IGNORED

2014 WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

An i'm sorry but to have proven yourself, you need to be a little more established on tour than he is. Plenty of guys come out an are amazing for a few tournaments or a couple years and fade into the abyss. He is not a top 5 player, yet. He sure as hell has the potential to be someday. But that quote and his comments at the Accenture are arrogant. To those who disagree no problem, agree to disagree.

3 wins in seven months, I'd say he's proven himself to a certain degree.

This is exactly how I read his comments as well. More of a simple belief in himself and his game at this very moment than him suggesting that he is destined for the hall of fame or anything.

I will say that the listing of the resume in the interview was a little unnecessary, but remember that we're talking about a 23 year old that is barely over a year removed from being a completely irrelevant Monday qualifier. Heck, these last two interviews are quite possibly the third and fourth he's ever been asked to give on tv. He likely doesn't even have a publicist yet, lol. I'm going to cut the KID some slack.

I'm cutting him some slack as well. He's playing great right now and is confident in his ability. Right or wrong he's only saying what the top players say to themselves already. Gotta have a lot of confidence in yourself and some guts to make it onto the PGA Tour through Monday qualifying.

Anyway.....

Funny tweets from Patrick Reed's Ego

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote: From the Bleacher Report in regards to Patrick Reed--

Here's the best part as far as the rest of us are concerned: He's not a workout junkie, except when it comes to working on his golf game.

"Don't really watch what I eat," Reed said about his diet. "Just kind of live life and feel like if I work hard at the golf course, that's just what worked for me. I feel like that every time I have worked out in the past, I've gotten real tight and kind of bulked up even more, and I'm unable to really be consistent and make the correct golf swings I need to."

I think I'm gonna like this guy.

I didn't catch the post round interviews obviously - seems like those are thoughts he should just think, not say. It's one thing to say you're top 5 in the world and another to say it. Pretty disrespectful to the actual top 5 I think. I don't really mind the guy, just could use some PR tips it seems. He's a talent, there's no doubt about it but needs to take a page out of the top 5 golfers that burst onto the scene and practice humble attitudes towards their success.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I personally think Reed's a tool. He's never even been in a major and he is considering himself to be of the top 5 players in the entire world.

People throw way too much emphasis on majors IMO. He just beat out the best players in the world in a tournament that doesn't contain slugs and amateurs (ok I know they aren't slugs, but they aren't the best in the world either).

Anyone that doesn't like Reed because he considers himself top 5 right now is just drinking the haterade.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

3 wins in seven months, I'd say he's proven himself to a certain degree.

I'm cutting him some slack as well. He's playing great right now and is confident in his ability. Right or wrong he's only saying what the top players say to themselves already. Gotta have a lot of confidence in yourself and some guts to make it onto the PGA Tour through Monday qualifying.

Anyway.....

Funny tweets from Patrick Reed's Ego

hahahahahahahahahah @ those tweets.

Joel Holden

People throw way too much emphasis on majors IMO. He just beat out the best players in the world in a tournament that doesn't contain slugs and amateurs (ok I know they aren't slugs, but they aren't the best in the world either).

Anyone that doesn't like Reed because he considers himself top 5 right now is just drinking the haterade.

Or in a Bromance with Tiger. Lol

I was at work and haven't seen Reed's interviews. All I know are the bits and pieces I see in this thread.

Like plenty of athletes, it sounds like he is at least a little too arrogant for my liking but it doesn't bother me much. In time we'll see if he backs it up or folds up.

Nothing for him to worry about from the other players. This is golf we are talking about. What are they going to do, try harder to beat him than they would if he was a nice guy?

Not win "Most Popular"?

It's not like he is going to get a 100 mph fastball thrown at his head or get a double team chop-block or get an elbow to the nose on a rebound.

Reed doesn't work out and comes across as super arrogant.

Now, if he would just start partying hard, we would have a real-life Kenny Powers in golf. Which would be awesome.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless."

"I play real sports. Not trying to be the best at exercising."

Reed doesn't work out and comes across as super arrogant.

Now, if he would just start partying hard, we would have a real-life Kenny Powers in golf. Which would be awesome.

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless."

"I play real sports. Not trying to be the best at exercising."

A lot of people would disagree but I think golf could use a genuine heel. Poulter doesn't count, he tries to be nice and pleasant half the time when everyone knows he's truly an ******* at heart. I'd like him so much more if he'd just stay true to himself.

I want to see someone just embrace the Kenny Powers and go for it.

Joel Holden

Meh, I don't like Reed. Yes, he's good and proved himself - we know that. He doesn't need to remind us of how good he is or compare himself to the real greats - he is nowhere near that.

And although Sunday red doesn't 'belong' to Tiger. He's got a cock on him to wear those colors.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I am glad Reed is with Callaway, not sure if they really saw something in him or he was a Taylor Made leftover.  Callaway needs a young top golfer who grabs headlines to help push the brand.  At some point they might have Phil or Furyk sit down and talk to Reed about how to handle the press a little better.

I never considered that Reed might have said this intentionally and doesn't mind playing the heel if it gets him more headlines.  It wouldn't be a bad move if his skin is thick enough to handle the heckling.

Joe Paradiso

Trump is excellent at knowing the  what wealthy want, like and will pay for. But is clueless about the average Joe golfer, what he/she can afford, and will pay.

I wouldn't play that place for free. I saw a picture from the blimp and there is more water than land on that property. Florida golf at it's worst.

Bill M

I don't care what anyone says.  Nothing positive can come from him being that arrogant after a victory. I'm glad Johnny Miller simmered him down a little bit afterward, which we all knew he would.  I was rooting for this guy, but after that post-round interview, never again.  I can't stand guys that talk about themselves that way.  If YOU have to tell people you're a top 5 player, you're not a top five player.

Reed forgot to mention all of his middle school and high school victories. ha.  I can't believe how much of a resume he rambled off to Steve Sands.  Amateur hour.  Imagine any other top player running through a list like that after just winning a tournament.

You're absolutely right. Now that you've mentioned that I'll never be able to unsee that...

crap - another tubby golfer doing well.  crappy role model for the kids.  I thought that necklace of his was going to pinch off the blood supply to his brain.

didn't see the interview - now I'm wishing I had....fun fodder for discussions apparently.  more than the tourny apparently.

Bill - 

crap - another tubby golfer doing well.  crappy role model for the kids.  I thought that necklace of his was going to pinch off the blood supply to his brain.

Im glad someone finally mentioned that necklace.......WTH was that LOL?? But anyway I have no problem with the guy saying how good he felt and played all week because those are facts. But he should've left it there. Act like you've been there before young man. He has every right to feel that way 100% but you just dont say that on TV. I'll be rooting loudly against this guy going forward.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Bad role model? Really? You legit think some kid watching tv is going to think, "I wanna be 'tubby' just like Patrick Reed?" Come on.

Nobody wants to be overweight (Reed isn't obese or all that much overweight, I can tell you that much). So the idea of him being a bad role model doesn't fly.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 3696 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!