IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

He doesn't need to play at his best all four days to win. The way he's been grinding is a good sign, since it will keep him from dropping down the leaderboard on the off days.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never noticed this moment during the 1997 Masters final round. After the shot, this kid goes right up to Woods and taps him on the shoulder, Woods is oblivious, upset at the shot he hit.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I never noticed this moment during the 1997 Masters final round. After the shot, this kid goes right up to Woods and taps him on the shoulder, Woods is oblivious, upset at the shot he hit.

I pointed that out to my wife the other day when I watched it, too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

I pointed that out to my wife the other day when I watched it, too.

I don't think that would happen today. I wondered what the kid said, but kids say silly things. Maybe if Woods didn't have the extra layers he might have noticed. Anyways, that was a cool moment. I bet that kid is a Tiger fan for life.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, Zeph said:

He doesn't need to play at his best all four days to win. The way he's been grinding is a good sign, since it will keep him from dropping down the leaderboard on the off days.

His short game is elite now. Maybe Top 5 short game in the world once again. That allows him to not always have great ballstriking and still be able to post solid scores. If he stays healthy, I think he will win #80 this season.

23 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I noticed that as well.

On a side note, which Masters did all of you watch first? I went to the 1997 Masters :-D

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I noticed that as well.

On a side note, which Masters did all of you watch first? I went to the 1997 Masters :-D

I was thinking, man, I wish they had all the rounds of 1997. The second round, the announcers were all like Holy Toledo what is going on?

And I love how he had to take a drop because he was in the crosswalk.

Steve

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I noticed that as well.

I'm starting with 2001. The fourth in a row. I've never seen 1986 before, so likely will go with that one after.

Man, 2011 was a ripe opportunity for TW's first comeback after 54 holes to win a major. Shot -5 on the front nine and was tied for the lead after 10 holes, but only shot Even par on the back. 3-putt from only 30 feet at the 12 hole derailed his momentum. The putter killed him on the week with at least six 3-putts. Schwartzel finished 4 ahead of TW.

The golf gods were smiling on Schwartzel that day with an impossible chip-in birdie at the first hole followed by a holed iron shot for eagle at the 3rd hole. Probably gained 3 shots on the field with those two holeouts. He took full advantage of his opportunity with 4 straight birdies to finish the round. Spectacular stuff and surprising that he has done very little since then.

All the Golf's Not Hard commercials. Hit the ball 300 yards. Don't hit the ball more than 300 yards! :-D

Steve

The National is played two weeks after the U.S. Open.

• Informative 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Woods on 1997 Masters

Steve

I'm going to be that guy

Steve

Not up to date on commercials, but there has yet to be a Woods TaylorMade commercial, right?

“We know Tiger’s brand strength,” Mr. Ilagan said. “Whether he does play or not doesn’t really matter. That’s just icing on the cake.”

With Mr. Woods apparently close to his previous form — he is the betting favorite to win his fifth green jacket at the Masters — that icing is already tasting sweet. Already in 2018, Bridgestone’s sales of golf balls have increased 115 percent over the same period a year ago. 

TaylorMade, which signed Mr. Woods to use its clubs in January last year, said it saw no need to build a marketing campaign around the star, because the mere fact that he plays with the clubs or talks about their performance in interviews does the selling job.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/31/business/tiger-woods-advertising.html

Steve

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Not up to date on commercials, but there has yet to be a Woods TaylorMade commercial, right?

Done.

5ac12887d48cc_tigertmm3m4.thumb.jpg.bb3d6a2416a72b48efe0bea93f74c2ef.jpg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 01/04/2018 at 11:26 PM, nevets88 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/31/business/tiger-woods-advertising.html

Seems that it's "Mr" Woods. ;-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

On 4/1/2018 at 2:45 PM, Missouri Swede said:

Done.

5ac12887d48cc_tigertmm3m4.thumb.jpg.bb3d6a2416a72b48efe0bea93f74c2ef.jpg

:-P I mean like a commercial commercial, a highly produced 30 second spot for national tv, like the Nike ones, where he's breaking windows, tackling a thief, juggling a ball, or telling us golf's not hard, or the one with Yo-Yo Ma playing in the background.

Steve