IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A minute or so passes while they sit there looking at each other while she uses the calculator on her phone. I am dying trying not to bust up. Adults that handle money daily one that somehow worked to get to a management position can't perform basic math. What grade do you learn stuff like that, 3rd-4th I think.

Let me preface by saying I'm not extremely intelligent by any means, but I worked at Wal-Mart for a year during college and I was offered to be automotive manager within 2 months. I turned it down because I didn't know anything about auto and I enjoyed working sporting goods/firearms. My point is....Wal-Mart is so saturated with dim-wits that when they find just one person that can seemingly use at least 1% of their brain, they throw promotions at them. It happened to me & my roommate. My roommate told them he was leaving and they shit their pants and offered him a $4 per hour raise. (He didn't take it) You can actually make an ok amount of money in a short amount of time there if you can put ego aside.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I didn't think it was a Walmart thing as much as being surprised an adult couldn't perform very basic math.

I got ya.

I guess what I was getting at was...that happens a lot at Wal-Mart.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• 2 weeks later...
Bernie Sanders kind of looks like Jim Boeheim. Is Bernie Sanders Jim Boeheim? ... Bernie Sanders is Jim Boeheim.

Riley

Bernie Sanders kind of looks like Jim Boeheim. Is Bernie Sanders Jim Boeheim?

Bernie Sanders is Jim Boeheim.

I wish he looked more like this Bernie.  We could have some fun with that!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Bernie Sanders kind of looks like Jim Boeheim. Is Bernie Sanders Jim Boeheim?

Bernie Sanders is Jim Boeheim.

Bernie Sanders needs a comb. Badly. Jim Boeheim hasn't needed a comb for a long time.

Bill M

So, a buddy of mine has lost 25 lbs.since Christmas and I wanted to know how. He said that he stopped eating bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. I need to lose about 20 but I figured that diet would be a problem for me as I love all of those things. I realized that I eat way to much of all of them, a lot more than necessary. so I figured that I would go on a similar diet for a couple of months and then re-introduce and manage the other things moderately.

So far, so good. I started about 11 days ago, I eat pretty much anything else that I want and have amazingly lost 7 pounds already. I wasn't obese, just a little overweight, but I am melting away. I realized after a golf game last week how ridiculous my diet was. There was a sausage grinder on the dinner menu, with peppers, onions and cheese on a large sub roll with fries. A few weeks ago I would not have hesitated to order it.  My buddy ordered the works and I ordered the same without the roll and fries. Just looking at the two plates was a revelation and, when I was done, I was sated but didn't feel stuffed. I now snack on fruit and veggies instead of pretzels and chips. Exercising is easier already and I go harder.

I think in the end that I will probably go back to potatoes and pasta on a more moderate level but I don't think I need the bread. And I have begun to enjoy the fruit and veggies every bit as much as I did the pretzels and chips. It takes a little work because I have to make sure that I have enough around at all times because nobody else will make them available. Meanwhile, everywhere I go there are all the pretzels and other junk that I would want, making it easy to stuff my face if I chose. Example, when I finish playing golf at my club and go into the grille, they immediately plop down a big bowl of pretzels and chips and I would always dig in.

Bill M

What's wrong with pretzels???? I love pretzels...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

[quote name="14ledo81" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/880_40#post_1141488"]What's wrong with pretzels???? I love pretzels...

Pretzels suck.[/quote] ??? No way..

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Pretzels suck.

Agree, totally shit.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

[quote name="RJH999" url="/t/72760/social-thread-chat-about-non-golf-here/900_100#post_1141529"] Pretzels suck.

Agree, totally shit.[/quote] I just don't understand how you can say such mean things.....

-Matt-

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJH999

Pretzels suck.

Agree, totally shit.

Not these!  Chocolate makes everything better!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

@Pretzels suck.

Hey now… ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's awesome @phan52 . Keep it up. I continue to struggle, but my endocrinologist is tinkering with my meds. Hopefully it will start working soon.

