IGNORED

Why do the pros hit it so far? Here's my take

xerex250
Note: This thread is 2568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oddly enough, I'm reading that book right now. Big Rock Candy Mountain by Wallace Stegner.

Oh the coincidence!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was hoping that this person was either

1)  Someone who didn't like something and was not over it yet.

2)  Someone off their meds

3)  Someone who sincerely had bad communication skills

but I'm going with

4)  Someone making this shinola up and having a good laugh about it.

Pity be

cause I wo

uld still

like to read

one of h

is books

since I can

use the

other 5/6

of my eyes

to do some

more cons

tructive

• Upvote 1

—Adam

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactswing

Posting links to my books would b spam imo

You could PM proof of who you are, as well as links to your books, to a volunteer who could then verify that these claims are true. You don't need to post them to prove it. The moderators have backed up similar claims from people in the past when proof was provided.

I'm not holding my breath.

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactswing

I have 7 honorary doctorates.

I have a real doctorate, in a field you claim to have published in.

Don't you just hate it when you need to work your butt off for 6 plus years, go in front of a panel of your 'superiors' to defend your life's work in 3 hours? Then someone else just takes one evening, with a free dinner to boot, to get "the same thing"? :smartass:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Don't you just hate it when you need to work your butt off for 6 plus years, go in front of a panel of your 'superiors' to defend your life's work in 3 hours? Then someone else just takes one evening, with a free dinner to boot, to get "the same thing"?

Sounds like when someone rolls their ball over in the fairway/rough while you practiced hard to hit from non-perfect lies.   But hey, writ'in 100 books takes time too....

—Adam

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/72762/why-do-the-pros-hit-it-so-far-heres-my-take/108#post_956207"]   Don't you just hate it when you need to work your butt off for 6 plus years, go in front of a panel of your 'superiors' to defend your life's work in 3 hours? Then someone else just takes one evening, with a free dinner to boot, to get "the same thing"? :smartass:   [/QUOTE] Sounds like when someone rolls their ball over in the fairway/rough while you practiced hard to hit from non-perfect lies.   But hey, writ'in 100 books takes time too....

Sure, writing 100 books takes time, but much less than one good one if you don't need to establish any credibility.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Sure, writing 100 books takes time, but much less than one good one if you don't need to establish any credibility.

I think Jonathan Swift said something like you need to read 100 books to be able to write one.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

We'll I'd say it's lag club head speed timing and sheer skill I've seen and played with pros on courses and witnessed them drive the ball (carry) in normal conditions to a 300+ yard green

So I guess @impactswing can't or wont answer your questions @iacas .-Good. We can talk about the actual topic now insted of his perverted sense of the golf swing. Thanks for posting that Jamie Sadlowski vid bTW!

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I think Jonathan Swift said something like you need to read 100 books to be able to write one.

A little light just went on in my head. I can see how this topic is a good analogy to the golf swing.

Lucky for us Erik @iacas , Dave W., @mvmac and "Phil McGleno" looked at 100's and 100's of golfers swings for us, I am content with learning from the fruits of their labor. ;-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

They do have the benefit of access to whatever teachers they need.   Constantly refining and attempting to find ways to add distance is a big part of what I imagine those teachers can do.    I also think professionals hit the ball harder and swing faster, but have the ability and practice to hit it flush at those speeds + power.

I imagine a teacher could take me from my current distance to something longer if they worked with me for over a year and changed how I swing.

—Adam

@impactswing , please answer the question

Please explain how, if your weight is 55 trail and 45 lead at the top of your backswing, simply rotating your hips gets your weight 85%+ forward at impact?

And this one: how can Jamie Sadlowski hit the ball 328 yards without really using his hips (from his knees) if there's nothing more to distance than being 45°+ with your hips at impact?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I imagine a teacher could take me from my current distance to something longer if they worked with me for over a year and changed how I swing.

... and you quit your job and work on that new swing every day.    For us amateurs, just think if you didn't have to get in your car and drive to work every day, an only get to play golf when you have a few spare hours every week.    Get up, hit the course or range for a full days work on that new swing.    Work on it tomorrow the same way.    For weeks, then months at a time.   Yeah, we'd all have tremendous golf game & length given that amount of practice time ... maybe not PGA caliber depending on inherent talent, but sick game nonetheless.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Either the OP is just incredibly ill-informed or everyone is just getting trolled. I read the initial post with the ridiculous low pro carry number and then I saw his pros are now mostly 6',  240 pounds, LOL where are you getting this information?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

... and you quit your job and work on that new swing every day.    For us amateurs, just think if you didn't have to get in your car and drive to work every day, an only get to play golf when you have a few spare hours every week.    Get up, hit the course or range for a full days work on that new swing.    Work on it tomorrow the same way.    For weeks, then months at a time.   Yeah, we'd all have tremendous golf game & length given that amount of practice time ... maybe not PGA caliber depending on inherent talent, but sick game nonetheless.

Quite true. However this is solely about distance and I believe that that is solely mechanics. How efficient is your swing? And what is your swing speed? The practice is swinging as hard as many pros do with the accuracy they do. But overall, a teacher should be able to slowly move someone to longer length with mechanic changes. There's more to have a super game than distance, but how far you hit it is generally mechanical. And that is why I think tour players can hit it as far as they do. Someone gets to know their swing and they have the knowledge to take it further. Someone could give me 40 more yards, but I doubt at this point that would shave much from my score. My strengths are short game and putting. My handicap would be higher with my current swing and an average short game.

—Adam

Plus having a personal swing coach 24h a day to fine time every little spec of there swings prob helps

Hey prooneday--I see you're new, so welcome to TST!

Please take some time to review the forum's features, particularly with respect to searching and multi-quoting.  Also, you're probably on a smartphone, but try and use punctuation and sentences.  Sounds like you have something to contribute, and we definitely want you to, but it's difficult if you use text-speak.

Thanks for joining us!

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Note: This thread is 2568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!