IGNORED

2014 NCAA Football

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Auburn didn't put up 44 points running the ball. I am an Auburn fan and hate the tide. But I think OSU is outmatched in every aspect.

Starting to think I may have been wrong here ! After the last two years of bowl games, you will never hear me talk about SEC dominance, I have poured out my kool-aid.

Guess little nickie can't walk on water after all. @saevel25, Good game, good luck in NC game.

Derrek

Righty in the left trap

[quote name="saevel25" url="/t/72907/2014-ncaa-football/840#post_1090250"]Hats off to the refs for calling a pretty light game. I think there was maybe 2-3 penalties on each team. No holding calls at all. It really let the game play out between the teams.

Yeah, this was shocking to me. I don't know how much PAC-12 you watched this year but those guys were flag happy all season. Somebody must've had a chat with them prior to this game because you are right ... They called it well and they let them play for the most part. Really fun game to watch for those of us with no skin in the game. You must've been dying.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Ohio State, Wisconsin both eliminated Alabama and auburn and Michigan St. beat Baylor too! Hahaha! Big10 had a HUGE day

I couldn't agree more. Wisconsin should have won by double digits if they had any semblance of a qb. The Michigan st game was awesome and the Bama osu game speaks for itself. I do think Oregon is the favorite going into the title game but that doesn't mean anything.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yea, and OSU beat Wisconsin 59-0.. Oregon will be a tough one to win. But they are missing their best defensive player Olomu and no one gave Ohio State a chance vs #1 Alabama and we beat them too. Oregon should be favorites in my opinion, but anyone can win this last game. And for now.. I'm just basking in the happiness we won such a huge game! I went to graduate school at the Ohio State University, but when it comes to football, I celebrate like an undergrad kid!!!! Lol!!!

Glad to see FSU and Bama lose. :)

Who will you be glad to see lose on the 12th? OSU and Oregon have no time to prepare. 11 days.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Who will you be glad to see lose on the 12th? OSU and Oregon have no time to prepare. 11 days.

I don't have a real dog in this fight, but I went to a Pac 10 school so I'm going with the Ducks.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Tennessee Vol fan here. I hate both Bama and OSU (with OSU being the lesser of 2 evils....LOL). I was pulling and cheering for OSU to pull the win off. I even went to Facebook to rub it in their face. Lo and Behold none were found. LOL! Bama fans are so obnoxious and arrogant. The majority of Bama fans around here in TN are bandwagon fans! These are the ones who jumped ship from UT when they were on their downward spiral. Most can't name 3 coaches between Bear Bryant and Nick Saban.

ESPN and many sports analyst kept talking about how strong the SEC West is this year and how weak the SEC East is. But look at the final tally and you'll see that the SEC East represented the SEC with a 5-0 bowl game victories where the unbeatable SEC West got manhandled and ended up 2-6.

I honestly thought OSU was overrated most of year with a weaker schedule, but was proven wrong with some big wins. Then to go into the Playoffs and manhandle Bama like they did.......... I loved it! OTOH, Oregon is explosive and will be pulling for them!

Vols had a big victory over a BIG10 Team yesterday! GO VOLS!

Phillip

Hate is such a strong word. But, then that Orange is such a strong color. I miss The Great Pumpkin. He had that program at a decent level. Nobody really appreciated where he was with everything, but they sure missed him when he was gone.

Tom R.

Hate is such a strong word. But, then that Orange is such a strong color. I miss The Great Pumpkin. He had that program at a decent level. Nobody really appreciated where he was with everything, but they sure missed him when he was gone.

Fulmer got lazy! Don't get me wrong, I never said anything bad against the Team. Saban is a helluva coach. I think Kiffen is a disease though........

It's the Fans that make almost everyone hate Bama. Ever listen to Phyllis and all the other Gumps on The Paul Finebaum show? That's the way most act around here.

