IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't care if people pay to get that stuff done, just so they actually know how to do it if needed. I'm astonished at how ignorant young men are these days. I changed a lady's tire on the side of the road once, and she was there with a teenage son, maybe 14, and neither of them had a clue what to do. And listen, I'm a girly girl. Just because you're girly doesn't mean you have to be ignorant or helpless in the world.  Get that pocket knife. Highly recommend Case. They are so tight. Worth every penny.

Yes, I worry that I didn't teach my son enough handyman stuff, like my dad taught me. We live in a disposable society these days; if it breaks, throw it out and get another or pay someone to fix it. There are a lot of benefits in the technological advances that have been achieved; I marvel at them almost daily, but I do miss those simpler times. I'll look into that Case. I remember Gerber being a pretty high quality blade as well, no idea if that still holds true. :)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We have to teach young men how to be handy, and girls too! Sure, most of the time we can just hire someone to fix things for us, and there is nothing wrong with that. But what happens when you are in a fix? At the very least, learning basic handyman skills teaches you to IMPROVISE.

Yes, Gerber has always made good blades. I admit I'm partial to Case because my dad was a Buck collector but he would never give me a knife because he was afraid I would cut off my arm. So when I bought my own, I chose Case. But they are extremely high quality. The blades open smothely and they have a very satisfying "snap" when they close.

I totally recommend this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-XX-60182-Sparxx-White-Synthetic-Trapper-Pocket-Knife/301157031490?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28774%26meid%3Dc2f7812b572844fd985cfee52f6fe2ae%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D151619938450&rt;=nc

I have the "mini" version of this one, which is more petite.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 5 Hybrid
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron
Adams a70S Hybrid Gap Wedge
Adams Lady Fairway 1007 Putter

I love the smell of that PVC glue.

I think that's ok. When you don't smell it anymore, then it should make you nervous...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

We have to teach young men how to be handy, and girls too! Sure, most of the time we can just hire someone to fix things for us, and there is nothing wrong with that. But what happens when you are in a fix? At the very least, learning basic handyman skills teaches you to IMPROVISE.  Yes, Gerber has always made good blades. I admit I'm partial to Case because my dad was a Buck collector but he would never give me a knife because he was afraid I would cut off my arm. So when I bought my own, I chose Case. But they are extremely high quality. The blades open smothely and they have a very satisfying "snap" when they close.  I totally recommend this one:[URL=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-XX-60182-Sparxx-White-Synthetic-Trapper-Pocket-Knife/301157031490?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28774%26meid%3Dc2f7812b572844fd985cfee52f6fe2ae%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D151619938450&rt;=nc] http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-XX-60182-Sparxx-White-Synthetic-Trapper-Pocket-Knife/301157031490?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28774%26meid%3Dc2f7812b572844fd985cfee52f6fe2ae%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D151619938450&rt;=nc[/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/115925/] [/URL] I have the "mini" version of this one, which is more petite.

Moxie will you post a pic of your left ring finger? These fellows North of Montgomery need clarity.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

My left ring finger has nothing on it except the remnants of a scratch the pup put on it the other day. Happily divorced three years now.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron

He was supposed to be a little dog. Something went wrong.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron

OMG, the best thing happened because of golf!

I'll try to sum up: I work for a company that builds tiny houses. I am only the office person, not sales, but the sales guy asked for help because somehow two different customers were showing up at the same time. I was given the dude who has a "campground."

Now, we're crazy at work because we're going to be on Tiny House Nation and they are here filming this ridiculous house with a $3K toilet. Not kidding. So on my way back and forth today, I picked up my mail and my new switchblade divot tool was in the mail. Whee! I put it in my pocket.

So, "campground" dude shows up. He's a baller. He's gonna buy a lot of units. Wants to see the owner, so I take him over. THAT'S when he pulls out his card, and he doesn't own a campground. He owns a GOLF RESORT. So I said, "then you know what this is" and pulled out my awesome divot tool. *SWITCH*

Now all the sudden we're talking about cabins designed for foursomes to "stay and play" and all that shiz. We're talking PGA Village. He's telling me about a lady golfer who stays there on the reg with no partner, and he wants to hook us up. He's digging in his truck and giving me an armload of shag balls he pulled off the course. It's off the hook. And my Big Boss, president of the company, is looking at me like I'm a genie popped up fresh out of the bottle.

ALL BECAUSE I HAD A DIVOT TOOL IN MY POCKET!

