IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas

Note: This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Isn't that the White House? And if so, why aren't people getting that?

Well now I feel stupid. :doh: I was only thinking of places in NYC.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i thought about it being the White House, but I have never seen a pic of it at night, plus for some reason, it looks to ....well plain to me.. :loco:

If that's home I'm POTUS. Woohoo! Yep, WH from bench in park. Thought the 5-0 car might be a giveaway. Always forget what a great place to visit DC is. Can you say Biden?

If that's home I'm POTUS. Woohoo! Yep, WH from bench in park. Thought the 5-0 car might be a giveaway. Always forget what a great place to visit DC is. Can you say Biden?

I lived there for a few years. Golf is EXPENSIVE. That's why I moved to Ohio. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Disturbing that kids could be influenced by a fictitious character to commit something like this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pre-teens-stab-12-year-old-19-times-girls-trying-to-appease-fabled-creature

Wow... that's just sad.

Disturbing that kids could be influenced by a fictitious character to commit something like this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/pre-teens-stab-12-year-old-19-times-girls-trying-to-appease-fabled-creature

They're going to be tried as adults, as they should be, too. I keep hearing people saying how "insane" it is that they are being charged as adults. I don't think it's insane to charge a 12 year old as an adult when they're premeditating a heinous crime such as this. Stabbing somebody 19 times is not a "oops, I'm just a kid!" mistake. That's a sick and twisted plot that you ran through your crazy head many times. I'm usually quiet on topics like this, but people defending these girls are insane in my opinion. Lock these witches up and melt the key.

My daughter got a speeding ticket tonight. SON OF A :censored: !

Been there! Except I got my call late night from a sheepish daughter 100+ miles away (somewhere she wasn't supposed to be). That brush with the law set her straight- that's the good from it all. Friggin kids.

Been there! Except I got my call late night from a sheepish daughter 100+ miles away (somewhere she wasn't supposed to be). That brush with the law set her straight- that's the good from it all. Friggin kids.

Did she lose her license/permit?  In MA, new drivers under 18 can lose their license for six months if they get a ticket.  My son avoided that.

Did she lose her license/permit?  In MA, new drivers under 18 can lose their license for six months if they get a ticket.  My son avoided that.

I imagine the state will suspend her license for 30-90 days, but despite that, her dad has already taken it until further notice. I hate to do it, but...

I imagine the state will suspend her license for 30-90 days, but despite that, her dad has already taken it until further notice. I hate to do it, but...

How fast was she going?

I had a 2000 Ford SVT Lightning that was putting out 585 rwhp to the ground. I bought it stock at 19 and did the work myself. After owning it for nearly 4 years, I never had one speeding ticket. I traded that in for a Ford Fusion when I got married and had a kid and I ended up getting 2 speeding tickets in the first damn week! Talk about embarrassing... 83 in a 60 and 29 in a 25... (the second cop was a douche).

How fast was she going?

I had a 2000 Ford SVT Lightning that was putting out 585 rwhp to the ground. I bought it stock at 19 and did the work myself. After owning it for nearly 4 years, I never had one speeding ticket. I traded that in for a Ford Fusion when I got married and had a kid and I ended up getting 2 speeding tickets in the first damn week! Talk about embarrassing... 83 in a 60 and 29 in a 25... (the second cop was a douche).

67 in a 55. It's really up to the juvenile judge as to what the punishment will be. Hopefully they'll be lenient. She's a good kid, just was in a rush to get to her friends grad party.

They're going to be tried as adults, as they should be, too. I keep hearing people saying how "insane" it is that they are being charged as adults. I don't think it's insane to charge a 12 year old as an adult when they're premeditating a heinous crime such as this. Stabbing somebody 19 times is not a "oops, I'm just a kid!" mistake. That's a sick and twisted plot that you ran through your crazy head many times. I'm usually quiet on topics like this, but people defending these girls are insane in my opinion. Lock these witches up and melt the key.

I am not totally sure I agree with this. The two girls were obviously influenced by an outside source, which being only 12 years old could be taken as they were not sound of mind when they committed this crime. Being 12 years old they are clearly still impressionable and this fictional story clearly influenced them into killing their friend. If the girls believed this character from this fictional story was real and influenced their actions, then that is very similar to Schizophrenia. Being 12 years old, I rather see these children get mental help rather than locking them up for 60 years. Premeditation does not discount insanity.

67 in a 55. It's really up to the juvenile judge as to what the punishment will be. Hopefully they'll be lenient. She's a good kid, just was in a rush to get to her friends grad party.

Yea, 12 over in a 55 will do that to ya. Especially if you are on the state highways going through those small villages and towns. Both my speeding tickets are from small village towns who happen to have their corp limit along a state highway.

In VA, there's a point system and then judge often assigns them mandatory remedial class. She was 12 over the speed limit late at night on windy road. No alcohol (never worried about her drinking). She was just crazy in love and racing to get home before we knew how far she had gone. She rarely got car privileges after that. She earned her own car thru hard work after that episode, and the whole thing scared her straight!

I almost never drive over the speed limit but got a ticket in 1985 for going 68 in a 55. The kicker was that I was only going 45 mph and had just turned onto that road.

I saw a trooper on top of a hill and there was a semi coming up behind me really fast. He went from out of sight to right on my bumper in about a quarter mile.

I was thinking that he doesn't see the trooper up on the hill and is going to get a ticket. Sure enough the trooper hit his blue lights and pulled in behind the semi. Much to my surprise the trooper passed the semi and pulled me over.

After he told me I was going 68 mph I was flabbergasted and told him I was only going 45 mph because I had just turned onto that road. I also told him the truck behind me was going really fast.

He said "How do you know he was going fast if he was behind you?" I told him he went from out of sight to right on my bumper in a quarter mile. He didn't buy it at all and wrote me a ticket.

My first stop when I got to town was to a lawyer's office. I told him what happened and asked him what I should do because I absolutely wasn't speeding. He said I could demand a jury trial and take my chances but his advice was to pay the fine and forget about it.

Bad as I hated it that's what I did.

Funny thing was that the next year that trooper was on my softball team (but he didn't remember me). One day in the dugout he was telling stories about all of the stories he had heard from people trying to get out of a ticket. After listening for a while I told him that I knew for a fact that at least one of those people was actually telling the truth because it was me.

Note: This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!