We need bacon wrapped pretzels...

- Shane

• 1 month later...

So, a buddy of mine has lost 25 lbs.since Christmas and I wanted to know how. He said that he stopped eating bread, potatoes, rice and pasta. I need to lose about 20 but I figured that diet would be a problem for me as I love all of those things. I realized that I eat way to much of all of them, a lot more than necessary. so I figured that I would go on a similar diet for a couple of months and then re-introduce and manage the other things moderately.

So far, so good. I started about 11 days ago, I eat pretty much anything else that I want and have amazingly lost 7 pounds already. I wasn't obese, just a little overweight, but I am melting away. I realized after a golf game last week how ridiculous my diet was. There was a sausage grinder on the dinner menu, with peppers, onions and cheese on a large sub roll with fries. A few weeks ago I would not have hesitated to order it.  My buddy ordered the works and I ordered the same without the roll and fries. Just looking at the two plates was a revelation and, when I was done, I was sated but didn't feel stuffed. I now snack on fruit and veggies instead of pretzels and chips. Exercising is easier already and I go harder.

I think in the end that I will probably go back to potatoes and pasta on a more moderate level but I don't think I need the bread. And I have begun to enjoy the fruit and veggies every bit as much as I did the pretzels and chips. It takes a little work because I have to make sure that I have enough around at all times because nobody else will make them available. Meanwhile, everywhere I go there are all the pretzels and other junk that I would want, making it easy to stuff my face if I chose. Example, when I finish playing golf at my club and go into the grille, they immediately plop down a big bowl of pretzels and chips and I would always dig in.

Update. 6 weeks in and I have hit my target weight, dropping 20 pounds in that time. I feel great, my clothes fit me again, I have more energy and I actually can see an ab (not multiple as in abs, just an ab, but that's a start). I am 62 years old and I am back at my college weight. I am surprised that I was able to make it so quickly but my wife has been on board and we now both cook with the diet in mind. One rule of thumb, zero fast food and avoid a lot of anything that requires an ingredient panel. One ingredient food (meat, fruit, vegetables, etc.) One thing is, it is work to find the right food unless you do it yourself. Almost everything you can get out has too much sugar, carbs and empty calories. At some point I will introduce SOME carbs back into my diet, but I will seriously restrict them, particularly the bread. I doubt that I will eat any more candy and/or potato chips, as I have found other healthier things to snack on that I like just as much (eating some almonds as we speak). I have to be careful now because I am working out harder (my earlier workouts that had me huffing and puffing are a breeze and I had to step it up just to break a sweat) and I don't want to lose TOO much. Going for my annual medical checkup next month and I will be curious to see my blood-work compared to last year. Last year at this time my blood pressure was a little high for the first time in my life and my cholesterol was medium-high.

Bill M

Update. 6 weeks in and I have hit my target weight, dropping 20 pounds in that time. I feel great, my clothes fit me again, I have more energy and I actually can see an ab (not multiple as in abs, just an ab, but that's a start). I am 62 years old and I am back at my college weight. I am surprised that I was able to make it so quickly but my wife has been on board and we now both cook with the diet in mind. One rule of thumb, zero fast food and avoid a lot of anything that requires an ingredient panel. One ingredient food (meat, fruit, vegetables, etc.) One thing is, it is work to find the right food unless you do it yourself. Almost everything you can get out has too much sugar, carbs and empty calories. At some point I will introduce SOME carbs back into my diet, but I will seriously restrict them, particularly the bread. I doubt that I will eat any more candy and/or potato chips, as I have found other healthier things to snack on that I like just as much (eating some almonds as we speak). I have to be careful now because I am working out harder (my earlier workouts that had me huffing and puffing are a breeze and I had to step it up just to break a sweat) and I don't want to lose TOO much. Going for my annual medical checkup next month and I will be curious to see my blood-work compared to last year. Last year at this time my blood pressure was a little high for the first time in my life and my cholesterol was medium-high.

Right on brotha man.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!