• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dchoye

What are the correct pressure points for putting?

7 posts in this topic

Anyone tell me what pressure points one feels when putting the ball in the hole?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Anyone tell me what pressure points one feels when putting the ball in the hole?

Depends on the golfer. It looks like most golfers though do try to maintain a certain width to their elbows.

For me its the side of my pectoral muscles and the inside of my bicep. By pressure I don't mean squeeze the arms together. The arms hang lazily. Its just were I feel the arms touch. For me I like to put with relaxed arms. Not to the point that they are all loosy. But not rigid.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me it is my armpits, not sure about the pros

Is there more pressure at front or back armpit?

Depends on the golfer. It looks like most golfers though do try to maintain a certain width to their elbows.

For me its the side of my pectoral muscles and the inside of my bicep. By pressure I don't mean squeeze the arms together. The arms hang lazily. Its just were I feel the arms touch. For me I like to put with relaxed arms. Not to the point that they are all loosy. But not rigid.

pect muscles and biceps of which arm?

Both, I feel the the inside of the left arm tough my left pectoral. The inside of my right arm touch my right pectoral.

Multiquote, please. :-)

And I don't know that you'll get an answer to this, really.

Good putters do three things well. They do this with a variety of grips, lengths of putters, pressure points, etc.

Why not post a video of your putting stroke in the My Swing thread? And a reminder: you should create a My Swing thread.