IGNORED

Wondering others thoughts.

Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been playing golf since I was 15, but only started getting really serious about it over the past year. Went and got some lessons, and it really helped my game as far as my irons go. I consistently hit it straight and rarely hit it fat or thin. I even hit my 3-wood fairly well a majority of the time.

But, when I use my driver, I still have a tendency to slice it hard right. I do not have any trouble getting the ball into the air, but just can't seem to straighten it out. I'm wondering if maybe my swing plane is still off, which is resulting in me having the face slightly open at impact, or if it is just a mental thing.

I will go and get lessons over the summer again if this continues, but I'm just wondering what are some of your thoughts?

In my :tmade: Burner Golf Bag

:tmade:R1 Black Driver 10.5 degrees

:tmade:RBZ 3-Wood

:tmade:Burner Superfast 2.0 3-hybrid

:tmade:Burner 2.0 irons 4-PW, AW, SW, LW

:tmade:Spiderblade putter

:adidas:Audizero Golf shoes

@Gerald Fritz ,

Can you tell us a bit more about the ball flight?  Assuming you are righty, does it start left then curve right or start go right can curve more right. Also, if you could send us a video of your swing, there are some very knowledgable forum members who may be able to see what the issue is.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yes I am a righty. Unfortunately no video. But it just starts straight right. It doesn't start straight and then start going right of the target line, it comes off the club face going in that direction. Its just strange. Ive never seen someone just hit it straight to the right. I just find it weird. I personally think its a mental thing

Yes I am a righty. Unfortunately no video. But it just starts straight right. It doesn't start straight and then start going right of the target line, it comes off the club face going in that direction. Its just strange. Ive never seen someone just hit it straight to the right. I just find it weird. I personally think its a mental thing

I've done it.  It is called a push.  If it curves more right, it is a push fade. There are a few possibilities.  It would be easier if you took a quick video or even just a photo of your set up.  Where is your ball position relative to your left heel?  For me, I have the ball at my left instep where the back of the ball is at my left heel.  If I pull it back, it will be a push fade unless I purposely close the club face.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

In my setup I also have the ball just to the inside of my left heel. Hard to get a pic with a foot of snow on the ground :( I think it might be mental, and I'm just trying to do too much with the club face right before impact. Either way I know my club face is open at impact. Just having a hard time ironing it out.

Yep, that's a push alright! That's my main miss. Here's a good thread to help you understand what's causing various ball flights: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yep, that's a push alright! That's my main miss. Here's a good thread to help you understand what's causing various ball flights: http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

Interesting article, thank you. By what I read, my problem is definitely a push. I will have to tweak my swing slightly and see if it helps. Hopefully I get some nice weather here in the next couple weeks.

Note: This thread is 3699 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!