress here, or is there another blog we are supposed to do updates on?

I pledge to create a golfer in 2014!  This will be fun!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I pledge to create a golfer in 2014!  This will be fun!

You're in!

Thanks, and welcome to the site!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I David Williams hereby pledge to re-create a golfer in 2014.

Specifically my brother-in-law who's not played for about 15 years but used to play off 12.

The plan for me is:

- Invite him down the range to hit balls a couple of times per week to get him enjoying 'practice'
- Help him with any glaring swing faults.
- Donate any clubs I don't use, e.g. I have a couple of old putters I don't use.
- Play a round every couple of weeks with him.
- Start a competition with him, our father-in-law (not played for about 2 years but used to be a society golfer) and myself where we play a nice course once per month and all start out at an 18 handicap. Handicaps are adjusted depending on how we've all played.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• Administrator

I pledge to create a golfer in 2014.  Target -> My daughters boyfriend.

I gave you a badge. He must be a decent guy since for you to succeed here she has to keep dating him. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This Sunday, I am taking one of my buddy out for 18 holes of playing. He's been practicing at the range for about a month. He and I work out at the same gym and one day we started talking about other hobbies and the topic of golf came up. He wanted to try, but none of his other buddies play golf. I told him he should start with a lesson and some practice range time before heading out to the course. This Sunday is the D-day. Hopefully he'll get hooked the first time out. Like I did.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

This seems like a great concept. There are a couple of guys at work that don't play, but seem interested in the game, so they seem like good targets. My brother in law is also interested, but he lives in South Carolina, so that might be a bit bigger challenge. Nonetheless, I pledge to create a golfer in 2014.

Tyler Martin

I gave you a badge. He must be a decent guy since for you to succeed here she has to keep dating him. :)

He is a good guy, or else she wouldn't be dating him.  I have a feeling he'll be around for a while, they are coming up on a year in May so we'll see.  He's a lefty so I've already given him a set of clubs and we're heading to the range on Saturday.

Joe Paradiso

I actually already talked to two people maybe three that are interested. Now i just need winter to end and the course to open up here in the north, than i can get started.

Would like to know if there's a thread for follow ups or if they should be posted on this thread?

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Well got to golf today 9 holes walking,course and greens were soaked and the ground was still frozen.  took ATP out and for a first time on the course, he was not too bad, except a killer 60 deg slice off the tee box, but he was hitting some good length with those. If he gets it dialed in I will be in trouble I'd say i shot in the high 50's. I was 2 or 3 over,  and he'd be in the 80's, 4 or more over. I had never golfed this course but I knew it was flat. So I figured we were going to have to walk might as well make it easy. I called the owner and he said "put $10 in the mail slot, grab a pull-cart and go"..."There is some debris on the course and greens, but it is very playable"  after about 5 holes ATP was starting to "think golf" just like we all do and that is great. He is a very smart guy and he'll figure it out before I ever did.

• Administrator

This is going to be difficult for me. I'm basically looking at having to do this inside of about four months, by the looks of the weather. :)

Note: This thread is 3398 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!