IGNORED

Myrtle Beach Golf Course Recommendation

Note: This thread is 2999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Next week will be our first MB golf trip. Already have Caledonia booked for Saturday and The Ocean Course @ Kiawah Island for Monday. For Sunday we are debating between Tidewater and Grand Dunes - Resort Course. Which course would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

I prefer Grande Dunes - if you are in that area i would say see about getting the Dunes Club as it is better then either one of the others. IMO

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

the Ocean course is a great round of golf as well, think about taking a change of cloths and having dinner there as well.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

the Ocean course is a great round of golf as well, think about taking a change of cloths and having dinner there as well.

Where do you recommend dining at?

We've had these dining recommendations for Charleston: Cypress, Magnolias, and 82 Queen …thoughts?

Thanks for the advice. We decided to give Tidewater a try on Sunday. Caledonia Saturday and The Ocean Course on Monday. Might sneak in a round before our flight on Tuesday but we'll see. Hopefully the weather is decent, although, coming from MN anything will feel better than our below zero temps.

We've had these dining recommendations for Charleston: Cypress, Magnolias, and 82 Queen…thoughts?

don't know any of the above. we had a very good meal at the ocean course when we played it, showered up first and had a great night. that is the best i got for you in that area.

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

• 1 month later...

We just got our courses reserved, playing the following courses this weekend;

Blackmoor

Wicked Stick

Litchfield

Wachesaw East

I've never played any of these before, are they any good, any advice?  Thanks in advance.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

~~Wachesaw  - I could be mistaken, but I believe that the LPGA had an event at that course many years ago - I once saw Annika and Laura Davies play in their heyday -  of course, they played from the "up" tees -seemed like every par 4 was 360 yds..... .my favorite course, and really representative of the area was Tidewater. Really scenic and enjoyable round of golf.

Blackmoor

Wicked Stick

Litchfield

Wachesaw East

I've never played any of these before, are they any good, any advice?  Thanks in advance.

You should have asked before you booked.

We played at the Legends earlier this year.  Oyster Bay, Heritage Club, Moorland,  other rounds rained out :(

Legends has a little pub called the Ailse if your staying there.  Staff was great at the pub and put up with our rowdy group...  Courses were great.  Heritage was my favorite of the 3 we played, though many said it was Oyster Bay.

Barefoot also had some great courses, Fazio, Love, Dye Club, Norman Course...  Love and Dye club were my two favorite there.

Big Cat Courses: , Tigers eye, Lions Paw, Cougar Chase (wait, that wasn't a golf course that was after the rounds), Leopards Chase...  Again, all good courses, but I liked Barefoot and Legends better...

I would rank them Legends, Barefoot, Big Cat.....  but if your in Myrtle beach, you're not going to mess it up but so bad...  All the courses are good, and it beats being at home or work.

EATS:  I can't think of the name of it but there is a Brazilian steakhouse that is all you can eat awesomeness...  might be Rio's or Rioz I can't remember...

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I thought Tidewater was overrated. I agree with previous poster and think the Barefoot courses and Legend courses were very good. Caledonia is a must play but be sure to play True Blue or the Heritage when you are out on Pawley's island. The guys planning trips for 36 holes a day better be sure to plan your courses geographically. Caledonia is 54 miles from Oyster Bay

I liked the Legends courses as well. Played the 3 that are onsite and pretty nice courses. Slow rounds though. Really...painfully...slow....rounds. They have some decent deals too. Me and my wife went up. 3 nights, 4 days for around $1K I believe. 3 rounds, breakfast buffet on site, all the range balls you want, free lunch voucher with 2 drinks. Not bad.

James

We've had these dining recommendations for Charleston: Cypress, Magnolias, and 82 Queen…thoughts?

If you are in the mood for some good Seafood hit up the Flying Fish Market next to the Barefoot Resort...good eats!

Blackmoor

Wicked Stick

Litchfield

Wachesaw East

Blackmoor was great experience...designed by Mr. Gary Player

Litchfield also very nice

Not familiar with the others

My friend and I will have our 20th trip to Myrtle Beach this coming fall, so we've pretty much played them all.  (At least any you'd want to play.)

I would skip Wicked Stick, pretty boring course.  Oddly enough seemed to play really short, which ran counter to the whole John Daly "grip it and rip it" theme.

Wachesaw and Litchfield are pleasant enough and a good value, but won't blow you away.

Tidewater has 3 or 4 of the most stunning holes in the whole Myrtle Beach area, but the part of the course that goes through the woods is very standard fare.  Still, the few amazing holes it does have are awesome enough that I recommend it to those that haven't played there before.

Blackmoor is better-than-average, but has a couple of "goofy golf" type holes that detract from the overall experience.

You should have asked before you booked.

I didn't book them, so I didn't have any input on which ones we played.  Just got back, had a great time, though some of the courses were not in the best condition.

Blackmoor - As @scerpico22 stated this is a Gary Player course.  It was a nice course but the greens were covered in tree buds and not rolled which made putting time consuming and painful.

Wicked Stick - A John Daly course, the fairways were wide open as it's an out and back course.  A few signature water holes made it interesting but the greens were diseased and in very poor shape.  Definitely the worst of the courses we played.

Litchfield - fun course, fairways and greens were in very good shape.  A fair amount of water and woods to ensure you kept the ball on or very near the fairway.  The greens were in good shape but very inconsistent in terms of stimp.

Wachesaw East - Former LPGA tournament location as @Rick Martin shared.  Course was in great shape, greens were fast.  Not an overly difficult course if you practiced course management.  If you like to grip it and rip it, there was plenty of water and woods to hit into.

Would rank them; 1) Litchfield   2) Wachesaw East    3) Blackmoor    4) Wicked Stick

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2999 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!