IGNORED

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

Lihu
Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What course should we hold this outing at?

• Red Hawk (Temecula)
    • Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
    • Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
    • Other (Please specify in post)

So how about some closest to the pin for this event? This add-on always gives the round a little more exciting on the par 3's. I'll sponsor a hole if we can get three more for the others. We can agree on a price limit for the prize for each hole; like $15 or $20.

Can we take the number of feet taken off by our handicap in feet?

For example, if I were 30 feet from the pin, could I have 17.3 feet taken off my actual distance to give me a "normalized" distance of 12.7 feet?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For example, if I were 30 feet from the pin, could I have 17.3 feet taken off my actual distance to give me a "normalized" distance of 12.7 feet?

No.

I would go for certain handicaps being given the choice to substitute in a handicap stroke of theirs for the option to play a tee or two up on the Par 3's. ie. blues to whites, or golds. That way you're giving a stroke for a yardage advantage which would make it interesting and risky. For example again, at Black Gold GC, hole #7 plays 149yds from the blues and you would substitute one handicap stroke for the opportunity to hit from the golds which is 129yds.

So, anybody else think that Steven Bowditch looks a little like @Bechambo ??

@tristanhilton85 ... any word from the course?

Do you think I have big eyebrows?

So, anybody else think that Steven Bowditch looks a little like @Bechambo ??

@tristanhilton85 ... any word from the course?

Just talked with them... Were set for Sunday, May 4th, with the first group out at 10 am. Cost is $75/player and includes cart and range balls.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Mmm... golf on Star Wars Day. This will be fantastic. Looking forward to it. Did we decide if some of us are doing a pre-meetup a week or two before?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just talked with them... Were set for Sunday, May 4th, with the first group out at 10 am. Cost is $75/player and includes cart and range balls.

Thanks Tristan, will be there.

Justin just played there twice with his school the past couple weeks, liked the course was a bit warm no tree but had a good time.

Not sure what I will do if there are no trees to hit? :loco:

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Mmm... golf on Star Wars Day. This will be fantastic. Looking forward to it.

Did we decide if some of us are doing a pre-meetup a week or two before?

Spoke to Lihu this morning yep there will be a pre-outing, now will just need to set a day?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Still in the works, I am trying to plan something with @hacker101 , you and anyone else interested.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

At first, I though this was a typo. In looking it up: "May the 4th be with you. . ." :smartass:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

At first, I though this was a typo. In looking it up: "May the 4th be with you. . ."

That is surprising.  I'd think that day would be a big deal, perhaps even a quasi-holiday, amongst droid robot makers. :beer:

That is surprising.  I'd think that day would be a big deal, perhaps even a quasi-holiday, amongst droid robot makers.

Yeah, I suppose I should know more about it considering our founder and CEO was watching "Star Wars" while he was a student at MIT and exclaimed "I can build that robot!" He was referring to the little floor cleaning robot in the "Death Star".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

New to posting on TST, read some and spend time on a couple other forums (fora ?).

I'm a snowbird and spend winters in Desert Hot Springs ( Mission Lakes CC-where the wind REALLY blows.

I'd like to throw my hat in the mix for the 4th and meet some of the local SoCal group.

Count me in for the May 4th at BlackGold.

Jeff

An armed society is a polite society--Robert Heinlein

Still in the works, I am trying to plan something with @hacker101, you and anyone else interested.

I'd be up for joining you on a "pre-run" of the course.

Have played Hidden Valley, Champions Club and Tukwet Legends (out of the C.V.) along with a couple muni tracks on the west side of the pass.

I'll keep an eye on the thread for arrangements being made.

Jeff

An armed society is a polite society--Robert Heinlein

New to posting on TST, read some and spend time on a couple other forums (fora ?). I'm a snowbird and spend winters in Desert Hot Springs ( Mission Lakes CC-where the wind REALLY blows. I'd like to throw my hat in the mix for the 4th and meet some of the local SoCal group. Count me in for the May 4th at BlackGold. Jeff

Welcome!!! Great to see new members eager to join our group. Can't wait to meet you on the fourth!

New to posting on TST, read some and spend time on a couple other forums (fora ?).

I'm a snowbird and spend winters in Desert Hot Springs ( Mission Lakes CC-where the wind REALLY blows.

I'd like to throw my hat in the mix for the 4th and meet some of the local SoCal group.

Count me in for the May 4th at BlackGold.

Jeff

Welcome! Look forward to meeting you next month.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!