IGNORED

Social Thread - Chat about Non-Golf Here!

iacas
Note: This thread is 3234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No, but it needs to make a comeback!

Yeah beer is good with burgers. It came up in coversation and nobody could remember the name. One of those can't get it off the mind things. But I had it wrong. It was Round The Corner and it was a phone on the table to order. In my head I mashed it up with another place.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah beer is good with burgers. It came up in coversation and nobody could remember the name. One of those can't get it off the mind things. But I had it wrong. It was Round The Corner and it was a phone on the table to order. In my head I mashed it up with another place.

You had me at beer and burger. ;-)

Glad you figured it out. There is a place in McAllen, TX called Taco Palenque that serves Taco Bell type food (only good), but they have chests of iced down beer on the counter. They also have a condiment bar with hot sauces, peppers, etc. This is what every Taco Bell should be.

- Shane

Sadly the middle aged metabolism doesn't allow me many beers and burgers. All this came up as we were brain storming for Super Bowl grub ideas. It went from yay let's do burgers to but how can we make it low cal. I know it's just one day but damn I get tired of even thinking about it. Probably will order something to go from the local Thai place or head to the Asian market and grab paper thin sliced rib-eye and do something with that.

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Sadly the middle aged metabolism doesn't allow me many beers and burgers. All this came up as we were brain storming for Super Bowl grub ideas. It went from yay let's do burgers to but how can we make it low cal. I know it's just one day but damn I get tired of even thinking about it. Probably will order something to go from the local Thai place or head to the Asian market and grab paper thin sliced rib-eye and do something with that.

Forget middle aged metabolism, I had to stop drinking beer after age 25 as I was noticeably getting a miniature Randy belly. (trailer park boys)

Switched to whiskey, will never go back.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Beer pairs good with just about everything. I like the Belgian places that recommend a beer for every menu item. If I was going to go down in flames for the day beignets and a "dirty ho" or two would be my poison (Hoegaarden and raspberry lambic).

You had me at beer and burger. ;-) Glad you figured it out. There is a place in McAllen, TX called Taco Palenque that serves Taco Bell type food (only good), but they have chests of iced down beer on the counter. They also have a condiment bar with hot sauces, peppers, etc. This is what every Taco Bell should be.

Taco Bueno all over the DFW area, same deal. Truly fast food with beer

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

My downfall is sushi and beer. I can demolish a couple rolls of sushi in minutes and still be hungry for more.

Ditto.

Taco Bueno all over the DFW area, same deal. Truly fast food with beer

I think they need to open one of those in Ohio.

- Shane

I'm heading to Dallas tomorrow to visit my sister for the weekend. It will be my first time being there for more than a layover. She raves about this place called Torchy's Tacos.

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

I'm heading to Dallas tomorrow to visit my sister for the weekend. It will be my first time being there for more than a layover. She raves about this place called Torchy's Tacos.

I've heard of it but never tried it. Fuzzy's Tacos is pretty good. I'm not into the Mexican food thing. Enjoy Big D!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

You gonna tee up!?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I think they need to open one of those in Ohio.

I was at a Chipotle around Dayton last year that served beer. I just assumed they served beer in more places than NJ.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I was at a Chipotle around Dayton last year that served beer. I just assumed they served beer in more places than NJ.

Yeah Chipotle near University of Dayton serves Margarita's and Mexican Beer. Not my preference.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yeah Chipotle near University of Dayton serves Margarita's and Mexican Beer. Not my preference.

The one I went to had Yeungling.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

You gonna tee up!?

I am flying Spirit because my wife found some crazy good deal. That being said, I wont be bringing my clubs with me. It's supposed to be rainy this weekend, but if I get the chance, I'm definitely going to catch a round and rent some clubs! Would be awesome!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

Yes, they do here too, as does Freebirds (another burrito joint).

Yes, they do here too, as does Freebirds (another burrito joint).

NJ is really tight with their liquor licenses, so you won't see fast food restaurants with them. The Chipotle in Ohio was a pleasant surprise.

Bill

My Swing Thread

The one I went to had Yeungling.

Yeungling. Good stuff. I'm not a fan of Chipotle. I go to Hot Head Burritos since they're a locally owned chain (and better IMO). Let us know if you're ever in Dayton again.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 3234 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!