IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

Hey fellow So. Cal. and Nor Cal. (Notably @bplewis24 ) Sand Trappers,

My son and I had a real fun time at the Winter Outing, and are certainly up for and advocate for the next outing.

We had 20 people on the Winter outing, including some new faces. We need to plan for the Spring, which is coming really fast.

Come on, we have so many So. Cal. TST members, there's no reason why the outings can't be at least double the last one.

@Golfingdad 's dream about the "TST Invitational" should be a real possibility.

A suggested location is Black Gold in Yorba Linda .

Who's up for it?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm up for it, provided the timing works. Been wanting to play Black Gold, so that would be cool by me (not to mention the fact that its 24 minutes form my house, per the googles).

Wherever we play, we should probably try to get the round in in May, before the weather warms up too much, especially if we play somewhere inland.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

OK, so far we've had a suggestion for April (from @mdl ) and I'm totally cool with that.

As it's gone in the past, I think the first thing we need to try and do is lock down a date, then we can start kicking around courses.

Sundays in April are:

6th

13th

20th

27th

And May:

4th

11th

• Administrator
Sundays in April are: 6th 13th 20th 27th

Probably want to avoid Masters Sunday. That's when we have the chats… and, y'know, The Masters is on. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It was great to see the pics from last weekend, and I'm sorry I missed it.

Selfishly, I'm going to propose May as the preferred month for me. My wife's due date is March 28th, so I doubt that I will be golfing at all in April. I believe that May would also accommodate mdl's timeframe?

Perhaps late April or early May?

Probably want to avoid Masters Sunday.

My wife's due date is March 28th, so I doubt that I will be golfing at all in April. I believe that May would also accommodate mdl's timeframe?

OK, then let's narrow it down a bit to:

April 27th (its practically May, Colin :-P )

May 4th

May 11th (This is Mother's Day - probably not a good idea)

May 18th

I'm gonna vote for May 4th....Should be able to get my Cinco de Mayo on early :banana:

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

I'm gonna vote for May 4th....Should be able to get my Cinco de Mayo on early :banana:

I second May 4th, my son will be 6 months old so I should be able to get a hall pass. Black Gold is a great course, and fairly long at 6,700 / 133 from the tips. [URL=http://www.greenskeeper.org/southern_california/orange_county/Black_Gold_Golf_Club/scorecard.cfm]http://www.greenskeeper.org/southern_california/orange_county/Black_Gold_Golf_Club/scorecard.cfm[/URL] Brad

May 4th works at this time for us.

Also just to put this out there what about going a little south or west?

Seems everything is east, sunny CA by the beach sounds fun. For us we seem to be in the middle no matter what course is picked so no big deal.

Mike seems to always have a long drive?

Sorry I have not played that way so I don't have any course to offer.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

May 4th works at this time for us.

Also just to put this out there what about going a little south or west?

Seems everything is east, sunny CA by the beach sounds fun. For us we seem to be in the middle no matter what course is picked so no big deal.

Mike seems to always have a long drive?

Sorry I have not played that way so I don't have any course to offer.

I was thinking we'd save the beach side rounds for the summer (I know I won't be headed to the I.E. come July). Desert makes sense in the winter, and spring and fall should be fine wherever....

Just chiming in here so I can follow the thread; I'm in Augusta March 10 thru June 30, but I'd love to make it otherwise.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

April is a hard one for me with Coachella Fest being in my area and work being super busy, so those two weekends would be out for me.  The following weekend is the Stagecoach Festival and is just as busy, so that eliminates me from all but the first weekend in April.

It seems like the first weekend in May works for everybody so far, and it works for me as well. I say May 4th; unless we want to do a Saturday this time... that would be fine by me as well.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

OK, so we have 6 yes votes for May 4th, and zero no votes.

I say we lock it down then!!  @tristanhilton85 or @mvmac , do you guys want to add that to the thread title?

Done.

Now we need to figure out course. A few have mentioned Black Gold in Yorba Linda. That looks like a good one to me, although me and Mike will both have a bit of a drive; it seems like it is pretty close for most everybody else.

Any other suggestions?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Any other suggestions?

I know @mdl mentioned some Temecula courses in the other thread.

Just to be clear: I'm 100% for Black Gold!

Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!