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron

OMG, the best thing happened because of golf!  I'll try to sum up: I work for a company that builds tiny houses. I am only the office person, not sales, but the sales guy asked for help because somehow two different customers were showing up at the same time. I was given the dude who has a "campground." Now, we're crazy at work because we're going to be on Tiny House Nation and they are here filming this ridiculous house with a $3K toilet. Not kidding. So on my way back and forth today, I picked up my mail and my new switchblade divot tool was in the mail. Whee! I put it in my pocket. So, "campground" dude shows up. He's a baller. He's gonna buy a lot of units. Wants to see the owner, so I take him over. THAT'S when he pulls out his card, and he doesn't own a campground. He owns a GOLF RESORT. So I said, "then you know what this is" and pulled out my awesome divot tool. *SWITCH* Now all the sudden we're talking about cabins designed for foursomes to "stay and play" and all that shiz. We're talking PGA Village. He's telling me about a lady golfer who stays there on the reg with no partner, and he wants to hook us up. He's digging in his truck and giving me an armload of shag balls he pulled off the course. It's off the hook. And my Big Boss, president of the company, is looking at me like I'm a genie popped up fresh out of the bottle.  ALL BECAUSE I HAD A DIVOT TOOL IN MY POCKET!

Outstanding! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Thanks! It was serendipity. You should have seen the old fella's face light up! Apparently he has a daughter on golf scholarship down at South Alabama.

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron

I always thought mine might possibly have use as personal protection, or a bottle opener, but who knew?

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/116045/] [/URL]

Wow, tremendous! Edit: actually meant to quote your original comment, not the divot tool. I mean, it's an ok tool but I wouldn't classify it "tremendous."

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Lol, no worries. It's just really neat when you find some small thing that can make a connection. In this case it was golf, and I was just lucky that I had the tool, straight out of the mailbox, to make that connection.

What's funny is that I hadn't told my Big Boss that I have a trip to Florida next month. Sprung it on him with the customer. Somehow, I think he won't mind. I got a big hug and a "you're doing good, girl!" from the Man.

Side note: I really love my job. This may be the first time in my life I have felt this way. I was obsessed with the whole tiny house "movement" for a few years now before this job came up, so it was like kismet. I love the whole idea of living more efficiently, and it's really like the set of clubs I have put together to play that PGA Village short course. Yes, I've "played," but not really. This will be my first real playing and learning experience, and I have no excess. I have exactly what I need, and it's quality. That is the whole point. Have what you need, and make it quality. After that, there is no obstacle to enjoying life!

In the bag:
Lady Tiger Shark 9 Iron

:-(

A day before my plane-fearing wife and I fly to California for a vacation...a flight of 150 people in France goes down in the alps. It's hard enough convincing her to fly without this.

RIP to all the deceased in the crash.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

:-( A day before my plane-fearing wife and I fly to California for a vacation...a flight of 150 people in France goes down in the alps. It's hard enough convincing her to fly without this.  RIP to all the deceased in the crash.

I just saw that report on tv. Its always horrible. Perhaps you need a Corvette?

Tom R.

I just saw that report on tv. Its always horrible.

Perhaps you need a Corvette?

I despise driving long distances, but a Corvette sounds fun.

I'm not a big fan of flying either, but I'll generally just have a cocktail or two beforehand and go for it. I know its safer to fly than to drive.

I'm trying to figure out what I'll tell my wife when she wakes up. She has major anxiety issues and these things cause her to break down a bit.

I'm thinking I'll say something like...it will never be safer the next week, maintenance crews will be taking an extra look at the planes...and more stuff like that.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/882#post_1119213"] I just saw that report on tv. Its always horrible. Perhaps you need a Corvette?[/QUOTE] I despise driving long distances, but a Corvette sounds fun.  I'm not a big fan of flying either, but I'll generally just have a cocktail or two beforehand and go for it. I know its safer to fly than to drive.  I'm trying to figure out what I'll tell my wife when she wakes up. She has major anxiety issues and these things cause her to break down a bit.  I'm thinking I'll say something like...it will never be safer the next week, maintenance crews will be taking an extra look at the planes...and more stuff like that.

Good luck. My wife tends to be nervous also, compounded by a very high level of both intelligence and imagination, twisted with New Hampshire style pessimism. I bought her a Porsche.

Tom R.

• 4 weeks later...

So I am at Walmart this AM buying supplies for the office. The lady ahead of me wants a carton of cigarettes and the clerk starts the search for this weird brand I've never heard of. Turns out they don't have a carton just single packs on the shelf. The customer asks if she buys ten loose packs if it she can get the carton price. I have no idea how this works because I don't smoke. Anyway the clerk has no clue so she asks the manager on the register just to the right. Goes something like this.

Can I get the same price?

Not sure let me ask.

Sally can she get the same price for ten loose packs we don't have a carton.

How much is a single pack?

$4.02

How much is a carton?

$40.20

Ok let me get my phone so I can times that and see what it comes out to.

A minute or so passes while they sit there looking at each other while she uses the calculator on her phone. I am dying trying not to bust up. Adults that handle money daily one that somehow worked to get to a management position can't perform basic math. What grade do you learn stuff like that, 3rd-4th I think.

They never did get it. Turned out they only had nine loose packs so it finishes with the manager saying it doesn't matter because they don't have ten loose packs. Sheesh.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 3234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!