IGNORED

Courses Banning 2014 Adizero shoes - Buyer Beware

bazbazbaz
Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played behind somebody wearing these the other day. I kept thinking there must be a giant playing ahead of me because of the chug holes in the greens. It's a shame, those are some nice looking kicks. Bad design for sure.

Have you seen some of the pictures? There seems to be a chance that they do "catastrophically damage greens." Players will also self-police this kind of thing even if it's never made into an official "policy." You can probably remember the Vijay/Phil thing at the Masters a while back…

I have seen the pictures. From what I see, the greens pictured look very soft, and they aren't rolled. When the course I play at is wet, particularly in early Spring after the snow melts, marks are left on the green no matter what kind of shoe you're wearing.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have seen the pictures. From what I see, the greens pictured look very soft, and they aren't rolled. When the course I play at is wet, particularly in early Spring after the snow melts, marks are left on the green no matter what kind of shoe you're wearing.

Are you arguing in favor of those shoes?

Several people in this thread have already spoken of first hand knowledge that they leave more damage than other shoes.

Just looking at them you can tell that the design is going to leave what amounts to a multitude of indentions almost like ball marks.

I have the pair in the first picture, the ones people are saying protrude; that's the 2013 one not 2014. They do not cause any more damage than any other shoe.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.

That's just about the ugliest thing I've ever seen.  Looks like a green after a bad hailstorm.  I can't imagine having to putt through a mess like that.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Are you arguing in favor of those shoes?

Several people in this thread have already spoken of first hand knowledge that they leave more damage than other shoes.

Just looking at them you can tell that the design is going to leave what amounts to a multitude of indentions almost like ball marks.

I think there should be a weight limit. If you weigh under 190 lbs, you're allowed to wear these shoes. Over 190 lbs, no. Kevin Stadler has to wear shoes with no spikes at all.

All kidding aside, if these shoes cause significant damage to the greens, then Adidas needs to redesign them and phase out the current shoes quickly.

Wow, imagine sticking your approaches 10 feet all day, your putting stroke is on... but you miss every one because they POP offline lol...  WOW,

Can I pretend those are all ball marks that are ironically making the shape of a shoe?   I just want to FIX EM!!!  I swear it's a ball mark!  It just happens to be in a repeatable pattern in the shape of a shoe!

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I am surprised anyone would like them. Looks like they could be awkward to walk in.

They do seem to get uncomfortable, at least for me, after I get to the 14th hole or so. Definitely going to be looking for a different pair within the next couple months.

In my :tmade: Burner Golf Bag

:tmade:R1 Black Driver 10.5 degrees

:tmade:RBZ 3-Wood

:tmade:Burner Superfast 2.0 3-hybrid

:tmade:Burner 2.0 irons 4-PW, AW, SW, LW

:tmade:Spiderblade putter

:adidas:Audizero Golf shoes

I have the grey/dark grey ones pictures above, have done about 6 months. They only leave a mark on the green when the green is soaking wet, in the dry they leave no marks at all.

Yeah, I posted above - they are no different than any other golf shoe. Not sure if the 2014 ones are different, but the gray ones with yellow above are 2013 and normal.

Talked with a few people who wear them and they agree they leave more of a mark than any other shoe, the greens are very firm at this course and they are still causing significantly more damage to the green than other shoes.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I had my eye on a pair of these but they seem to have a very aggressive spike design too. That said I play at Goodwood just down the road from the OP and we have had the worst storms for 20 years with most courses being closed due to water logging. It's good to see a course acting on an issue straight away though.

I looked at these yesterday while I was shopping for shoes.  It is certainly clear that on any greens that are not pretty firm the are going to leave marks.  I'll bet they get banned at many courses before it is done.

Butch

Sell them on e-bay and get some money back.  If you want spikes, I recommend the FootJoy M-Project.  Very comfortable low rise shoe and the spikes are flush with the sole.

http://www.footjoy.com/mproject

I would sell them asap.

If they sell True Linkswear near you, take a look -- comfy and no spikes.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

We played behind a 4some last month at our home course. We kept noticing the green being marked up. Wasn't really paying attention but noticed the footprint and definitely spike marks. My bud has a pair, last year model white/red.. He changed the spikes to the spider soft spikes and they didn't leave any scuff marks on the greens. The spike that come on them are super stiff and the smallest foot drag will rip a green up. I wear footjoy and use the spider soft spikes as well, I know a few people in our area that just got the footjoy DNA and love them. To me and my opinion only, the footjoy shoes are the best and most comfortable to me. The addidas look great but just not comfortable.

Ping G25 Black Dot Irons

Ping G25 4 Wood 16*

Titleist 925i

Ben Hogan Putter

Ben Hogan 58* Wedge

"Cant Beat The Foot Joys"

We played behind a 4some last month at our home course. We kept noticing the green being marked up. Wasn't really paying attention but noticed the footprint and definitely spike marks. My bud has a pair, last year model white/red.. He changed the spikes to the spider soft spikes and they didn't leave any scuff marks on the greens. The spike that come on them are super stiff and the smallest foot drag will rip a green up. I wear footjoy and use the spider soft spikes as well, I know a few people in our area that just got the footjoy DNA and love them. To me and my opinion only, the footjoy shoes are the best and most comfortable to me. The addidas look great but just not comfortable.

People just need to switch to Truelinks and be done with all this BS :-D

Honestly, I've had both spike and spikeless shoes slip on me. I don't think it matters much. Maybe if it it raining a bit more I might want it for driving the ball. I get a lot of torque going and if the ground is burned out or slightly wet it can be very slippery. Other than that, I never notice a difference. That is usually 95+% of the time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

People just need to switch to Truelinks and be done with all this BS

Honestly, I've had both spike and spikeless shoes slip on me. I don't think it matters much. Maybe if it it raining a bit more I might want it for driving the ball. I get a lot of torque going and if the ground is burned out or slightly wet it can be very slippery. Other than that, I never notice a difference. That is usually 95+% of the time.

I've looked at allot of different truelinks and couldn't find any I like. I've never worn them, I have worn many different shoes and none have been more comfortable than my footjoy shoes

Ping G25 Black Dot Irons

Ping G25 4 Wood 16*

Titleist 925i

Ben Hogan Putter

Ben Hogan 58* Wedge

"Cant Beat The Foot Joys"

Note: This thread is 3531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!