IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

RIP Don Zimmer.

"I never managed by the book because I never read the book." (Don Zimmer)

He truly was the Forest Gump of baseball.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/news/20140605/don-zimmer-yankees-cubs-red-sox-dodgers-obituary/

Sad. RIP.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At the hospital with my wife! Waiting for my daughter to be born! I didn't think I'd be nervous the second time, but damn I was wrong! (I have a 2 1/2 year old boy). They laughed when I aske for Valium :(

At the hospital with my wife! Waiting for my daughter to be born! I didn't think I'd be nervous the second time, but damn I was wrong! (I have a 2 1/2 year old boy). They laughed when I aske for Valium :(

CONGRATS!!! :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

You'll do fine. Congrats and good luck!

- Shane

Just caught the last inning of the Texas vs. Houston college baseball game.

Down 4 to 2  with a man on first and 2 outs Houston brings in a pinch hitter that's 1 for 21 on the year.

Reminded me of this clip at 2:47.

"Obviously Taylor's thinking...I don't know what the Hell he's thinking!"

Didn't end as well though because now the pinch hitter is 1 for 22.

Just caught the last inning of the Texas vs. Houston college baseball game.

Down 4 to 2  with a man on first and 2 outs Houston brings in a pinch hitter that's 1 for 21 on the year.

Reminded me of this clip at 2:47.

"Obviously Taylor's thinking...I don't know what the Hell he's thinking!"

Didn't end as well though because now the pinch hitter is 1 for 22.

Man I haven't seen those movies in years!!! Classics!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

A public service announcement...

Those were some of the funniest commercials ever. Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Those were some of the funniest commercials ever.  Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.

I'm gonna go Terry Tate on some people here at work if they don't stop leaving a half cup in pot. The pain train is comin. Whoo whoo! :-)

- Shane

Happy Father's Day to all who suffer the trials and tribulations of parenthood with me.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

^^^ Ditto. Trials and tribulations but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Enjoy it while you can. Turn around a couple of times and they are out of the house and on their own. First Fathers Day for me without my dad. Wish I could wish him a happy Fathers Day one more time.

Mother f***er!!!!!!!!!!!! Espn guy just told me that Tony Gwynn (54 years old) has died (cancer)!!

Damn.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Mother f***er!!!!!!!!!!!! Espn guy just told me that Tony Gwynn (54 years old) has died (cancer)!!

I just heard that this morning as well.

Really, really good hitter and always seemed like a really likeable guy.

RIP.

Napoleon complex? :-D

I always knew the 6' 5" ref was more likely to have the attitude of "Quit whining and play ball" and the 5' 5" ref had the attitude that "I'm going to make this game about ME".

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/study-referees-have-napoleon-complex-short-officials-call-more-fouls-could-impact-gambling-060914

Nothing like getting an early morning page that the servers are down and walking into work to find half the lights are out and no power to the computer room. Apparently there is a broken underground cable in the hood. Probably not going to be fixed until later.

The good news, there is a men's guest stag at the club this afternoon. :-D

- Shane

Any of you guys snake experts?

I heard my wife yell this morning when she was cleaning out the pool skimmer and she came in and said a snake was in the skimmer basket and it tried to bite her.

I went out to have a look and from the color it could have been either a ground rattler or a northern pine snake but I wasn't sure so I got some of those things you take spaghetti out of a pot with and reached in and grabbed it.

It really got pissed off and was trying to strike at me but I was going to just take it down in the field and let it go. It slipped out of the prongs onto the ground so I tried to shoo it away toward the hay field but it came at me. My natural reaction was to whack it mid-strike in the head with the spaghetti grabbers and it killed it deader than a hammer.

Pretty sure it wasn't a ground rattler because when I pried it's mouth open I couldn't see any fangs (unless they were folded back in). Hard to tell because it's mouth was bloody from being hit in the head. Plus the head really didn't look like a poisonous snake.

I've seen quite a few timber rattlers and diamondbacks around here but have seen a ground rattler in so long I wouldn't know one if I saw it (I don't think) and they don't have rattles.

Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!