david_wedzik

Stop Aiming at the Flag!!!

433 posts / 39108 viewsLast Reply

25 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Pin is back, take the laser measurement and subtract 5 yards. Pin in the front, take the laser measurement and add 5 yards. There really isn't that many strange green complexes were you have to make crazy assumptions on how to get a safer landing area.

^This is how I play. The rangefinder is primarily there to help me figure the side to err. For example if center of green (regardless of where pin is) is 150 yards, then that is an in between distance (7i or 8i). If the pin is in the back (155-160), I will pull a 7i and if pin is in the front (140-145), I will pull an 8i.   

For me use of range finder has NOTHING to do with aiming at the flag. 

It is simple - I will use all information through every venue reasonably and quickly available to me. I don't have a GPS so I shoot edge of bunkers, trees, hazards, all sorts of things to understand my margin or error based on my shot zone. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!