IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/738#post_1088662"]   This will be our first real vacation in over 10 years . Driving to the maritimes every summer to visit the parents doesn't count. Kids are staying with Grandma. :beer: [/QUOTE] WHOA! Talk about well deserved. I hope you have a fantastic time and indulge in many rum drinks with those mini umbrellas. My brother goes to Punta Cana every year...the pictures he takes are marvelous. that's the difference between a "senior software engineer" (him), and "a guy that does odd jobs at a local television station." (me)

Thanks bro. Really look forward to it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are you doing for New Years Eve?

We were just going to go to a movie and go home early, but the wife just committed to going out to dinner with a small group. Still going home early, I hope.

Bill M

Stay in and eat something good. Just can't go out NYE anymore, everything is so crowded and expensive. Last time we went out for NYE I booked a res at Capital Grill and it was $340 before tip, food was just okay. I can toss a prime rib in the over for less than it would be to eat at TGIF.

Dave :-)

What are you doing for New Years Eve?

We were just going to go to a movie and go home early, but the wife just committed to going out to dinner with a small group. Still going home early, I hope.

My wife and I are taking an early flight tomorrow to Orlando to meet up with some friends for the MN Gopher bowl game! Looking forward to getting out of the cold and enjoying a long, warm weekend!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Tomorrow I'm going to a funeral for a 14 yr old friend of my daughter who shot herself Christmas evening. Will be the saddest funeral I've ever attended. I just wish these kids could understand that tomorrow or next week or next month are not too far away and things will always look better down the road. And, I wish she had found a way to confide in someone. Talk to your kids, dammit! I'm not blaming the parents here but jeez, there must have been clues. Devastating. Apologies for bringing down the mood but got it off my chest.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Tomorrow I'm going to a funeral for a 14 yr old friend of my daughter who shot herself Christmas evening. Will be the saddest funeral I've ever attended.

I just wish these kids could understand that tomorrow or next week or next month are not too far away and things will always look better down the road.

And, I wish she had found a way to confide in someone. Talk to your kids, dammit! I'm not blaming the parents here but jeez, there must have been clues. Devastating.

Apologies for bringing down the mood but got it off my chest.

That is horrible, but I have to tell you there are not always clues. Nobody knew my uncle was depressed, let alone suicidal until his son found him. It is indeed, very sad to lose someone so young.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Tomorrow I'm going to a funeral for a 14 yr old friend of my daughter who shot herself Christmas evening. Will be the saddest funeral I've ever attended. I just wish these kids could understand that tomorrow or next week or next month are not too far away and things will always look better down the road. And, I wish she had found a way to confide in someone. Talk to your kids, dammit! I'm not blaming the parents here but jeez, there must have been clues. Devastating. Apologies for bringing down the mood but got it off my chest.

Well thats the point isnt it?. I am sorry for your loss.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

That's a really hard age for teens, this is so sad. I have no words to describe how I feel about a loss like this to the family. I wish the best for your daughter to get through this difficult time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

That's a really hard age for teens, this is so sad. I have no words to describe how I feel about a loss like this to the family. I wish the best for your daughter to get through this difficult time.

Thank you Lihu, she's handling it pretty well. It has been a sad week.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Sorry For your loss. These things are never easy.

- Shane

Sorry For your loss. These things are never easy.

[quote name="trickyputt" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/760_40#post_1089595"] Well thats the point isnt it?. I am sorry for your loss.[/quote] Thanks very much. Just want to clarify, it wasn't necessarily my loss, I didn't know her well. My daughter hadn't been very close with her for a couple years, although they were still friends. It is a great loss to all of us when a sweet innocent little girl has so much pain that she feels this was the only solution. Who knows what she might have contributed to society? Damn.

Thanks very much. Just want to clarify, it wasn't necessarily my loss, I didn't know her well. My daughter hadn't been very close with her for a couple years, although they were still friends. It is a great loss to all of us when a sweet innocent little girl has so much pain that she feels this was the only solution. Who knows what she might have contributed to society? Damn.

Maybe so, but I know when my kids are hurt, I am hurt. Our friends son ended his life last spring. It makes no sense to me. The hardest part was watching my kids look at all the pictures of them playing together when they were little.

- Shane

Just FYI, depression is an illness. It's entirely possible for parents to know full well that their kids are in trouble and to do everything in their power to help them and have it still not be enough.

My wife and I are taking an early flight tomorrow to Orlando to meet up with some friends for the MN Gopher bowl game! Looking forward to getting out of the cold and enjoying a long, warm weekend!

My New Years Eve will be spent living vicariously through butt3r3dt0ast and Ernerst Jones.

Both the wife and I  get up at 5 in the morning for work on New Years Day. Double time and a half though for both of us.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Thanks very much. Just want to clarify, it wasn't necessarily my loss, I didn't know her well. My daughter hadn't been very close with her for a couple years, although they were still friends.

It is a great loss to all of us when a sweet innocent little girl has so much pain that she feels this was the only solution. Who knows what she might have contributed to society? Damn.

Sad. Depression can be devastating. I just hope that other kids don't get the message that it is an option when they are troubled.

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther

Tomorrow I'm going to a funeral for a 14 yr old friend of my daughter who shot herself Christmas evening. Will be the saddest funeral I've ever attended.

I just wish these kids could understand that tomorrow or next week or next month are not too far away and things will always look better down the road.

And, I wish she had found a way to confide in someone. Talk to your kids, dammit! I'm not blaming the parents here but jeez, there must have been clues. Devastating.

Apologies for bringing down the mood but got it off my chest.

Just FYI, depression is an illness. It's entirely possible for parents to know full well that their kids are in trouble and to do everything in their power to help them and have it still not be enough.

QFT. Struggling with some of this now, and we are darn near the "everything in our power" part you mention- not sure it's enough.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 3208 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!