IGNORED

2014 Honda Classic Discussion Thread

TourSpoon
Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And then hits one of the worst putts I've ever seen from a PGA Pro.

Yup. Rory now bunkered in a bad spot on 17. Downslope, water long. Tiger has to be absolutely kicking himself right now. Clubhouse leader at -8, -8 or -9 could win it or playoff.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rory follows up a double with a leave on a downhill lie in the bunker on 17. I predict the champion will be named Russell.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

If it is true, it is incredibly tough to play with nerve pain.

What the heck! Rory will get it given back to him!

I agree, but I think it was just an excuse for his poor playing.

I know you won't give him the benefit of the doubt. It would be hard to say. The poor play could certainly be from the back and bending over to putt with a bad back can be vicious.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

And then hits one of the worst putts I've ever seen from a PGA Pro.

Yup.

Rory now bunkered in a bad spot on 17. Downslope, water long.

Tiger has to be absolutely kicking himself right now. Clubhouse leader at -8, -8 or -9 could win it or playoff.

I doubt it. If Tiger could have played better I am sure he would have instead of the abysmal performance he had did have.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

The swing by Knox on the 18th tee was pathetic. I think Palmer probably feels pretty good that he's done.

Bill M

I doubt it. If Tiger could have played better I am sure he would have instead of the abysmal performance he had did have.

Kicking himself for the bad play, I mean. Not the injury. Anyway, solid out by Rory. Knox in a bad position.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Can they start engraving the "R" for the winner's first name on the trophy?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Bogey for Rory. Anything can happen on 18 though, of course. And Knox continues to butcher 18.

In my bag:

So Rory goes from needing birdie to win to birdie to tie, and that's only if neither of the Russells make birdie on 18. Knox won't now, after fatting it from the fairway bunker. These Guys Are Pathetic. (TM)

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Bogey for Rory.

Anything can happen on 18 though, of course.

They've been saying all week that, because of the reconsructed green on 17, that putt now goes right instead of toward the water. I would think they would have figured it out by now.

Bill M

I doubt it. Another 69 means Henley has to shoot 66 to beat him, Knox 65, Vegas 64, and anybody else 63 or better. I say 68 guarantees it, 69 probably still wins it for him and even a 70 gives him a good shot.

It's practically a 2 man race. :)

At this point, it looks like 73 would have been enough, and a 74 will still get him into a playoff!  (Unless Henley birdies 18, of course)

Crazy day.

Knox can still make par, but Henley and Rory are in great position on 18.

In my bag:

The final group is in the fairway. This is a match-play situation, and Henley is dormie. Rory has to take dead aim from his position.

The final group is in the fairway. This is a match-play situation, and Henley is dormie. Rory has to take dead aim from his position.

The long wait can't be doing them any good.

Bill M

Knox ties Palmer at -8.

In my bag:

That's as good as anyone can do.

Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!