Phillip

I told a friend that I did not realize how nervy I had gotten until after Bama lost and I mellowed out. I feel stupid because I am not out there playing so what am I stressed over? I wouldnt mind Bama still being in the mix, but at least now I can lol at the other teams fans going nuts until it is done.

Tom R.

Oregon's defense gives up a lot of yards, but not many points.

The game might be close at halftime, as Oregon is not a first-half team. But they are a second-half team with a vengeance. The FSU defense was gassed. The same thing could happen to Ohio State.

FSU's defense wasn't really that good all year. Also turnovers hurt a lot. If FSU could put together a few sustained drives you let that Oregon Offense sit around more. You turn the ball over in a short period of time they can stay in tempo and the defense has no chance to make adjustments. It was FSU's offense that saved them this year. In the end it was their offense that killed them this year against Oregon.

Of course same thing could happen to Ohio State. I doubt it. FSU was 101st in Turnover Margin this year. Ohio State is in the top 15 in Turnover Margin.

I see a track meet. Though I can see Ohio State trying to put on some sustain drives. Ohio State's O-line has dominated some very very good D-lines this year. If Ohio State gets that run game going, I don't see Oregon stopping Ohio State. Elliot has been dominating teams rushing the ball. The only Running Back EVER to go over 200 yards over an Nick Saban Alabama Defense.

The primary issue for Oregon is that Ohio State has the athletes to mimic Mariotta in terms of speed on the scout team. Urban runs a very similar offense in terms of spreading the ball out, and tempo. So, the shock factor of facing a fast team like Oregon won't be as an advantage for them. Ohio State knows how to go up tempo.

I feel pretty good about this game for Ohio State. Similar to the Alabama game, I just think Ohio State gets more scoring opportunities that Oregon does and cashes in with a dominate rushing game.

Ohio State 48, Oregon 35

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Recreational Golfer

Oregon's defense gives up a lot of yards, but not many points.

The game might be close at halftime, as Oregon is not a first-half team. But they are a second-half team with a vengeance. The FSU defense was gassed. The same thing could happen to Ohio State.

FSU's defense wasn't really that good all year. Also turnovers hurt a lot. If FSU could put together a few sustained drives you let that Oregon Offense sit around more. You turn the ball over in a short period of time they can stay in tempo and the defense has no chance to make adjustments. It was FSU's offense that saved them this year. In the end it was their offense that killed them this year against Oregon.

Of course same thing could happen to Ohio State. I doubt it. FSU was 101st in Turnover Margin this year. Ohio State is in the top 15 in Turnover Margin.

I see a track meet. Though I can see Ohio State trying to put on some sustain drives. Ohio State's O-line has dominated some very very good D-lines this year. If Ohio State gets that run game going, I don't see Oregon stopping Ohio State. Elliot has been dominating teams rushing the ball. The only Running Back EVER to go over 200 yards over an Nick Saban Alabama Defense.

The primary issue for Oregon is that Ohio State has the athletes to mimic Mariotta in terms of speed on the scout team. Urban runs a very similar offense in terms of spreading the ball out, and tempo. So, the shock factor of facing a fast team like Oregon won't be as an advantage for them. Ohio State knows how to go up tempo.

I feel pretty good about this game for Ohio State. Similar to the Alabama game, I just think Ohio State gets more scoring opportunities that Oregon does and cashes in with a dominate rushing game.

Ohio State 48, Oregon 35

Good luck.  Oregon's O is a lot better than Alabama's, so OSU needs to keep pace.  Should be a fun game to watch.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Good luck.  Oregon's O is a lot better than Alabama's, so OSU needs to keep pace.  Should be a fun game to watch.

It won't be luck. :-P

I trust Urban over the Oregon's coach in getting these players ready to go.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It won't be luck. :-P   I trust Urban over the Oregon's coach in getting these players ready to go.

I completely agree. OSU is the only team Bama didn't want to play. They have a coach who can handle any situation.

Note: This thread is 3359 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!