IGNORED

Why is this happening?

freedrop
Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eamonn Darcy, Top 10 Ugliest Swings

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Looks like you're doing a smell test on your armpits and someone has inserted a driver into the equation ;) I'm not one to be giving advice but is there any physical limitations with the left arm? It looks like it just went straight up, and then up, and up another bit in the backswing. I'm sure the guys with the good advice would need more than a still pic.

Looks like you're doing a smell test on your armpits and someone has inserted a driver into the equation ;)

I'm not one to be giving advice but is there any physical limitations with the left arm?

It looks like it just went straight up, and then up, and up another bit in the backswing.

I'm sure the guys with the good advice would need more than a still pic.

hopefulhacker....it's not me...this guy caused one of the top 1980's PGA pros to break his putter.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

@freedrop , we're not here to play games. If you want people to take you seriously, we need to know what the "is" is in "why is this happening?" Why is [U]what[/U] happening?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because he was talented enough to make it work for him. If your point is that it's possible to hit a golf ball from a lot of different positions at the top I don't know that many people that would argue with you...Even though it would be moronic to aspire to try to do it that way when there are much more simple and more efficient ways.

Like this:

@freedrop, we're not here to play games. If you want people to take you seriously, we need to know what the "is" is in "why is this happening?"

Why is what happening?

Jamo...this swing was on 4 Ryder cup teams ,it may be the worst pro swing ever,how and why does it work?

Jamo...this swing was on 4 Ryder cup teams ,it may be the worst pro swing ever,how and why does it work?

Because the ball doesn't care what happens other than at impact. That and if you feed an Irishman enough Guinness, you'll see a lot of weird stuff. Some of it might even work.......for him.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

This swing breaks all the laws of golf .What makes this work??

• Administrator
@freedrop, we're not here to play games. If you want people to take you seriously, we need to know what the "is" is in "why is this happening?"

Why is what happening?

QFT.

This swing breaks all the laws of golf .What makes this work??

It breaks precisely none of them.

And he has all 5 Simple Keys®.

So ask a specific question, or attempt to make a specific point, or I'm locking this thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

iacas.....you are saying Eamonn is following all 5 keys.....it is possible there is more than one way to hit a ball without all 5 keys.

Because your small fragile mind can't comprehend anything required in the golf swing. In short you are SHALLOW, you only see the surface.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ok, so I don't know squat about Eamon Darcy, but his swing didn't look all that weird to me, minus the elbow position at the top. Can anyone enlighten me?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Because your small fragile mind can't comprehend anything required in the golf swing. In short you are SHALLOW, you only see the surface.

saevel125......I don't understand this attitude,unless it is being said all golf questions have been answered,this swing opens the door to more.

• Administrator
saevel125......I don't understand this attitude,unless it is being said all golf questions have been answered, this swing opens the door to more.

No, it doesn't.

You also don't understand what 5 Simple Keys® are if you think this swing either has more or less.

Is his head relatively steady (while making a good pivot)? Yes.

Is his weight/pressure forward at impact? Yes.

Does he have an inline impact condition? Yes.

Does he control his sweetspot path? Yes.

Does he control his clubface? Yes.

The end.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

saevel125......I don't understand this attitude,unless it is being said all golf questions have been answered,this swing opens the door to more.

you are getting the attitude because you just post an image, and ask why is this happening. Well he happens because it is his SWING, that is why. Why does Furyk have his weird swing? Why is Kutchar swing very flat? why is Fowler's swing loopy? Why did John Daly almost hit his knee with his driver? The answer is, NOTHING there is no answer. Its their own golf swing. It doesn't matter, they all look different. Yet they all have FIVE things that occur. Those five things have been isolated and studied by those who run this forum. Doesn't matter how you get there, some ways are easier, but if you get those 5 keys, then you will hit the ball the way you want to. Its not hard to understand. Its pretty much, "Oh yea that makes sense". Yet you have no sense to grasp this.

You show no initiative to actually learn anything, yet you challenge those who have and know what is happening. You challenge with what? Golf digest and The Golf Channel.

Or as the great Mark Twain put it,

"“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”"

Well you removed all doubt.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

iacas.....you are saying Eamonn is following all 5 keys.....it is possible there is more than one way to hit a ball without all 5 keys.

Eamonn  probably didn't "follow"all 5 keys... he just had them.

You seem to have something against the 5 keys... most pros mightn't know what the "5 Keys" are if you asked them, but they sure as hell do all of the 5 Keys excellently.

The keys are uniform, the swing doesn't have to be.

I don't think the guys are trying to convert everyone to one swing type... from what I see they work with what they have to get as many of the 5 things as good as possible.

Of course there is more than one way to hit a ball.

You can hit it: very badly, badly, average, good, very good, excellently

Eamonn  probably didn't "follow"all 5 keys... he just had them.

You seem to have something against the 5 keys... most pros mightn't know what the "5 Keys" are if you asked them, but they sure as hell do all of the 5 Keys excellently.

The keys are uniform, the swing doesn't have to be.

I don't think the guys are trying to convert everyone to one swing type... from what I see they work with what they have to get as many of the 5 things as good as possible.

Of course there is more than one way to hit a ball.

You can hit it: very badly, badly, average, good, very good, excellently

I think the 5 keys could be the simplest way of taking the average golfer and saying -if you want to hit the ball better,do this.It may not be the only way,but the simplest way ,which is what golf needs.

Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!