IGNORED

Grips

Note: This thread is 2952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok yes I know there are thousands or these forums but I need quick help. I need new grips on my irons. They currently have the stock lamkin cobra ones. I really don't like them. Ok so here's what I need... Not too hard and firm like the new decades, good for sweaty hands, preferably multiple colors Iv tried many different grips and still haven't found "the one"

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Pure Grips are the best out there. Lots of colors to choose from and you get a year durability guarantee. I used Golf Pride tour velvets and switched to the Pure Pro firm. Pure Pros are softer than the New Decades but not soft like a Winn grip.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I regripped my clubs late last year with the Golf Pride VDR grips and liked them a lot. Might be worth exploring if you haven't already as I think they would fit your criteria (my opinion). http://www.golfpride.com/grips/vdr/ Before the end of the season, I purchased a set of new-to-me irons that had been recently gripped with the New Decades and I have to say that I really like them (I should at $10 a pop). I had never been a fan of the corded grips but there's something about these that I like. I, too, deal with sweaty hands but haven't had a problem with the NDs. As they say, your mileage may vary. Good luck with your search - so many options to consider.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

IMO Pure Grips are the best out there. Lots of colors to choose from and you get a year durability guarantee. I used Golf Pride tour velvets and switched to the Pure Pro firm. Pure Pros are softer than the New Decades but not soft like a Winn grip.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/accessories/pure_grips_review

http://thesandtrap.com/t/38718/pure-grips

I second this!  I have Pure Pros as well.  The dark blue ones in these pictures are mine.  And I don't even mean just the same style as mine, but those are my ACTUAL grips.  :)  The light blue ones are on my wifes clubs.  And you can see by the date of those posts that mine are coming up on one year old right now.  I play about 25-30 times a year and practice about twice a week.  They are showing no signs of wear EXCEPT for the white stripes on a few of them have come partially off.  Functionally, they are still like new.  All I do is wipe them down before each shot.

If you want the old fashioned tape/solvent/somebody-else-install-them-for-me kind, then I would recommend Golf Pride Niions as well.  Here's a review I did last year: http://thesandtrap.com/products/golf-pride-niion-grip/reviews/4743 Not as many color choices as Pure, but they're not boring.  :)

I regripped my clubs late last year with the Golf Pride VDR grips and liked them a lot. Might be worth exploring if you haven't already as I think they would fit your criteria (my opinion).

http://www.golfpride.com/grips/vdr/

Before the end of the season, I purchased a set of new-to-me irons that had been recently gripped with the New Decades and I have to say that I really like them (I should at $10 a pop). I had never been a fan of the corded grips but there's something about these that I like. I, too, deal with sweaty hands but haven't had a problem with the NDs. As they say, your mileage may vary.

Good luck with your search - so many options to consider.

Yeah, I almost went with VDRs this year, really like the tackiness. In the end I went with Lamkin Crosslines on my irons (really like the old school look with the white highlights) and put Pure Pros on my woods and hybrids. I'm a virgin to Pure Pros but they feel awesome, too bad I hit my woods like shit.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Hhmmm. I'll have to check out the pure grips. Don't think iv ever seen them. I do like the niions might have to take another look at those. Thanks guys

Not that this means anything at all ... But I noticed last night that Tonya on the Big Break has them in pink. :)

What grips are the most like the Pure Grip Pro's? The golfsmith near me doesn't have any on site.  Id like to see them and at least see how they feel before I purchase a whole set of them.  Id also like to know which grips is close to the P2 as well. Im currently gaming the Dritac which I like but they don't last all that long.

What grips are the most like the Pure Grip Pro's? The golfsmith near me doesn't have any on site.  Id like to see them and at least see how they feel before I purchase a whole set of them.  Id also like to know which grips is close to the P2 as well. Im currently gaming the Dritac which I like but they don't last all that long.

I'm not familiar with all of the different choices, but I can say that Golf Pride Niions aren't that different from the Pure Pros.  They're both simple, all rubber, fairly firm grips.

Thank you golfingdad. How do you feel they have held up?

I don't have an answer for that.  I had the Pures prior to getting the Niions for review, and only used them for a couple of weeks for the review, then put the Pures back on.  Since the Pures haven't worn out yet, I haven't had an excuse to put the Niions back on.  So they're just waiting patiently in the garage for their turn. :)

I'm not familiar with all of the different choices, but I can say that Golf Pride Niions aren't that different from the Pure Pros.  They're both simple, all rubber, fairly firm grips.

Yeah I agree with that. Pure Pros are similar to the Niions, Golf Pride Tour Velvets or Lamkin Crossline.

Do the white pure grips stay white or do they discolor?

I have the green ones and I don't have any issues keeping them clean. Had other colored grips before and couldn't keep them "spot" free, even though I cleaned them after every round/practice session.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Loving these and I don't care if they wear out quick I have to have what works best for me and these are awesome

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I really like the Golf Pride New Decade MCs but you've already said that they don't work for you so I guess that doesn't help much. :smartass:

I find the standard Golf Pride Tour Velvets to have a softer feel and they can be found for a bargain (around $4.00 a grip). The Golf Pride Tour Wraps are even softer than the Tour Velvets but I don't know how they are durability-wise and I think they may get slippery in wet/sweaty conditions.

I would say go for the standard Tour Velvets. The Winn DriTac feel pretty soft as well. I don't have any experience with Pure grips, however, a lot of very knowledgeable folks on this forum sing their praises so I am sure they are a good option as well.

Note: This thread is 2952 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!