IGNORED

Nike VR_S covert driver

blairgnz
Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone's thoughts on this club, was considering testing it, just wondered what people think about it

The originals or the 2.0 models?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

probably just the originals unless stage, purely for the pricing, unless there's any major advantages to the 2.0 series

I did a review of the originals a year ago: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/nike_vr_s_covert_and_covert_tour_drivers_review

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I did a review of the originals a year ago: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/nike_vr_s_covert_and_covert_tour_drivers_review

Cheers i'l check it out, from other reviews i've read, it seems to do everything they say it will and is very forgiving, which is something 'im looking for.

I bought one back in the fall when they went on big-time discount at Golf Town.  I really like it and the Kurokage shaft is just fantastic (for me anyway).  The tour model was my preference looks-wise but I had better numbers for spin and launch with the non-tour model so I went with that.

I tried the 2.0 versions as well but I just can't get past the looks.  It's probably all in the paint they chose but to me it just looks like it's made of cheap plastic or something.  The numbers I got were all but identical so no real reason for an upgrade.

Brad

• 4 months later...

I bought the original Covert back in Novemberfor a week long goldfing trip to Phoenix. I hit it what to knowledge was about the distance that I normally hit a driver, 260-270 or so when hit soldily, swing around 110 mph. I was playing it 9.5 degrees neutral. I did hit just about every ball on the starting line that I intended that week with a slight draw, and a slightly lower trajectory than I was used to. Had similar experiences with it again in April in Phoenix, hard low-med push draws, lots of runout, very accurate, not a lot of dispersion, the distance was probably a bit higher than 260-270, but  Iattributed that to the hard conditions. I lost one ball in 7 rounds off the tee on some farily difficult courses, so I was very pleased with my late fall purchase up to thatpoint.

However, once I started playing again in May in Seattle, I was very alarmed at my distance off the tee, probably somewhere aorund 240 or so on a solid hit. I was contuing to hit a lot of fairways, just was sitting about 2-3 clubs further than back tahn normal on a course I play a lot in Seattle. At first I chalked it up to the conditions being different in Seattle than Phoenix, but I wasn't playing any different carry distances with my long irons. So I started to mix in my 3 wood a bit off the tee to test distances on the same holes. I was surpised that I was hitting my TM 3 wood a very similar distance as my Covert driver. To further validate, I brought my old Razrhawk to compare distances to the Covert the next time i played. I am consistently hitting the Razrhawk about 30 yards further than the Covert, back to my normal 270 range. At least for me, there was a large distance loss in switching to the Covert. I'm sure it has to do with the stock shaft on the Covert, and if put in the same shaft that is on my Razrhawk they would be very similar I imagine. Just not worth spending a lot of money for driver that I only invested $150 in to begin with.

Note: This thread is 3574 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!